Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
February Sweeps Promo
Topic Started: Jan 24 2011, 05:37 PM (10,002 Views)
Beth
Member Avatar

EJ and Taylor are billed as love at first site. My comment about not seeing anything exciting was only a comment about the scene on the promo; not the couple. I will give them a chance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jan 26 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm perfectly willing to give NL a chance - I've not seen her in anything else before and she's certainly pretty enough.

Having said that, though - I always find myself reluctant to jump on the band wagon when I'm being 'told' who the root for couple is. If KC had just kept his mouth shut about it and let it play out, I might have been buzzing with excitement. But the very fact that he pronounced their 'enchanted' evening makes me go :huh1:
I agree with you on being told who to root for. Other shows have done this to so its not just Days. The execs are basically telling fans that they don' have a say in the matter and this is who you are supposed to like. That doesn't fly with me and a lot of other soap fans.

I'm willing to give EJ/Taylor a chance but being told that I'm supposed to root for them is already one strike against the couple in my book.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Jan 26 2011, 01:03 PM
SocRMum1
Jan 26 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm perfectly willing to give NL a chance - I've not seen her in anything else before and she's certainly pretty enough.

Having said that, though - I always find myself reluctant to jump on the band wagon when I'm being 'told' who the root for couple is. If KC had just kept his mouth shut about it and let it play out, I might have been buzzing with excitement. But the very fact that he pronounced their 'enchanted' evening makes me go :huh1:
I agree with you on being told who to root for. Other shows have done this to so its not just Days. The execs are basically telling fans that they don' have a say in the matter and this is who you are supposed to like. That doesn't fly with me and a lot of other soap fans.

I'm willing to give EJ/Taylor a chance but being told that I'm supposed to root for them is already one strike against the couple in my book.
I agree. I HATE Corday telling me who to like. He's done it with Safe, and Jonesed them to the high heavens and they are a one note boring couple IMO. But they definetly get the couple writing.

Having said that, I'm also ready for the character of EJ to move on from Sami, so I'm willing to give this coupling a chance. I've seen NL on GH, and while I don't think she's the best actress to come from GH, I think she's decent. She's every bit as good as some of the hacks we've got on screen now. (GG, MB, CD I'm looking at you)

I'm willing to wait it out for a little bit and see how it all unfolds. I do reserve the right to bitch uncontrollably if they're a flop.

Dallas812

I'm sorry but that looks so stupid at the end how they bump into eachother and they are like already in love. I mean who does this? I just think it is really odd. Also the whole Bo saying he loves Hope already (did he already forget Carly that quick). I agree that the whole Taylor and EJ thing is being forced. I could really tell by this preview.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Dallas812
Jan 26 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry but that looks so stupid at the end how they bump into eachother and they are like already in love. I mean who does this? I just think it is really odd. Also the whole Bo saying he loves Hope already (did he already forget Carly that quick). I agree that the whole Taylor and EJ thing is being forced. I could really tell by this preview.
I know what Corday said, but I took it to mean that there would be an instant attraction between them. You know, one of those times when you see someone and you are really wowed by them, and I think that was what happened. I also think there was probably more to that scene than we saw as it was with all the scenes in the promo.

As for the Bo and Hope thing. I would bet that the scene we saw where Bo says I love you to Hope was not the scene where she runs into his arms. Most likely when Hope finds out she is free. And, Bo hadn't told Carly for awhile now that he loved her. She was telling him,but he wasn't saying it back anymore.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Believing Corday is not believing that Chloe would actually wears jeans,its just not happening. I don`t see their meeting being enchanting but I am willing to give them a chance.

Emily

Oh come on! Nobody here has ever bumped into someone who literally took their breath away? I remember college, 2001. The most gorgeous man I had ever seen came up to me. He was tall, dark, and freaking GORGEOUS! I get goosebumps just thinking about him. Suffice it to say, we went out for 3 years. ::sigh::

LittleMissEJoleFan
Member Avatar

I love the EJole stuff. :wub:
Dislike the EJaylor stuff. :frownie:

slayer2
Member Avatar

LittleMissEJoleFan
Jan 26 2011, 06:28 PM
I love the EJole stuff. :wub:
Dislike the EJaylor stuff. :frownie:

Me too, I can give EJaylor half a chance but it will be half-hearted {more like a quarter chance} having seen what NL is capable of having watched that travesty GH for years and it is not.very.much. I didn't ship her either time she was on GH nor did I have even the faintest interest in her character which wasn't helped by the fact the she was a recast preceded by the very very talented Amber Tamblyn who did better with the material as a teenager than NL did as a grown up.

I think in the one or two interviews I've seen of NL that she seems like an absolute darling and it would be super to have her on DOOL if only they weren't throwing her into the ring with two of the best young actors on the show. My concern is that not only will Ejole be interupted and thrown under the bus for this crap but also that the disparity in talent will be so glaringly obvious between JS and NL or AZ and NL that it will render the show unwatchable. Kind of like when we try to watch the adorable {but somewhat dead eyed} little girl who plays Ciara act. That little girl has an excuse. she's a little girl and an adorable one at that and she has plenty of time to grow into a well-seasoned actress if she so chooses but NL is an adult already. As someone who has half-heartedly watched NL for years in the hopes of some spark I gotta tell ya.....the hope is gone baby.
Edited by slayer2, Jan 26 2011, 10:17 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I was discussing this with someone else who came up with the idea that EJ may not actually end up with Taylor. He may end up with Nicole. Makes more sense because Nicole completely understands the Dimera life and cozies right up into it. Also makes sense that Taylor would fix Brady than fix EJ.

Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

That's the major problem with characters like Taylor. A character has to 'reform' to be with them. When NL was on GH, Nikolas was the dark prince of Port Charles. Now, he's a former shadow of himself because the writers 'watered him down' so that he could be virtuous enough to be with Emily. Another good example for me, is Jack/Jennifer. By the time Jack 'reformed' to be with Jenn, he was nothing more than a bumbling idiot who ventured into one lame scheme after another. His persona no longer matched the original persona of the Jack Harper Deveraux who occupied the Salem Spectator in the beginning. Their storylines grew ridiculous. Suddenly, Jack didn't know how to hold on to his money, lost his sarcastic wit, etc. Now, they have poor Jack on a walkabout. Talk about poor story and this one is staring you in the face.
I think that's why I prefer the baddies. They can just stay true to themselves. So, I'm against Taylor 'reforming' either one of them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Brad is a new baddie though. And what may come of it, is Brady with a damn backbone, but still inherently a decent fella.
Quote Post Goto Top

joanruth

I dread NL as just the short clip i saw of her interacting with AZ was cringe worthy. I could care less about anyone else she is paired with but she better not ruin my enjoyment of EJ. I see this being a big disaster as Safe. Sami is god awful now and I don't want the same thing for Ej. I don;t like Nicole but at least she and EJ can hold their own in scenes together but i question if NL can after just watching a couple clips. she is new so maybe its just nerves but I hate cutesy little girl voices and she was really off

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I agree my first impression was like who is this bubbly chick? Hopefully she would not ruin Ej, if that is the case Ej needs to back to Nicole.

SaveDaysNow

joanruth
Jan 31 2011, 10:50 PM
I dread NL as just the short clip i saw of her interacting with AZ was cringe worthy. I could care less about anyone else she is paired with but she better not ruin my enjoyment of EJ. I see this being a big disaster as Safe. Sami is god awful now and I don't want the same thing for Ej. I don;t like Nicole but at least she and EJ can hold their own in scenes together but i question if NL can after just watching a couple clips. she is new so maybe its just nerves but I hate cutesy little girl voices and she was really off
I totally agree with you on this!!! NL as Taylor is horrible. She sounds like some fake Disney princess with that voice. I only pray that she doesn't become the female RAFE-- all saintly and good, with a golden vagina to boot! From the looks of it, Taylor is going to be painted as a "goody goody" with a manipulative streak. Perhaps that's what EJ is attracted to, since Sami is very much the same way.

If I were Nicole, I'd tell her to get lost immediately.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Emily
Jan 26 2011, 04:46 PM
Oh come on! Nobody here has ever bumped into someone who literally took their breath away?
Yeah, it did. But, my breath got taken away because he literally knocked me on my ass and knocked the wind out of me.

Taelyn

So far Im not impressed with the Taylor character, even Though I like NL alright. But like others I dont like the cutesy voice, and the almost 'timid' needy demeaner.... Not a fan of that writing at all.

I thought the Ejole scene looked good, and frankly I hope they move forward here.. get married, and if EJ has hidden feeling that start to develop for Taylor so be it. But this also gives us the Ejole connection as well.

As for the Bope scene I dont think the scenes really portray what they imply. I think Hope hugs Bo when she finds out she will go free, then she thanks him for all he did to help her and he tells her ofcourse.. He loves her. But he has ALWAYS held on to that, He never once ever said he didnt love her.. So Im just hopeful that it will be the beginning of regaining trust, take things slow, and maybe even get counseling.. but they could alsowork things out the old fashioned way and let it all work itself out in time and they fall naturally back inlove and into eachothers arms.. but at a slow and reasoinable pace, So that the real reuinion is giving us anticipation.
Like in the old days when someone was in a Coma it lasted months sometimes so they could build up tyo a big moment... Now peeps are near death on Friday, cured by Monday, released in full form on tues/Wed... No Doubt Jennifer will be up and about after her ordeal within a week of her heart taking a trip around Salem without her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply