Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Rafe Has a Double!; 2/8 issue
Topic Started: Jan 26 2011, 09:31 PM (10,102 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

E.J and Stefano replace Rafe with an impostor, which means Galen Gerring's doing double duty. "The general consensus from my fellow cast mates and all of the crew is: 'Get rid of Rafe, this guy's awesome!'" cracks the actor.

Gering first found out about the two timing from Co-Executive Producer Gary Tomlin. "My first reaction was complete, total flattery," he recalls. "The second was total stress-out. Gary said, 'It's going to be a lot.' I had done a dual role on Passions [where he played Luis Fitzgerald], but it only went for like a week and didn't really involve many day to day characters like this guy does. He's interacting with all the people throughout Salem and it all changes so much. I'm just really stoked. What an incredible opportunity, first of all, just to play a guy who is completely opposite of the guy I usually play. As an actor, what a gift."

The DiMeras snatch a recovering Rafe from the hospital and stash him in the basement dungeon. "They see an opportunity while he's dated and slightly hurt to switch these guys out," previews Gerring. "So when Rafe comes to, he doesn't know where he is. He's disoriented and on pain medication and whatever the DiMeras gave him, so he's pretty much out of it, weak and hurt. He's certainly not himself, not in a clear state, and won't be for a while. Then it's really about Rafe II assimilating himself into Salem. At first when you see the character, he's trying really hard to fit in. Once people get used to him and he becomes more comfortable, you see who the guy really is. His plan is ultimately to break this couple [Rafe and Sami] up."

Gering says his alter ego is only mildly taken aback at how far E.J and Stefano have gone with this plan. "Does anything really shock him with those guys? They are so dubious and sinister, and the only reason they're still alive is because they thrive on this stuff. It's the DiMera way. They're beyond fathomable."

So, just who is this body double? "They never really gave a clear back story as to who he is. In my mind, this guy definably had a hard upbringing. He's a petty crook, not necessarily a bad guy, but a guy who's been down and out for a long time. Who would go through plastic surgery to look like someone else and take over their life? And who's to say what will happen when they're done with him?"

Unfortunately for Rafe, that won't be anytime soon...
Edited by Casey, Jan 27 2011, 05:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

There's so much about this article to comment on (none of it good), I can't even begin to start trying.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I don't watch this show anymore.....but was drawn to read this based on the title. And good lord it sounds like an episode of Scooby-doo or the Smurfs. Both have had such sls.

Me thinks a certain writer has been watching the Boomerang channel.

When the sl wraps is Steffy going to hollar...And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling Bradys!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

yawn, I wake me when its over..
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

When I first heard about the accident back in December I was hoping Rafe would be in a coma for a while, but instead of having that wish granted we ended with two Rafes out of this sucky storyline. Thank God I'm going to be busy with school. But I guess I need to look on the positive side the writers could have two Sami's walking around instead. :scared:
Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Jan 26 2011, 09:36 PM
I don't watch this show anymore.....but was drawn to read this based on the title. And good lord it sounds like an episode of Scooby-doo or the Smurfs. Both have had such sls.

Me thinks a certain writer has been watching the Boomerang channel.

When the sl wraps is Steffy going to hollar...And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling Bradys!
Lol!!

GG's flattered....so much to say tothat don't know where to begin.

Two Rafes it's like having two hemmoroids. Both a pain in your ass.

Good to see you Dragon! :wave:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

So much of this is too absurd. There's no point in trying to make sense of it. I do hope that R2 gives EJ a run for his money in the "evil bastard" department. That would be fun to watch. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

If some people think Rafe 1 is an arrogant asshole, let's see what Rafe 2 gets ;)
Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

JANALH
Jan 26 2011, 09:42 PM
Two Rafes it's like having two hemmoroids. Both a pain in your ass.
I'll just ditto this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Casey
Jan 26 2011, 09:31 PM

Unfortunately for Rafe? What about us? This was the worst part of the article.
I can deal with stupid unbelievable stories (that's nothing new) but long drawn out stupid stories with two characters that I hate to watch...ugh!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Cheese! It's what's for dinner!
Online Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Alligato
Jan 26 2011, 09:56 PM
Casey

Unfortunately for Rafe? What about us? This was the worst part of the article.
I can deal with stupid unbelievable stories (that's nothing new) but long drawn out stupid stories with two characters that I hate to watch...ugh!
I'm convinced the writers love to torture us. :frustration:
Goto Top

BradyB

Here comes another stupid storyline by Hackley!!!
Online Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Casey
So, just who is this body double? "They never really gave a clear back story as to who he is. In my mind, this guy definably had a hard upbringing. He's a petty cook, not necessarily a bad guy, but a guy who's been down and out for a long time. Who would go through plastic surgery to look like someone else and take over their life? And who's to say what will happen when they're done with him?"

Unfortunately for us, too. :shame:

Thanks for posting. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

It makes me nervous that there is a body double and that it's not a robot. I mean...maybe that will never be relevant, but...I'll just say it...what if it's Jack? Or Anna.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

lysie
Jan 26 2011, 10:27 PM
It makes me nervous that there is a body double and that it's not a robot. I mean...maybe that will never be relevant, but...I'll just say it...what if it's Jack? Or Anna.
.....Oh Lord...never thought of Jack...and Anna would make Sami into a lesbian without even knowing it...lmfao.....you know who I think it is...I'm keeping hope alive...if this guy starts smirking and breaking beds I know where they are going and I won't be offended as long as it bring back MY MAN and if he starts chasing Kate around town and holds himself back from striking Allie, I will be a VERY happy camper....
Online Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am curious to see how Galen does with this. I hope to at least find some humor in it.

Thanks for posting!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Angie79
Jan 26 2011, 11:27 PM
I am curious to see how Galen does with this. I hope to at least find some humor in it.

Thanks for posting!
That's a great attitude about it, Angie. I'm going to try to follow your lead. Surely it will be nothing if not humorous.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wonder if we'll ever find out who Rafe 2 is, or if it's even part of the plot. I doubt it. I'm going to remain cautious about this one. The one thing I was looking forward to was the return of the secret room, but that's not happening, so I don't know...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jan 26 2011, 11:42 PM
I wonder if we'll ever find out who Rafe 2 is, or if it's even part of the plot. I doubt it. I'm going to remain cautious about this one. The one thing I was looking forward to was the return of the secret room, but that's not happening, so I don't know...
We haven't even got a back story for Rafe1, I don't have hopes for one on Rafe2
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic