Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Like/Dislike posts feature
Topic Started: Feb 2 2011, 01:13 PM (2,991 Views)
Ellie

Hi everyone, we now have "like" and "dislike" buttons under each post. Thanks to Rhi for installing these! This works just like Facebook; if someone posts something you like, just click "Like", and it will then say "___ likes this post." We are hoping this will cut down on some of the emoticon-only responses to certain posts. Of course, feel free to reply to any post as you are now, but if you don't have much to say other than "great post" or "I disagree", these new buttons might be a good alternative.

Let us know if you have any questions! Enjoy!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Can we disable Gramps from using this :p He'll abuse it :o

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

darraholic
Feb 2 2011, 02:07 PM
I still have no idea where this is. I see nothing on any post that says either "Like" or "Dislike".

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

It's right beside the Report Button.

Manny
Member Avatar

I LOOOOVE THIS! Huge LIKE! :D

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I wonder if the dislike button will start some huge wars in the Days threads :evil laugh

Mason

darraholic
Feb 2 2011, 03:35 PM
I wonder if the dislike button will start some huge wars in the Days threads :evil laugh
As if wars haven't been started over less in that cuckoo's nest.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

darraholic
Feb 2 2011, 03:08 PM
No, it's not. The only thing I see beside the "report" button is the "quote" button.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Matt
Feb 2 2011, 03:50 PM
darraholic
No, it's not. The only thing I see beside the "report" button is the "quote" button.
What browser are you using?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Matt
darraholic
Posted Image

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Maybe the internet just hates you :(

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Miss Rhi
Feb 2 2011, 03:52 PM
Matt
darraholic
What browser are you using?
IE8

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

darraholic
Why did I have a feeling that this was coming? AND from you, Darra! I've already used the "dislike" button once! I have another feeling! This is going to start wars all over DR and not just in the DAYS section! :drunk:

six
Member Avatar

I'm waiting for all the newbies to register just to like their fanbases' posts, and dislike the other side's.

Thanks for installing a new feature, Rhi.
Edited by six, Feb 2 2011, 04:26 PM.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Is it possible to make like/dislike available only for posters who have been on the board for awhile or have a specific post count? I fear what six mentioned that people will join the board solely for these feature. Will there be a recourse if you find posters are abusing this new feature?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Maybe it's not a bad thing if people sign up only to like/dislike.

I mean, it would only tag a post with lots of dislikes/likes, right, which can be easily ignored.

People wouldn't actually start talking about the like/dislike count on a post...I have to have that much faith. So it could be much less disruptive fanbase wars...in theory.

Ellie

~bl~
Feb 2 2011, 06:15 PM
Is it possible to make like/dislike available only for posters who have been on the board for awhile or have a specific post count? I fear what six mentioned that people will join the board solely for these feature. Will there be a recourse if you find posters are abusing this new feature?
I agree with what Px says above.. coming from a staff perspective, we much prefer if people like/dislike than if they flood a thread with one or two word posts. Of course, if it becomes a problem, we will reevaluate. My own opinion is that people are so used to it from Facebook that it really won't take much adjustment here.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I also do not see any such button next to Report. Also using IE8.

Now, the real important question with all this is: what are we going to do without her "+1"?? :lol:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I pulled out the only IE that I have installed which is IE 9, and I can see the buttons but they don't work when I click on them. I'll do some investigating today as to why this code doesn't working with IE 8 or 9.

sungrey

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 2 2011, 04:21 PM
darraholic
Why did I have a feeling that this was coming? AND from you, Darra! I've already used the "dislike" button once! I have another feeling! This is going to start wars all over DR and not just in the DAYS section! :drunk:
I gotta side with Grandpa here. I'm not using the like/dislike function because my fear is if I dislike a post that could trigger something we don't want.

Now replying to that post? Different story. I'll still chime in with my two cents.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DR Member Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply