Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Like/Dislike posts feature
Topic Started: Feb 2 2011, 01:13 PM (3,134 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Isn't this Thanks the same thing as Like/Dislike? I'm confused.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Feb 6 2011, 07:53 PM
Isn't this Thanks the same thing as Like/Dislike? I'm confused.
Likes are for individual posts. Thanks are for the member. That's what I tell myself anyway.
Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

Disliked shit stirrer. Chalk up another phrase you can only find on Daytime Royalty.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Speaking of disliked shit stirrers (sort of), is there such a thing as a "Gruntled Employee"?

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Quote:

I've been using the like button, but not the dislike. I don't really see the point to disliking a post--if I disagree with it, I'll either post a response, ignore it, or in extreme cases where it's the same person posting the same stupid shit over and over, I'll put the poster on ignore. In that sense I do see the point of "liking" something, in that there's really no reason to post an ITA or QFT or a hail emoticon, which as I recall people aren't supposed to be doing but they do anyway. But disliking, I feel requires some explanation.

This I agree completely with

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

How do I see who's thanked me?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Drew
Feb 7 2011, 09:40 PM
How do I see who's thanked me?
Click the number next to the "Thank" button and you'll get a pop up showing you.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

thx

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Oh I guess i'm supposed to hit the button now :lol:

Gah why do I feel suddenly like a 80 year old trying to make the VCR stop blinking?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Feb 7 2011, 11:52 PM

Gah why do I feel suddenly like a 80 year old trying to make the VCR stop blinking?
You mean, why do you feel like Gramps, more like.
Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 8 2011, 12:01 AM
Drew
Feb 7 2011, 11:52 PM

You mean, why do you feel like Gramps, more like.
The only thing worse than you posting that, creep, was that I was just about to do it myself! :drunk:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

i love some of the "reasons" for my thanks! Lysie wrote "For settling the colonies" and Darrah "For being so old!"! I used to love you kids but now I' just fond of you!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

So I have a question about the 'thanks' feature. I gave Janalh a thanks and it's showing up as:
-1, what the hell is that. I thanked her, and I didn't take it away....now I don't want to thank Socr until I figure this shit out....WTF is that.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

LuvingLumi
Feb 11 2011, 01:50 PM
So I have a question about the 'thanks' feature. I gave Janalh a thanks and it's showing up as:
-1, what the hell is that. I thanked her, and I didn't take it away....now I don't want to thank Socr until I figure this shit out....WTF is that.
I noticed this earlier and can't figure it out.The only thing I can think of right now is maybe it does that when you try to "Thank" someone more then once in a 24 hour period, other then that I got nada.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

^^If I attempt it...it actually doesn't let me thank that person at all....a window pops up telling I have to wait another "x" amount of hours before I can give thanks to this person.....

Alin89
Member Avatar

never mind
Edited by Alin89, Feb 11 2011, 07:40 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Am I the only one who can't see the thanks buttons at all? Did something happen to it?

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

They are still there for me.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Mateo
Feb 12 2011, 08:08 PM
I think it was because I was on AOL. When I switched to Google Chrome they were there. Thanks for answering :)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Crazygirl
Feb 12 2011, 08:14 PM
Mateo
Feb 12 2011, 08:08 PM
I think it was because I was on AOL. When I switched to Google Chrome they were there. Thanks for answering :)

People still use AOHell? :o

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DR Member Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply