Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Like/Dislike posts feature
Topic Started: Feb 2 2011, 01:13 PM (3,228 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 19 2011, 06:04 PM
badaddiction
May 19 2011, 05:53 PM
Miss Rhi
May 19 2011, 05:45 PM
badaddiction
May 19 2011, 07:33 AM
Miss Rhi - I'm barely computer literate. I have no idea. When I log on to the net, the main paige is Google. Is that the browser?
Browsers are like Internet Explorer with the blue e symbol that you click on and open to get to websites or Firefox with the little orange and blue symbol.
Then, yep, my browser is the google search engine. I'll switch it to yahoo and see what happens.

Thanks.
A search engine and browser are two different things. When you turn on your computer what do you click on to get to the google search page?
OK, I'm so sad when it comes to this stuff. I googled for the definition of a web browser, and if I understand it correctly, my browser - according to About.com - is the Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (I upgraded to this a couple of days ago).
Edited by badaddiction, May 19 2011, 08:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bremol
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 15 2011, 08:31 PM
I was never a math whiz but I know some people should have higher numbers! A few of my posted thanks seemed to disappear into the ether when we were having peekaboo problems! I'm on Firefox too but I think it was a glitch in the "Thanks" function itself! And after scrolling through the entire members list so no one would feel left out!! :unsure:
What happened to the 'thanks' feature?

six
Member Avatar

Bremol
May 25 2011, 07:30 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Feb 15 2011, 08:31 PM
I was never a math whiz but I know some people should have higher numbers! A few of my posted thanks seemed to disappear into the ether when we were having peekaboo problems! I'm on Firefox too but I think it was a glitch in the "Thanks" function itself! And after scrolling through the entire members list so no one would feel left out!! :unsure:
What happened to the 'thanks' feature?
Yea, I miss that.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It's on indefinite hiatus for now. It was slowing down the time it took for pages to load for some people, especially ones who's internet connection wasn't as fast since that feature was flash based.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 26 2011, 12:27 PM
It's on indefinite hiatus for now. It was slowing down the time it took for pages to load for some people, especially ones who's internet connection wasn't as fast since that feature was flash based.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation. :unsure: I miss it, but it's understandable.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Is anyone else having trouble using the like/dislike feature? I tried liking a few posts but nothing happened. Usually it kicks me back to the DR home page, but now it doesn't do anything.

ETA: Never mind. I just switched to Mozilla and it works wonderfully. :wubfirefox:
Edited by Zoe_Zeppelin, Jun 3 2011, 03:53 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I like this feature, when I like or dislike a opinion and don't have the time or inclination to write a post, it's great.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Zoe_Zeppelin
Jun 3 2011, 03:08 PM
Is anyone else having trouble using the like/dislike feature? I tried liking a few posts but nothing happened. Usually it kicks me back to the DR home page, but now it doesn't do anything.

ETA: Never mind. I just switched to Mozilla and it works wonderfully. :wubfirefox:
Ha! Thanks for the inadvertent tip in your ETA. Googled (for explanation) and Downloaded Firefox/Mozilla, now the Like/Dislike feature works for me too!!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It seems IE is the big culprit when it comes to the like/dislike feature not working correctly. I've contacted the person who created the code and let them know it doesn't work with IE, they haven't gotten back to me yet though.

I very rarely use IE because it drives me batty personally. I realize a lot of people end up using it because they are used to it because it's what comes installed on computers with Windows as their operating systems, whereas Firefox and Chrome are additional downloads.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I'm glad I had the IE issue, as it led me to Firefox/Mozilla which - so far - seems to run faster than Microsoft's IE.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Anyone who's still using IE this should work for you now. If it doesn't let me know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DR Member Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply