Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MTV resurrects Beavis and Butt-head!
Topic Started: Feb 2 2011, 10:34 PM (1,119 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Beavis and Butt-head Return to MTV
Feb 2, 2011 07:46 PM ET

MTV is resurrecting Beavis and Butt-head, the network announced at their upfront presentation on Wednesday.

The animated program, created by Mike Judge, followed the lewd and often crude misadventures of two punk teenagers. The series ran from 1993 to 1997 and was adapted into a feature film, Beavis and Butt-head Do America, in 1996.

A premiere date for the series has not been set.

In other upfront news, MTV announced the premiere date of Teen Wolf, a dark reboot of the Michael J. Fox film, which will debut June 5, following the MTV Movie Awards.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I was just wondering the other day what was happening with this. I'm glad it's still on.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I would love to see a Daria reboot as well, but I just don't know if these shows would work now :shrug:

The 90's was such a diffrent time.

Mason

I would *die* if Daria was ever brought back. I think I would experience joy like I never have before. It would be the equivalent of Eileen Davidson returning to DAYS, for me.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The sad (and scary) thing is that most of MTV's core audience these days wasn't even born when Beavis & Butt-head were first on. And for some reason I could've sworn it was on before 1993 (when I was in college). Maybe I'm thinking of Ren & Stimpy (which WAS on when I was in college -- happy happy joy joy!)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I can't wait to see them make fun of the current trash that is callled "pop music"

"Fire! Fire!"

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

OMG...Beavis and Butthead rocked! I also prefer Daria, but they were funny. I dont think the new generation would get the "Winger t-shirt" reference rom the other kid that would tag along with them.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Beavis and Butthead were totally better than Daria.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I preferred Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse myself!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 2 2011, 10:46 PM
The sad (and scary) thing is that most of MTV's core audience these days wasn't even born when Beavis & Butt-head were first on. And for some reason I could've sworn it was on before 1993 (when I was in college). Maybe I'm thinking of Ren & Stimpy (which WAS on when I was in college -- happy happy joy joy!)
You are about right on the timing of Beavis and Butthead. I was in college during that time and remember watching Beavis. I can't wait to get their take on Justin Bieber. "I'm am the Great Cornholio!"

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Personally I think now's the time to finally do that 2nd season of UnderGRADS.
Edited by Drew, Feb 3 2011, 02:26 AM.

JDB

remaking Teen Wolf (darker) ah fucking hell...
It was typical 80's, but I thought it was funny enough, (Jeph Loeb wrote it) if your going to go in a more Carrie like direction but with werewolves why bother shelling out money on/using the name Teen Wolf?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Recognizable brand.

Manny
Member Avatar

I never liked Beavis and Butthead... :P

Alligato
Member Avatar

"I need TP for my bunghole!"

I love this news...can't wait to hear their take on current shit...but like Rick said, things were alot different in the 90s and I am not sure their stupid yet awesome humor would appeal to today's teens.

Rememeber they couldn't show Beavis lighting his cigarette? Nowadays with Snookie flashing her ass all the time, they will probably have to show Beavis masterbating to catch on.
I hope they don't change anything though. Beavis and Butthead were fine as they were!

LMAo at the Winger tshirt and Stuart. Too funny!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Feb 2 2011, 11:37 PM
Beavis and Butthead were totally better than Daria.
Not to me they weren't. That's probably because I felt more normal after watching Daria.... ^o)

Mason

Alligato
Feb 3 2011, 07:13 PM
I love this news...can't wait to hear their take on current shit...but like Rick said, things were alot different in the 90s and I am not sure their stupid yet awesome humor would appeal to today's teens.
Well, with Jersey Shore getting such great ratings, it would seem that MTV's current audience really will watch anything....

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Alligato
I am not sure their stupid yet awesome humor would appeal to today's teens.
I don't think you've watched enough recent MTV :lol:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mason
Feb 3 2011, 07:33 PM
Alligato
Well, with Jersey Shore getting such great ratings, it would seem that MTV's current audience really will watch anything....
Look at Amello and the Challenge shit.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Just what today's idiotic bratty youth needs -- another stupid show to kill their brain cells.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply