Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MTV resurrects Beavis and Butt-head!
Topic Started: Feb 2 2011, 10:34 PM (1,136 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Fuck you Mason. :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Perhaps I'm just resentful of today's youth for being such spoiled bratty bitches, thus I'm annoyed with any programming that's targeted at them, LoL. Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, I Used To Be Fat... it's all just... stupid.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Love Jersey Shore. Hate Beavis and Butt-head. Leave it in the 90s, please.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Jersey Shore is epic! People need to stop taking it so seriously. Of all the reaction, I understand the hate of it from soap fans the least - like what you're watching in the afternoon is somehow higher brow? LOL
Edited by Drew, Feb 3 2011, 09:23 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 3 2011, 09:23 PM
I understand the hate of it from soap fans the least - like what you're watching in the afternoon is somehow higher brow? LOL
Of course not. Soap operas suck too, LoL.

Truth be told, I've never seen an episode of Jersey Shore so it's not fair for me to judge it. It just looks stupid from the clips I've seen.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Snookie is enough to make me never ever want to watch an episode of Jersey Shore.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 3 2011, 09:41 PM
Drew
Feb 3 2011, 09:23 PM
I understand the hate of it from soap fans the least - like what you're watching in the afternoon is somehow higher brow? LOL
Of course not. Soap operas suck too, LoL.

Truth be told, I've never seen an episode of Jersey Shore so it's not fair for me to judge it. It just looks stupid from the clips I've seen.
The only thing I got from Jersey Shore was that the beefiest dudes were the biggest pussies I have ever seen...like they would cower from fights. Probably because the roids and tanning have fried their brains. Snookie and the "women" were much tougher than the guys. Just weird.
I have absolutely no desire to go anywhere near New Jersey after watching it.

Beavis and Butthead probably provides just as much intellectual stimulation as my soaps...but at least I am giggling at BandB

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Jersey Shore bothers me because these people are famous for acting like a bunch of dumbasses. They don't have any talent.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

But that's true of the ENTIRE reality genre.

Cupcake06

Miss Rhi
Feb 3 2011, 09:45 PM
Snookie is enough to make me never ever want to watch an episode of Jersey Shore.
I have never seen an episode of Jersey Shore and have absolutely no desire to. I feel like I'm the only person out there that doesn't watch it. I had no idea it would become so damn huge!

I never really watched Beavis and Butt, but I loved Daria. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Feb 4 2011, 12:16 AM
They DO have talent though. Talent at being epicly entertaining.
Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 4 2011, 12:16 AM
I completely agree that is the case with reality tv. That is why the reality shows I watch are more the competition ones like AI, Amazing Race, etc....where you need some time of skills and/or talent to be there. Others like the Jersey Shore and the different Real Housewives shows are all about casting the craziest people who are going to create drama. I have no problem with tv programs that are stupid because there are times when you need something that doesn't require you to think. I just rather watch something like a cartoon or a soap where I know this stupidity was created by writer and these are not real people in this world.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I enjoy reality shows, trashy and otherwise. I just don't like the ones that are made for teens. MTV programming in general is complete garbage.

LiZa
Member Avatar

OMG, i was completely thinking about Beavis & Butthead all last week. I was even thinking about buying they're dvds.

I agree with Matt it's freaky that these new viewers weren't even born when it came on! I feel old, i'm only 33!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply