Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC bringing back the "Western"
Topic Started: Feb 5 2011, 01:34 AM (354 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

NBC pilots 'Prime Suspect,' Civil War drama
by James Hibberd

NBCs adaptation of the British hit Prime Suspect is going to pilot, along with an ambitious Civil War drama.

The Crossing (formerly titled Reconstruction) is set in the aftermath of the Civil War, where a soldier crosses the country and settles into a complicated town where he is welcomed as its savior whether he likes it or not. Which sounds a bit like a Western, huh? Excited about this. Northern Exposure creator Joshua Brand is showrunner.

Prime Suspect follows an iconoclastic female detective [that] has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. Peter Berg is executive producing and directing with Desperate Housewives producer Alexandra Cunningham as showrunner.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

A western is nice variety. I wish NBC a lot of success in the fall because I think they have a lot of promising pilots.

I think viewers are craving more choices. And NBC was usually for quirky, different programming.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply