Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Paul Rauch- Gone from Y&R
Topic Started: Feb 11 2011, 08:28 PM (2,426 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

Nelson Branco just tweeted the following:

SudsReport BREAKING NEWS: Y&R's Paul Rauch is leaving the show!

SudsReport Holy f*ck! Can't believe Paul Rauch is leaving! Was just informed by CBS/Y&R itself. He is the best producer in daytime history.

SudsReport i will find out more.... I kind of worried about this recently....DAYS needs to hire Rauch!

EDIT: Little bit more information:

SudsReport Rauch's last day is... wait for it... April 1! He's moving back to NY, as per the release from Y&R.

SudsReport It sounds like he's leaving of his own accord. Even though I head he just re-signed with the show. He made it a better produced show
Edited by talbab1994, Feb 11 2011, 08:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This would be great news if this didn't mean Maria Bell is going to be sole EP, oh well Y&R will continue to suck regardless.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Paul Rauch is really old, could it be something to do with age?

Drew
Member Avatar

Why won't he just shut up?!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

~bl~
Feb 11 2011, 08:46 PM
Paul Rauch is really old, could it be something to do with age?
He's immortal! He won't die as long as there is a soap on the air!!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Drew
Feb 11 2011, 08:47 PM
Why won't he just shut up?!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whether you mean Rauch OR Branco, that was funny!

Drew
Member Avatar

I think it's quite obvious which troglodyte I'm refering to.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

From SOD:

Breaking News
Y&R's Rauch Out
Y&R's Paul Rauch will leave his position as Co-Executive Producer of YOUNG AND RESTLESS, effective April 1, 2011. According to a statement, Rauch plans to return to the East Coast. "My collaboration with Steve Kent, and Maria and Bill Bell has been very rewarding. I have had great pleasure working with Y&R's magnificent cast and crew. I feel that I've accomplished everything that I set out to achieve, and it's now time for me to return to New York."

Rauch, a 50-year veteran of the daytime world, was named Co-Executive Producer of YOUNG AND RESTLESS in September, 2008, and had stints as executive producer for soaps including ANOTHER WORLD, ONE LIFE TO LIVE, SANTA BARBARA and GUIDING LIGHT.

"Y&R has benefitted tremendously from Paul Rauch's experience and knowledge," added Executive Producer/Head Writer Maria Bell. "I've enjoyed our working relationship and wish him all the

Edited by talbab1994, Feb 11 2011, 09:04 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

thank goodness. However, MAB isn't much better.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Quote:

Nelson Branco just tweeted the following:

SudsReport He is the best producer in daytime history.

Delusion party of one!

Quote:

SudsReport i will find out more.... I kind of worried about this recently....DAYS needs to hire Rauch!

No. Just plain no.

MEK
Member Avatar

Rauch had a reputation as a realy misogynist who always came up with story lines that demeaned women and glorifying male characters who were abusive and rapists and did horrific things but the women still fell at their feet. Sound familiar to what is going on at Y&R? Hogan Shaefer(or whatever) one of the show's primary writers is another one with the same reputation as Rauch. Hopefully he will be the next to go. IMO either Sony or more likely CBS is beginning to call alot of the shots at Y&R and MAB may be on a short lease. She needs to be sent packing as well before she totally destroys Y&R. If her last name was Bell she would have been fired by now. She is such a hack.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Nelson's just crying that one of his sources won't be useful to him any more and he's scared how much longer MAB's ass will be around for him to constantly suck in his columns.

Drew
Member Avatar

Sadly MAB's not going anywhere .... short of a divorce.

Chilly Fan 25
Member Avatar

Now all they need to do is sack MAB and her lackey Hogan Sheffer and maybe Y&R can go back to what it used to be, a great soap with interesting character-driven storylines.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Normally, I would sympathize with some leaving/losing a job! Even Paul Rauch, my "nemesis" for many years ( although he probably doesn't remember me!)! But at his age and with his background, I'm sure he's living "comfortably" without a job! DAYS has enough problems without Poison Paul going there! I know Frank Valenti was recently signed up for awhile at OLTL but I have nightmares of Frons thinking "The ratings were good when Paul was here!" and hiring him as a "consultant" or co-EP! Going back to New York is what has me "ascared"! I will say that while I was never a Jean Passanante fan, HER return to the writing team seems to be harmless! But Rauch takes a back seat to NO ONE! I'm under no illusion that Y&R is to return to it's former glory but it IS a watchable show again! It will be interesting to see how three head writers who've proved their talent in the past will do without Paul and Ms Bloom sitting in the peanut gallery!

Drew
Member Avatar

Y&R is far from watchable.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Drew
Feb 12 2011, 04:25 PM
Y&R is far from watchable.
I won't write "That's your opinion" because "DUHHH"! ;) I have to disagree! I caught up on a few episodes and thought it was vastly improved over the last time I'd watched! Of course that could be called "damning with faint praise"!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 12 2011, 04:28 PM
I caught up on a few episodes and thought it was vastly improved over the last time I'd watched! Of course that could be called "damning with faint praise"!
Hi'Ya :wave: Grandpa!

Ur Right! Their has been some great moments lately,Problem is tha' MINDBOGGLINGLY INCONSISTENCIES! too the point you forget a s/l existed case & point Jeff & Kevin LongSharkShit, Dude walk's in with the chihuahua pup I'm thinking why one of the Sopranos guys on here, I Really Forgot about that storyline.
Take Cane Cattle Mob :thumbsdown: Okay! they bring the Great Tristan Rogers (Colin) in but DAYUM we waited what almost 2yrs for that forever Gaping Hole of Story to make sense & What ah'FAIL with Paul Leyden (Blake) another plot insertion that made things worse, Mabitchiebell brings all this Great Talent to canvas only to disintegrate them which leaves certain viewers like myself feeling very little impact regarding the storytelling, makes no dang on sense.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

AND C'est la vie to Poison Paul I had nothing for the guy far as Y&R is concern but my Grannie & Auntie said he & some man name Lemay were the reason Another World was a consistent hit. So What Happen to Paul & his writing is what I'd like to know?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Feb 12 2011, 05:02 PM
AND C'est la vie to Poison Paul I had nothing for the guy far as Y&R is concern but my Grannie & Auntie said he & some man name Lemay were the reason Another World was a consistent hit. So What Happen to Paul & his writing is what I'd like to know?
That was Harding Lemay.
I am thrilled Roach is leaving, the show was sucking before him, but when he arrived it took a nose dive right into the toilet.
Is it wrong to pray for a divorce? :lol:
HAH! I just noticed, he's leaving on April Fool's Day!
Coincidence? :tounge:
Edited by Sammie Jo, Feb 12 2011, 05:54 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply