Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Laura Prepon IS Chelsea Handler?; Actress to headline possible NBC sitcom
Topic Started: Feb 16 2011, 12:21 AM (424 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Laura Prepon To Play 20-Something Chelsea Handler In NBC Comedy Pilot
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Former That 70's Show star Laura Prepon will channel racy comedienne Chelsea Handler in Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, a multicamera comedy for NBC inspired by latenight star's autobiographical book of the same name about her life in her 20s. Prepon has landed the lead in the pilot, written and executive produced by Dharma & Greg co-creator Dottie Zicklin and Julie Larson and executive produced by Handler.

It centers on Chelsea Hanson (Prepon), a fresh-faced single cocktail waitress highly opinionated and open about her love to drink and have sex. Vodka, which hails from Warner Bros. TV and Werner Entertainment, marks a return to the multicamera comedy genre for Prepon, who got her break playing witty and confident teenager Donna Pinciotti on the Fox sitcom That '70s Show.

After the end of the show in 2006, the actress, repped by Gersh and New Wave, co-starred on the ABC drama October Road and has done guest stints on several series, including an arc on CBS' How I Met Your Mother.

SOURCE: http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/laura-prepon-to-play-20-something-chelsea-handler-in-nbc-comedy-pilot/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Hmm...I like Prepon well enough, but I'm just not sure about this...

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I like Laura too, but she does seem to be and odd choice for this role. I don't know how much hope I have for this show anyway, being that it's going to be on NBC. Doesn't seem like a good fit for a sitcom based on, of all people, Chelsea Handler and the antics in her book. I think it would be much better suited on cable.

Mason

^ Agreed. It already has a strike against it that it's not on cable where it could be raunchier.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply