Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Characters whose personalites changed
Topic Started: Feb 22 2011, 05:32 PM (939 Views)
Logan2010

What character from any soap you watched has gotten their personalites changed ever since they arrived on the show? Discuss what you liked about them or what you don't like. Here's one that came to mind for me:

ONE LIFE TO LIVE
Clint Buchanan - Heroic businessman to ruthless corporate raider in order to get what he wants to protect his family.
Matthew Buchanan - Cute and nice little boy to angry, unhappy brooding teenager

GUIDING LIGHT
Annie Dutton - Sweet nurse to crazy criminal
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Passions:

Sheridan Crane - kind, sad socialite to crazy, b*tch (kinda hated this change)
Kay Bennett - conniving schemer to get her man, "heroine" (also hated this change)
I could go on and on abt this show, lets just say I didn't like most of the personality changes, lol

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

Days of our Lives:

Every character written under Dena Higley. Such a sad shame.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Kristen Blake (Sweet Caring Social Worker to Scheming Lunatic)

Wilson_EJami
Member Avatar

Days of our lives:

Sami Brady 09-(break summer -10) then 10-11 (written as a stepford wife to fit Sami/Rafe pairing)
EJ DiMera 09-10 -11-12 (written as a bore and totally out of character to fit a pairing)
Nicole Walker 08-09, 11-12( Totally written out of character, needy,week, patetich to fit a pairing,even efter continues by playing a victim)
Edited by Wilson_EJami, Apr 15 2012, 06:04 AM.

Nate
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 22 2011, 06:26 PM
Passions:

Sheridan Crane - kind, sad socialite to crazy, b*tch (kinda hated this change)
Kay Bennett - conniving schemer to get her man, "heroine" (also hated this change)
I could go on and on abt this show, lets just say I didn't like most of the personality changes, lol
YOU'RE SO RIGHT ABOUT SHERIDAN! Bitch went cra cra! :drunk:

Gregorzick

Becky Lee Abbott on ONE LIFE TO LIVE. During her first run she was a long suffering country girl. Becky was more cynical and sarastic during her last stint on the show.
Edited by Gregorzick, Nov 27 2012, 07:04 PM.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Passions: Gwen Hotchkiss went from stable to insane in a year. People who watched the show from 1999-2002 will agree that she was pretty normal until Liza Huber retuned to the role around 2003. They completely destroyed her character..

sonemfan4life

Sheridan was more interesting as a crazy bitch. I mean MW couldn't act period but she was much better as a villain than heroine.

littleAWfan
Member Avatar

Another World:

Grant. I hated what they did with his character. Soft Spoken and kindhearted Grant was Dack's character. No one could really replace him. But they literally turned him into a completely different person with Mark.

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

Definitely John Black from Days. He came to the show as an amnesiac without a past. Despite that, he was shy, protective, heroic, romantic and funny. When Langan started writing for Days in 2000-2001, John became a real douche bag! He was starting fights, hitting people (including cops), treating Marlena horribly and making excuses for his punk son, Brady. It took awhile for the John we knew and loved to come back. Even after that, it never really was the same. Langan didn't know the character of John at all and almost completely destroyed him! :glare:
It looks like TomSell are trying to do the same thing to him... :'(
Edited by i<3ddjmalways, Jul 8 2013, 01:07 AM.

ZackMallory

B&B
Taylor Hayes: Strong,lovely and feisty and now a victim of herself *rolleyes*

Hollyoaks:
Jacqui McQueen: From a tough,feisty and strong personality to an slag... i mean to an completley mess ( I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM for the Rape-Story. Gilly would never touch Girl :( thank god the judge said: not guilty )
Cindy Cunningham-Longford: From an vulnerable and sweet lovely person with Attitude to an Evil Golddigger :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply