Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Melanie loses the baby; 3/8 issues
Topic Started: Feb 23 2011, 03:16 PM (7,325 Views)
lysie

SOW: Melanie Loses Her Baby

This week Melanie has a miscarriage after Philip both finds out about her plot with Kate and gets into another argument with Nathan.
Molly Burnett says, “Melanie didn’t think Philio could ever be mad at her again.  Obviously, that’s not the case.”
When Philip finds out about Melanie and Kate’s plans for Chloe, he lays into her for betraying his trust.  A distraught Melanie turns to Nathan for support.  He comforts her and takes her into his arms.  Nathan isn’t judgmental when she tells him of her plan to take Parker away from Chloe.  “Nathan loves her,” reminds Burnett. 
Philip comes over to apologize to Melanie, but instead he and Nathan get into a fight over Melanie.  Burnett says, “On top of everything that has happened, this is something that Melanie can’t deal with.”
Melanie suddenly doubles over in pain.  She is rushed to the hospital, and Daniel orders tests.  Melanie loses the baby as Philip and Nathan wait to hear the results from the tests.  Says Burnett, “Considering all the stress Melanie has been under, I’m surprised that Melanie was able to keep the baby for as long as she did.”
The miscarriage has a profound effect on Melanie.  She later visits Chloe and apologizes for her role in trying to take Parker.  “A child was taken from Melanie, so she has a new [compassion] for Chloe,” Burnett explains.
Melanie also gives her relationship with Philip some serious thought.  She forgives Philip for cheating with Chloe, but tells him that their marriage can’t continue.  She wants him to be with Parker.  Burnett says, “I don’t think Melanie will ever completely forgive Philip.  She’s trying to find peace within herself.”
Nathan continues to insist that he loves Melanie, and want to give their romance a shot.  Will Melanie feel the same? 

SOD: Heroines in Peril
Philip finds out about Melanie and Kate’s plan this week, and it has devastating consequences. 
Philip overhears Melanie and Kate conspiring, and he blasts his wife for betraying his trust.  She runs out in tears, and goes straight into Nathan’s arms.  While she’s talking to Nathan, Philip shows up.  “There is so much going on.  She’s trying to steal Chloe’s baby.  Everyone is fighting.  And she doubles over in pain,” Burnett says. 
Philip and Nathan rush Melanie to the hospital for Daniel to run some tests.  Melanie learns she has lost her baby.  “It’s not that Melanie is relieved, but her having this child wasn’t meant to be.  But it’s such a hard thing for her to lose, because when a life is growing inside of you, it’s a powerful thing.”
After going through this trauma, Melanie has an epiphany about Chloe.  She looks back at some of the things she has said and done, and she makes amends with her stepmother.  Nadia Bjorlin says, “It’s a good way for Melanie to get some perspective and understand a little more about what Chloe is going through.”
Melanie and Philip discuss the future of their relationship.  Melanie forgives Philip, but doesn’t think their love is strong enough to sustain their marriage.  “She realizes that she can’t get over what he did, because every day she’ll have to see Parker or her dad, and she can’t do it.  She will always love Philip and always has loved Philip from the first day she met him, but this is just something that she can’t get over,” Burnett says.
Meanwhile, Nathan gears up to declare his love for Melanie once and for all.  However, the timing might not be right for her. “She’s running around like a chicken with her head cut off.  She’s so confused about everything and she’s just trying to take it one day at a time,” says Burnett.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thank God. Philip is free!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

lysie
Feb 23 2011, 03:16 PM
Nathan continues to insist that he loves Melanie, and want to give their romance a shot.  Will Melanie feel the same?
Better question: does anyone give a shit?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Feb 23 2011, 03:19 PM
lysie
Feb 23 2011, 03:16 PM
Better question: does anyone give a shit?
His dick is too good to be shoved down her pearly whites of DEATH!
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thank God! I have never been so happy to see a story rushed.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
Come on Ron, We are counting on YOU !!

Thank GOD that Philip is away from that thing....

lastDays
Member Avatar

CONSIDERING ALL THE STRESS SHES BEEN UNDER...

Funny,she seemed more than happy to be slapping Chloe while she was down

lene
Member Avatar

Aww Philip/Melanie!! :(
Screw Nathan/Melanie! ugh...

LiZa
Member Avatar

How about an actual divorce?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Finally the end of Melanie and Phillip! I am not looking forward to more Melanie hospital scenes though.

Thanks for posting!

marty
Member Avatar

lastDays
Feb 23 2011, 03:25 PM
CONSIDERING ALL THE STRESS SHES BEEN UNDER...

Funny,she seemed more than happy to be slapping Chloe while she was down
That was exactly my first thought when I was reading this.

My second thought, was that thank god, Phillip will not be tied to Mel for the rest of his life.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

Break out the champagne....BEST.NEWS.EVER! :dance: :chee:

At least we will not have to see any toothy pippi-style babies in our future :cheer:

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 23 2011, 03:33 PM.

oldschoolfan

No more Philip and Melanie :cheer:

Schumi_F1

That's the best scene DOOL had for a long time :cheer:

esp13
Member Avatar

I've never loved an article title more. Thanks for posting.

Mason

esp13
Feb 23 2011, 03:41 PM
I've never loved an article title more.
I'll say the same when we get a headline reading "Melanie burns in the hottest, fiery pits of hell".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Amello
Feb 23 2011, 03:18 PM
Thank God. Philip is free!
Amen. I am so glad that Philip is finally, FINALLY, free from Melanie. Such a shame that it's happening right as JKJ is headed out the door, but I'll take what I can get.

esp13
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 23 2011, 03:42 PM
esp13
Feb 23 2011, 03:41 PM
I've never loved an article title more.
I'll say the same when we get a headline reading "Melanie burns in the hottest, fiery pits of hell".
Well, that would be one I would love even more than this one. :D

lene
Member Avatar

... and when will Parker's REAL paternity come out??? ;)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

It is amazing the universal hate that DAYS fans have for Melanie, yet DAYS still wants to make her the centre of attention and tries to write her in a way that they believe is appealing...I mean they have to know this girl has ZERO fans out there (except for the VERY small mate fanbase, which by the way, will be gone once Hapka and Nathan leave)...its is just MIND boggling that they continue to feature such a wildly unpopular character so heavily.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply