Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CBS Shuts Down Two and A Half Men; 2.5 Men wrapped for the rest of this season
Topic Started: Feb 24 2011, 08:42 PM (2,456 Views)
King
Member Avatar

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/24/sheen-assails-creator-of-two-and-half-men/

8:42 p.m. | Updated The litany of public misbehavior involving the actor Charlie Sheen took a dramatic turn Thursday, when the star of the hit CBS comedy “Two and Half Men” denounced the creator of the show, Chuck Lorre, and in response, production of the show was halted.

In January, Mr. Sheen’s most recent bout of excesses tied to drugs and alcohol resulted in an announcement that he was entering rehabilitation and forced the show to suspend production and cancel four episodes. On Thursday, he called in as a guest on a syndicated radio show hosted by Alex Jones. Later, he granted an interview to the celebrity gossip Web site TMZ.

In both, Mr. Sheen went on rants about Mr. Lorre, the executive producer of “Two and a Half Men,” assailing him as “clown” and a “charlatan” whose “tin can” of a show Mr. Sheen said he had converted into “pure gold.”

In a terse statement, CBS and Warner Brothers, which produces the comedy, said, “Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of “Two and a Half Men” for the remainder of the season.”

The interviews Thursday became the latest in a long litany of egregious behavior by Mr. Sheen, characterized by numerous incidents involving drugs, alcohol, and women.

The network and the studio, which had tolerated most of those episodes because Mr. Sheen mostly managed to show up in time for work (the show shut down production twice in the past two years to provide Mr. Sheen an opportunity to go into rehab) acted after the interviews Thursday.

Mr. Lorre, one of the most successful producers of television series in network history, has created two other comedies that are hits on the CBS schedule, “The Big Bang Theory” and “Mike and Molly.”

In both interviews, Mr. Sheen said Mr. Lorre’s real name is “Chaim Levine.” He was born Charles Levine; the Hebrew name is Chaim.

In a previous radio appearance on ESPN, Mr. Sheen had indicated he was ready to go back to work, but was being prevented by the decision to shut down production. In the interviews Thursday, he said Mr. Lorre was not doing “his job, which is to write,” and he accused Mr. Lorre of taking money away from him by canceling several episodes of the show. Mr. Sheen makes a reported $1.2 million an episode.

In the TMZ interview, Mr. Sheen said, “I violently hate Chaim Levine. He’s a stupid, stupid little man.”

Beyond the attacks on Mr. Lorre, Mr. Sheen dismissed the notion that he needed help for his chemical dependencies, saying he had cured himself “in a nanosecond.”

Mr. Sheen, who had promised to enter rehab after a trip to the hospital following a night of partying, later said he would only undergo treatment at his home. In the radio interview, he also denigrated the women whom have been in the middle of several of his misadventures.

Mr. Lorre declined to comment.

Mr. Sheen’s behavior has not previously risen to a level where those entities have felt compelled to take steps to either fire him or replace him, largely because he has also managed to show up for work as scheduled.

In January, Nina Tassler, the president of CBS Entertainment, expressed concern about Mr. Sheen’s behavior, but said, “On a professional level he does his job, he does it well and that’s all I really have to say.”

http://www.thewrap.com/television/column-post/cbs-and-warner-stop-production-two-and-half-men-25022

CBS and Warner Bros. Television announced Thursday that they are stopping production of TV's top-rated comedy, "Two and a Half Men," following star Charlie Sheen's rants against show creator Chuck Lorre.

Here's the full announcement:

Statement from CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television

Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of “Two and a Half Men” for the remainder of the season.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Wonderful news!

The only downside is that it will be back.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Just cancel the show.

Cupcake06

I have never understood the appeal of this thing.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I just feel bad for the people who work on this show. And their families.

Who have to suffer because of this ASSHOLE.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I feel sorry for the poor crew members that are on this show and can't work due to this situation. ETA: I posted this same time as King.
Edited by ~bl~, Feb 24 2011, 09:14 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I thought Two and a Half Men was funny! I'll be upset if it goes. What other halfway decent sitcom is there? How I Met your Mother? Please... lol

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

It should just get cancelled already. While they're at it, they should sue Charlie Sheen's pathetic ass for breach of contract.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Zoe_Zeppelin
Feb 24 2011, 09:33 PM
It should just get cancelled already. While they're at it, they should sue Charlie Sheen's pathetic ass for breach of contract.
I agree. Just cancel the show already so that the crew and the other actors have at least some shot of finding another gig. Stringing them all along isn't worth it, not for this douchebag.

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-hollywood-snippets-update/20110225.htm

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Quote:

"I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that this un-evolved mind cannot process. I've spent, I think, close to the last decade I don't know effortlessly and magically converted your tin can into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write."

"I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth."

"I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists."

The show may never come back with the things Sheen said about his boss. Ohh I sure hope Chuck Lorre holds a grudge LOL

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Chaim Levine is an idiot.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

I doubt the show will be cancelled.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Charlie clearly's never heard to not bite the hand that feeds you.

As much as I love the show,they should just pull the plug,Charlie needs to get his behavior in check and stop partying and drinking and focusing on actually being a parent to his children.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Feb 25 2011, 09:13 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Good. So over this show and Charlie Sheen. Just end the damn show. It's been on long enough.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

LPS
Feb 24 2011, 09:26 PM
I thought Two and a Half Men was funny! I'll be upset if it goes. What other halfway decent sitcom is there? How I Met your Mother? Please... lol
The Big Bang Theory is really good.

I never really got into Two and a Half Men. It was ok the few times I saw it.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

Dear Charlie Sheen:

I like you….I really do! From Wall Street to Cadence to Hot Shots, hell Hot Shots Part Deux, you’ve always had a special place in my heart. Furthermore, you have one of the most talented and intense actors of all time as a father, the awesome Martin Sheen!

Because I like you so much, I tried to downplay all the nuttiness but this time, you’ve gone too far….and that disappoints me. Do you have any idea how many out-of-work actors would kill to be in your shoes right now? Shoot, I’m sure your brother Emilio would take over your role if offered, he hasn’t been in anything since The Mighty Ducks #25! When you’re blessed with such talent and willingly choose to piss/puree/Nazi-stomp on it all for the sake of drugs and pussy, it eventually becomes hard for fans to feel sorry for you. Sadly to say, I’m now at that point.

Do yourself a favor; listen to your family and friends and go back to rehab, clean up and beg Chaim/Haim/Ira Levine’s forgiveness…then beg the rest of the cast and crew for their forgiveness. More importantly, think of your beautiful daughters and do right by them. Otherwise, I’ll be watching your obit on ET, Extra, CNN, etc.

SBG

blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm sorry, but his comments abt Lorre sound racist to me. And Charlie, don't come back until you grow up. I feel sorry your children are stuck with you as their father.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Miss Rhi
Feb 25 2011, 11:15 AM
LPS
Feb 24 2011, 09:26 PM
The Big Bang Theory is really good.

I never really got into Two and a Half Men. It was ok the few times I saw it.
I have only seen it a couple of times, but 'Raising Hope' is really funny! It is on after 'Glee'.

I actually like 'Two and A Half Men', but I think it is time for it to end if Charlie is going to continue on this way. He is so messed up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply