Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CBS Shuts Down Two and A Half Men; 2.5 Men wrapped for the rest of this season
Topic Started: Feb 24 2011, 08:42 PM (2,464 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Modern Family & THe Middle > Poo > Two & Half Men
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

I think Two and a Half Men can be screamingly funny at times. That said, there are so many stories they can do off the other characters. Give Berta something meaningful. Jake's growing up and somehow attracts female attention. The mother...

This show could get along without Charlie.

God, the shit Chuck Lorre's had to put up with in Hollywood. If it isn't struggles with Roseanne or Brett Butler, it's Charlie.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Two and a Half Men is NOT funny and has never been. It is "cheap" "stupid viewer" funny...it has no quality what so ever.

And what a prick for doing this to probably theh hundreds of people who work for this show, who now are out of work until production is restarted.
Edited by Rick, Feb 25 2011, 03:11 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Sindacco
Feb 25 2011, 07:02 AM
Chaim Levine is an idiot.
Charlie Sheen is the epitome of an idiot, not to mention a crackhead, a drunk and a man whore , but Chaim Levine/Chuck Lorre is the idiot? mmmkay

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Feb 25 2011, 02:41 PM
Two and a Half Men is NOT funny and has never been. It is "cheap" "stupid viewer" funny...it has no quality what so ever.

And what a prick for doing this to probably theh hundreds of people who work for this show, who now are out of work until production is restarted.
So those who like it are "stupid viewers?" Not sure if that is what you meant but I certainly hope not.

I used to like it more than I do now but I know many very intelligent people who enjoy it. It's like a modernized traditional sitcom. It's a show you tune into once a week just for a laugh. It's not intelligent comedy but not everything has to be. Sometimes you just want to watch something fun and just relax. That is what shows like Two and a Half Men are for. Plus, it has a laugh track and, frankly, I (and I know many others feel the same) despise most of the non-laugh track sitcoms. The only ones I honestly like are 30 Rock, The Middle, and Modern Family and two of those three I like simply because they feel like modernized traditional sitcoms about families in real situations. We need more of that.

Anyway, I wouldn't cancel the show and, frankly, CBS would be stupid to do so. The show is still doing extremely well. It's the #1 comedy most of the time. Moving BBT would wreck their clear plans to develop a Thursday night comedy block. All I would do is get rid of Sheen. I think this is one case where most fans would understand and give the show a chance without him. I wouldn't expect this because it may be rather dark but I would kill Charlie off the show. Allan inherits the house. Then, during the funeral reception, some guy shows up claiming to be Charlie and Allan's long lost brother (find some talented comedic actor to play him) and their mother confirms it to be true. The new brother has no place to go so he moves in with Allan and Jake. They can have it be an adversarial relationship or maybe have the brother be like Allan. That way Allan could draw on his experiences with Charlie to open his brother up a bit and help him loosen up. It would basically put Allan in the situation Charlie was in for all these years as he now has his brother living in his house. Lots of potential there.

sungrey

Hey, it's another half hour without reality TV staring me in the face (and yes, I'll get on my soapbox here and say for every reality show, that's one less chance to see your favorite soap actor or actress on prime time.)

I'm pretty sure Mitch didn't direct that at me. We are getting a bit too snarky on Daytime Royalty on some subjects, but I think Mitch was talking about the show. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I edited the the original comment, which was "stupid american viewer"

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

sungrey
Feb 25 2011, 03:57 PM
Hey, it's another half hour without reality TV staring me in the face (and yes, I'll get on my soapbox here and say for every reality show, that's one less chance to see your favorite soap actor or actress on prime time.)

I'm pretty sure Mitch didn't direct that at me. We are getting a bit too snarky on Daytime Royalty on some subjects, but I think Mitch was talking about the show. It's not everyone's cup of tea.
The snark is one reason why I'm not around much anymore (that and life has kicking my ass lately). I like snark. It can be funny. However, it's sometimes a bit much IMO.

Mitch is one of favorite posters so I don't think he meant it the way it sounded. I just wish people could express their opinions about a show without implying that people who like that show are idiots or people who settle for crap. That happens alot. It's possible to just say a show sucks without bringing those who do watch it into the conversation. Just say you don't like it, don't get why some people do like it, and then move on.

sungrey

Good point. I, for one, can't stand most reality TV, but it doesn't mean I think anyone who watches it is a clown. Hell, some of my best friends watch reality stuff. I just look at it from a point of putting people to work (actors and actresses).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed the snark level rising. I love posting on DR about OLTL, GH and DAYS and I love writing my show at DRTV, but some of the threads are getting to be a bit much. :)

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I think they shouldjust do one more final season with or without Sheen. BBT is renewed through 2014, and they HIMYM and Mike & Molly so CBS will be fine if it leaves the airwaves in 2012.

LPS
Member Avatar

I'll agree that Modern Family is greater quality than Two and a Half Men. I don't know about The Middle. Brick is the only great thing about that show, IMO.

Two and Half Men is the only show that targets and has masculine themes. Almost all shows now are female centered and I like that Two and Half Men is different in that respect. With that being said, I just heard that Two and Half Men is a $ 1 billion asset (including reruns). I don't believe the show is going anywhere.

I think snark is fun. It makes the debates more interesting.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I love every character on The Middle. In fact, I hate Patricia Heaton with a passion but I totally love her on the show.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't get the appeal of this show at all. My family loves it, and when I have seen it, to me, Charlie Sheen was the least funny out of all the cast.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

They should do a spin-off called 'Berta's Place' in which she opens a boarding house

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

I get the "stupid viewer" comment- I don't believe Mitch was necessarily calling the people who watch the show stupid, but rather, the writing, which panders to the lowest common denominator, or "stupid viewer." Much in the same way that the old Adam Sandler movies were written for the "stupid movie-goer." It doesn't or didn't mean that everyone who ends up watching is stupid. Make sense?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sheen wants 3 million per episode now cause of what the says he was put through by the producers,hey,asswhole,what about what you put them and your fellow cast members through.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I'd tell him take a flying leap and write him out of the show. 3 Million an episode? I don't even think the cast of Friends made that much and all 6 of them are better then him.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

CNN is reporting that Sheen's publicist has resigned. I can't say that I blame him.

https://twitter.com/CNNshowbiz/status/42303224069357568

Quote:

Sheen's publicist Stan Rosenfield resigns: ďAt this time, Iím unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully resigned.Ē

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

juniorz1
Feb 28 2011, 03:33 AM
I get the "stupid viewer" comment- I don't believe Mitch was necessarily calling the people who watch the show stupid, but rather, the writing, which panders to the lowest common denominator, or "stupid viewer." Much in the same way that the old Adam Sandler movies were written for the "stupid movie-goer." It doesn't or didn't mean that everyone who ends up watching is stupid. Make sense?

Thank you for explaining what I clearly could not with my original post.

This is what the context of my post was about...the shitty, low standard pandering of the writing....sorry if anyone took it any other way...and sorry I was not able to convey that better originally. I thought the quotation marks around "stupid american viewer" gave away what i was trying to get at.

:smooch: to anyone I unintentionally offended

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 28 2011, 02:51 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just watched Charlie Sheen's GMA interview... Christ almighty, what is wrong with him? "I'm bi-winning, not bi-polar. Can't is the cancer of happen." WTF?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply