Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
38th Daytime Emmy Pre-Nominations
Topic Started: Feb 25 2011, 09:01 AM (7,154 Views)
glfanalways

If these actresses are going to be considered for emmy shouldn't they also be able to deliver on other shows as well, even if their work on thoses shows do not count, they should Atleast be able to sell their character. Arianne has always sold me on any character she plays, no matter the show, she is just a well rounded actor. I can't say the same for Nadia, Maura or even Terri.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

glfanalways
Feb 26 2011, 11:09 PM
If these actresses are going to be considered for emmy shouldn't they also be able to deliver on other shows as well.
Not when they're not being nominated for work on their other shows.

Quote:

Arianne has always sold me on any character she plays, no matter the show, she is just a well rounded actor.

She's only been on one soap.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

WHAT? No Michael Muhney or Chrystal Chappell? I'm sickened I tell ya!!

LPS
Member Avatar

Okay could someone tell me why it is a big deal that Michael Muhney was not nominated. It is not like penguin's are now skating in hell. I never thought he was that good. I always felt he was overrated and he only lasted on the show because he knew whose butt to kiss and how to play with viewers through twitter. Don't get the outrage on that one.

Quote:

If these actresses are going to be considered for emmy shouldn't they also be able to deliver on other shows as well, even if their work on thoses shows do not count, they should Atleast be able to sell their character. Arianne has always sold me on any character she plays, no matter the show, she is just a well rounded actor. I can't say the same for Nadia, Maura or even Terri.

I have noticed that trend, too. (Eden R. and Maura West...they both suck on Y&R). I always thought Nadia sucked in the acting department. I think Terri Conn is doing a decent job on OLTL. She is believable and doing a halfway decent job.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LPS
Feb 27 2011, 01:20 AM
Okay could someone tell me why it is a big deal that Michael Muhney was not nominated.
I don't know, but didn't MM pitch a fit last year on Twitter when he didn't make the pre-nom list? I seem to recall him bitching about how his work isn't valued by his peers but he's "not bitter," etc.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Kenny
Feb 27 2011, 01:28 AM
LPS
Okay could someone tell me why it is a big deal that Michael Muhney was not nominated.
I don't know, but didn't MM pitch a fit last year on Twitter when he didn't make the pre-nom list? I seem to recall him bitching about how his work isn't valued by his peers but he's "not bitter," etc.
There were so many people bitching on Twitter last year about pre-noms....Brett Claywell being one of them. I think MM did, too, but I do not remember.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Yep MM definitely bitched about it last year. I'm sure that didn't help his cause any. I personally don't think he warranted a nomination this year. He didn't do anything that stood out to me and if I'm being totally honest ever since they paired him with SC I haven't much enjoyed her work either. He brought her acting down in my opinion.

I really hate that certain shows seem to think certain actors/actresses deserve the pre-noms every year. It takes away from some really deserving people like MTS on Y&R. Do MS and JC have to nominated every year? We get it, they're good, now how about someone else who's equally if not more deserving getting a chance. I hate the backstage politics that go with the emmys. That's why they're a joke to me.
Edited by Crazygirl, Feb 27 2011, 07:31 AM.

glfanalways

Mason
Feb 26 2011, 11:15 PM
glfanalways
If these actresses are going to be considered for emmy shouldn't they also be able to deliver on other shows as well.

Quote:

Arianne has always sold me on any character she plays, no matter the show, she is just a well rounded actor.

Maybe... Arianne is a great actress, she been on other shows as well. She would rock any role. Now Maura and Terri not so much. it would be awesome if Arianne won this year!
I'm really pulling for these two ATWT : Colleen , Leslie

Days:Kristian, Ari

glfanalways

LPS
Okay could someone tell me why it is a big deal that Michael Muhney was not nominated. It is not like penguin's are now skating in hell. I never thought he was that good. I always felt he was overrated and he only lasted on the show because he knew whose butt to kiss and how to play with viewers through twitter.

Quote:

I think Terri Conn is doing a decent job on OLTL. She is believable and doing a halfway decent job.
Terri C is doing a half decent job my point exactly! She only has had one great scene, where she chewed off Clints head. Big whoop... please!!

Michael M, will never get pre nominated ever. Sucks for him. His not loved by his peers.

In my opinion.

lysie

glfanalways
Feb 27 2011, 07:54 AM
Mason
Feb 26 2011, 11:15 PM
glfanalways

Quote:

Maybe... Arianne is a great actress, she been on other shows as well. She would rock any role. Now Maura and Terri not so much. it would be awesome if Arianne won this year!
I'm really pulling for these two ATWT : Colleen , Leslie

Days:Kristian, Ari
What else has Arianne been in?

Mason

Maura West > Arianne Zucker

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Feb 27 2011, 10:01 AM
Maura West > Arianne Zucker
That this even needed to be typed is an abomination.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I love me some Arianne but Maura is a way better actress. Arianne has grown leaps and bounds but she still has alot of work to because in the same field as Maura. Maura's been meh on Y&R but that show is such a mess that it's hard to judge her acting IMO.

LPS
Member Avatar

I don't know about Maura West. Loved her on ATWT, but she SUCKS on Y&R. I am ranking her right up there with nuMalcolm. Can't judge Arianne. Haven't watched the show in a long time.

Don't get me started on the delusional and split ended Sharon Case. She was great, FIVE years ago. However, she has gotten crappy the last two years. All she does is give the same puppy dog looks and give weird azz facial expression at inappropriate moments. I don't know if MM can take the blame for that one.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Maura's one of the best actresses in daytime. She's just miscast on Y&R.

Capucine
Member Avatar

How many times can Melody Thomas Scott get screwed over by her own fellow actors?! Are these people THAT petty and jealous? MTS had a brilliant year, the ENTIRE year and she gets ignored? And same goes for Eric Braeden. I know a lot of people hate the guy, but overall he did have a very good year as well. This pre-nom, Emmy voting system is terrribly long overdue for a complete overhaul. This is NOT a popularity contest. It is NOT supposed to be a showcase for who can kiss more ass. It is supposed to be for the most talented, the best overall performance of the year. Period. To shaft MTS & EB year after year because people don't like them personally is insane! Where is all the professionalism? Screw the Emmys! I hope MTS & EB have had enough of this crap and don't even bother throwing their names into the ring anymore. What would be the point?!

lene
Member Avatar

Julie Berman didn't have much of a story last year did she? I watch on and off, so i might have missed it. But the only stuff i remember from her is Lulu telling Dante about her abortion. Oh, and the Dante being shot aftermath. Speaking of that, i think DZ was brilliant in those, shame he didn't get a pre-nom.
I definetly think Kimberly Mccullough should have gotten a pre-nom over Julie or NLG.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Feb 27 2011, 07:29 AM
Yep MM definitely bitched about it last year. I'm sure that didn't help his cause any. I personally don't think he warranted a nomination this year. He didn't do anything that stood out to me and if I'm being totally honest ever since they paired him with SC I haven't much enjoyed her work either. He brought her acting down in my opinion.

I really hate that certain shows seem to think certain actors/actresses deserve the pre-noms every year. It takes away from some really deserving people like MTS on Y&R. Do MS and JC have to nominated every year? We get it, they're good, now how about someone else who's equally if not more deserving getting a chance. I hate the backstage politics that go with the emmys. That's why they're a joke to me.
SC used to be my favorite actress on Y&R but her acting has gone downhill. MM didn't do anything to deserve a nomination.

MW has been miscast. MTS should have been nominated.

LPS
Member Avatar

I have one last comment on the Maura West debate. IMO, a great actress is someone who can turn crap into sugar. MW is just turning crap into runny crap. On ATWT, MW got great writing and was the center of the show, but on Y&R that is not the case and she is not delivering. She is still a great actress, but she needs to leave. A case of bad casting.

I feel as if I need praise someone's acting. I say kudos to Susan Haskell. There should be more outrage over her not getting a pre-nomination. I have found her portrayal of crazy Marty to be great! I would have picked her over GT. I would have put FL (OLTL's Tea) over Kassie DePavia. I never really care for KDP. She is a good actress, but not as great as SH or FL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply