Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 2/28-3/4
Topic Started: Feb 26 2011, 12:32 PM (22,705 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

There's nothing special about her blog regarding weight, hair, or anything else that an actress doesnt come up across. I think AS developed an eating disorder on the show when she was young.

I've been to both and prefer her first restaurant way more then Henry's Hat. That place is NOSY. Funny I didnt even write a YELP review.

I think the tone based on these two blogs shows that she's sensitive to criticism. Boy did she pick one of the two worst careers then. When you're dealing with the public, its hard to please and everyone has an opinion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

This part made me go "WTF?"
Quote:

...when computers break in a restaurant, you should only take it out on the server!! Not the business! Not the owner! Just the SERVER! That’s what they’re there for!
I would never take something like that out on the server. I would probably voice my frustrations, just for the sake of giving feedback, but I wouldn't take it out on them like it's their fault.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kenny
Feb 27 2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:

...when computers break in a restaurant, you should only take it out on the server!! Not the business! Not the owner! Just the SERVER! That’s what they’re there for!
I would never take something like that out on the server.
How the fuck did I completely skip over that?!? Um.... yeah... But, no. Seriously, if I were one of HER servers and she gave that kind of attitude to me about guests taking ANYTHING out on me that's not directly my fault, she and I would have serious words and I can assure that those words would end with two very loud ones -- FUCK YOU. If she's got that kind of attitude, she's going to be hard-pressed to find decent servers with any experience because they won't put up with that kind of bullshit for very long.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think it's clear she needs to have thicker skin. I think that was probably her problem at Days. I think she often took things the wrong way (not the hair/weight stuff but maybe advice from cast mates, directors, etc). You can't be that sensitive and do the kind of work she's done in her life.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Well... whatever. She may be the biggest bitch in the world but I still love her as an actress and I wish they would bring her back to the show, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Feb 27 2011, 01:14 AM
Well... whatever.

She may be the biggest bitch in the world but I still love her as an actress and I wish they would bring her back to the show, LoL.
Same here LOL.

It wouldn't be the first time Days hired back someone that was a diva :laugh: .

Kenny
Member Avatar

If she's that desperate for positive feedback she must've loved it when I blew up the phone lines at NBC/Sony/Corday Productions to protest her firing. At first I thought it was simple gratitude when she gave me that shout out on her board but now I see it went deeper than that, LoL. The girl really cares what other people think.

I still love her though. :P

And I still think it's shitty that the producers confronted her about gaining too much weight. Pssh!

OliveAnn

Kenny
Feb 27 2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:

I would never take something like that out on the server. I would probably voice my frustrations, just for the sake of giving feedback, but I wouldn't take it out on them like it's their fault.
I think she was referring to a computer server. It is possible.

About the blog that started this mess: It shows that TPTB focus on the wrong problems. They should focus on why certain people look like blow-up dolls, why the casting director has been making some poor choices lately, why characters people actually care about are not featured whereas less popular ones are, why the writing sucks, why the sets and clothes look horrible and a whole bunch of other things. Instead, they focus on her appearance, hair in particular? One of the reasons why I loved MM is because she looked like a real person and was believable to me. Did I think she was too old when she first appeared? Yes, I'll admit that much. But, you should never judge a book by its cover (which is why you all should give Kate Mansi a chance, BTW). Martha's appearance helped me buy Belle as a wife and mother, something I never could if KS were still in the role.

BTW, Martha isn't the only one who breached the "no hair cuts unless storyline dictated" rule. There are others; which proves that the hair department is another issue.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Martha's version of Belle wasn't in her early 20's the entire time she played the character, because the character group she was in had that high school reunion at one point. I don't think schools have 3 year reunions. I remember there was a debate on if it was a 5 year or 10 year reunion though and some people posted that they had heard of 5 year reunions before.

I liked her version of Belle a whole lot more then I ever did KS's and I may be one of the few who never thought she looked that much older then Nadia, Kyle, Jay or Farrah. All the makeup that FF's Mimi wore most of the time made her look older so to me I didn't see a huge difference between MM and FF's looking older then one another. As for MM looking older then Jason Cook, a lot of people in that age group looked older then JC at the time because he had a baby face. He looks older and more manly looking now but back then compared to everyone else he and KS both looked like they should have been back in high school compared to everyone else.

jane1978

As someone who loved original Shelle I think MM was terribly miscast. Up until that point the teen scene was still funny and carefree, with the recast they immediatelly aged everyone and it turned ugly serious with people constantly wanting to get married, have families and get pregnant, stuff I can´t honestly imagine the show would write for Belle if KS was still playing the part. The dynamic couldn´t be more different.

That said, I absolutely LOVED MM and JKJ together and they could do big things for the show. Never before and after this decade there was a couple with so much chemistry and the conflict could be huge with Belle overgrowing Shawn and choosing Kiriakis instead. Alas, Ken Corday loved his Shelle and he paid the praise because the bleeding in 18-34 and 18-49 demos was massive and it never went back.

As for the weight cryticism it had to be Stephen Wyman. I think I read many times he was really unpleasant to work with and he loved to show actors who is in the power.

lysie
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Feb 27 2011, 03:21 AM
Martha's version of Belle wasn't in her early 20's the entire time she played the character, because the character group she was in had that high school reunion at one point. I don't think schools have 3 year reunions. I remember there was a debate on if it was a 5 year or 10 year reunion though and some people posted that they had heard of 5 year reunions before.

I liked her version of Belle a whole lot more then I ever did KS's and I may be one of the few who never thought she looked that much older then Nadia, Kyle, Jay or Farrah. All the makeup that FF's Mimi wore most of the time made her look older so to me I didn't see a huge difference between MM and FF's looking older then one another. As for MM looking older then Jason Cook, a lot of people in that age group looked older then JC at the time because he had a baby face. He looks older and more manly looking now but back then compared to everyone else he and KS both looked like they should have been back in high school compared to everyone else.
When it aired someone from the show definitely called it a five year reunion. Now, they may meant that it had been five years for those people who returned. But that was toward the end of her run and before that any reference to her age still had her really young. Another problem with her age was how she looked compared to Brady and Sami. Speaking of, I always thought she would have made a good Sami recast.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I miss Jack! Damn! Bring the guy back already. I want my J&J to have a story and in retrospect, I'm okay with Dan falling for her because I want Jack to kick the living daylights out of him.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

jane1978
Feb 27 2011, 05:52 AM
That said, I absolutely LOVED MM and JKJ together and they could do big things for the show. Never before and after this decade there was a couple with so much chemistry and the conflict could be huge with Belle overgrowing Shawn and choosing Kiriakis instead. Alas, Ken Corday loved his Shelle and he paid the praise because the bleeding in 18-34 and 18-49 demos was massive and it never went back.

This! Belle & Phillip could have been such a great couple and driven alot of great stories. Shawn & Chloe also had tons of potential but alas the stupid powers to be pulled the plug on what was the best storyline on the show at the time.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Martha Madison was extremely overrated. Whenever she was supposed to cry she went into hysteria mode. It's been three years since she was fired and she's whining now, get over it. I'm glad the overacting bitch is off the show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 27 2011, 12:57 PM
Belle & Phillip could have been such a great couple and driven alot of great stories. Shawn & Chloe also had tons of potential but alas the stupid powers to be pulled the plug on what was the best storyline on the show at the time.
There was so much potential with the Shawn/Belle/Phillip/Chloe quad. Nadia Bjorlin explained where that story was supposed to go in an interview with TVGC last month.
Quote:

They called me with a really great story, which was grown-up Chloe, and that’s how I was lured back in. They wanted to bring Chloe back a under completely different circumstance which was very interesting to me. She was more worldly, sophisticated, and had learned a lot. I was looking forward to playing Chloe a little bitchier, which was the original plan.

The storyline they pitched was: something happened to Brady and she came back to town to ask Philip for help and it was supposed to be a love quadrangle between Shawn, Philip, Belle and Chloe. Philip was going to blackmail Chloe into sleeping with Shawn so he could have Belle to himself.
So, basically, instead of the lame rehab excuse for Brady's disappearance (which I hated), he was supposed to be dead (or something equally as awful) and Chloe was the cause of it. Maybe she killed him herself like Hogan's team originally hinted at when Chloe first returned to Salem. Phillip would discover the truth and blackmail her into fucking Shawn so he could have Belle to himself. So juicy.

Unfortunately, Higley came in and ruined all of it. She brought Brady back with Eric Martsolf in the role and gave the lame rehab excuse for his disappearance... then she wrote Shawn and Belle out for no reason at all and brought in Dr. Boner to fill the void left by them (I guess she thought Chelsea and Daniel would really catch on?)... and did Chloe have anything to do for the remainder of 2008? She floundered around aimlessly from what I recall. And what about Phillip? Did he flounder too? I'm sure he did.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I have never and will never understand the firing of Martha (and Brandon for that matter). For years, the show shaped Belle up to be the future "Marlena" of the show. The character was literally front and center for her entire run on the show, It made NO sense at all. And even all this time after their exit, I still think that the show is missing something that left with such great actors with such great story potential.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Chloe would have been a great bitch. I would have liked to see them explore a darker Belle as well. I think Martha could have made a good villain as well. And since Belle does have DiMera blood she would have to turn evil for a short time at least.

I would have loved to see Kristen return one day and guide Belle into the DiMera side of the family. What better way to get revenge on John & Marlena by corrupting their good saintly daughter.
Edited by darraholic, Feb 27 2011, 01:43 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I hated Shelle both versions. There was a time where thats all that DAYS wrote for and just got sick of them everywhere. I saw potential in Phil and Shelle, but knew that Shawn-DUH would win out, so never really invested in that pairing.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 26 2011, 11:29 PM
Kirsten was a terrible actress and I threw a party when she left. She stunk up the show for years. Martha was a huge upgrade, IMO. No, she didn't have chemistry with Jason Cook but why was that the most important factor? Why was "Shelle" the be-all, end-all of the universe? Because Ken Corday said so? Because he spent so many years hyping them as the next big supercouple that he would rather them be written out altogether than be played by "fakes?" In that case, where was he when Stephanie Cameron and Steve Wilder were cast as Jack and Jennifer?
1. Shawn and Belle were written off because more and more viewers wanted Belle with Philip (something Corday could not accept), not because Shawn and Belle were played by new bad actors.

2. Martha Madison was on the show for almost four years, Brandon Beemer one and a half. Stephanie Cameron was on the show two and a half years, Steve Wilder less than one.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 27 2011, 01:35 PM
darraholic
Feb 27 2011, 12:57 PM
Belle & Phillip could have been such a great couple and driven alot of great stories. Shawn & Chloe also had tons of potential but alas the stupid powers to be pulled the plug on what was the best storyline on the show at the time.
There was so much potential with the Shawn/Belle/Phillip/Chloe quad. Nadia Bjorlin explained where that story was supposed to go in an interview with TVGC last month.
Quote:

They called me with a really great story, which was grown-up Chloe, and that’s how I was lured back in. They wanted to bring Chloe back a under completely different circumstance which was very interesting to me. She was more worldly, sophisticated, and had learned a lot. I was looking forward to playing Chloe a little bitchier, which was the original plan.

The storyline they pitched was: something happened to Brady and she came back to town to ask Philip for help and it was supposed to be a love quadrangle between Shawn, Philip, Belle and Chloe. Philip was going to blackmail Chloe into sleeping with Shawn so he could have Belle to himself.
So, basically, instead of the lame rehab excuse for Brady's disappearance (which I hated), he was supposed to be dead (or something equally as awful) and Chloe was the cause of it. Maybe she killed him herself like Hogan's team originally hinted at when Chloe first returned to Salem. Phillip would discover the truth and blackmail her into fucking Shawn so he could have Belle to himself. So juicy.

Unfortunately, Higley came in and ruined all of it. She brought Brady back with Eric Martsolf in the role and gave the lame rehab excuse for his disappearance... then she wrote Shawn and Belle out for no reason at all and brought in Dr. Boner to fill the void left by them (I guess she thought Chelsea and Daniel would really catch on?)... and did Chloe have anything to do for the remainder of 2008? She floundered around aimlessly from what I recall. And what about Phillip? Did he flounder too? I'm sure he did.
I didn't think Philip and Chloe floundered. They had them starting to get back together, falling in love with one another, doing the whole friends with benefits deal. When they floundered was when somebody in charge decided to make Morgan front and center (and apparently against Higley's wishes), which made Philip suddenly going after Morgan and Chloe banging Lucas in an elevator. Higley regained control, got Ed Scott and Kristen Renton fired, Philip admitted he was in love with Chloe and then...they didn't speak for over a year once Tomlin and Whitesell came on board. Philip was suddenly put with Stephanie and Chloe was having an affair with Daniel.

I wouldn't have minded the quad if I knew Philip and Chloe would end up falling for each other again (which would have been very soapy - to have them plotting together to break another couple up but falling for each other in the meantime).

I don't miss MM. I know lots loved her, and she was leaps and bounds superior to Charity Rahmer, but I've never been much of a Belle fan.

Edited by Sariah, Feb 27 2011, 02:42 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply