Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 83rd Annual Academy Awards; 8:30PM/ET on ABC
Topic Started: Feb 27 2011, 01:01 PM (10,368 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Red carpet coverage begins at 6PM on E! and 7PM on ABC.

The ceremony begins at 8:30PM on ABC.

Click the tab below for the list of nominees.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks. 6 PM it is! Not that excited for the Awards this year, but as a movie buff, it would be unfounded for me not to watch.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'd love a total upset and see Toy Story 3 win Best Picture. I've seen The Fighter, Inception, Toy Story 3, Black Swan & The Social Network. I'd rank them:
1. Toy Story 3
2. Black Swan
3. The Social Network
4. The Fighter (I didn't care for Bale or Leo. I wish Adams would win Supporting.)
5. Inception (Hated it.)

I have 127 Hours and plan on watching it this afternoon.
Edited by darraholic, Feb 27 2011, 01:18 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I like Leo from Treme, plus she used to be on All My Children! I want an upset in the supporting actor category though.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I did enjoy Leo in Frozen River but her character in The Fighter annoyed the hell out of me. Amy's performance was better IMO and I'm not a huge Amy Adams fan.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm just happy Anne Hathaway isn't nominated for anything. It's going to be torture watching her host.
Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I am watching mainly to see James Franco host!! :) :wub: I hope him & Anne Hathaway are given host material NOTHING like Ricky Gervais. I highly doubt they will, anyone hear yesterday how Franco said Gervais 'BOMBED' at the Golden Globes?? LOL. I think him & Hathaway will do a great job...

darraholic
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8494473&t=8464487

I have 127 Hours and plan on watching it this afternoon.

It is a gripping movie, I absolutely loved it. Be prepared for that arm scene...lol.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Is anyone watching the red carpet special?

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 27 2011, 06:08 PM
Is anyone watching the red carpet special?
I am watching the coverage on E!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am watching it too.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Jiuliana Rancic looks like crap. She is too thin. I am tired of seeing Kelly Osbourne everywhere.

lysie
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 27 2011, 06:33 PM
Jiuliana Rancic looks like crap. She is too thin. I am tired of seeing Kelly Osbourne everywhere.
I agree, and neither one should be critiquing anyone's fashion.

I feel like not only have the interviewers gotten worse, the stars have gotten worse at doing interviews. They give the lamest most standard answers.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I get the impression that some of them do not want to talk to Ryan Seacrest, so they don't say much.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, Amy Adams. Your hair looks like mine when I don't finish straightening it (or you know...like it does now). This is not a good thing.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

Angie79
Feb 27 2011, 06:37 PM
I get the impression that some of them do not want to talk to Ryan Seacrest, so they don't say much.
It's hard to blame them for that, but maybe they could try not stopping instead of forcing us to watch such awkward interviews.

Why are Giuliana and Kelly making a big deal about her saying "boobs"?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

lysie
Feb 27 2011, 06:39 PM
Angie79
It's hard to blame them for that, but maybe they could try not stopping instead of forcing us to watch such awkward interviews.

Why are Giuliana and Kelly making a big deal about her saying "boobs"?
I remember when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie did just that and ignored him. He had to feel stupid.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

darraholic
Feb 27 2011, 01:20 PM
I did enjoy Leo in Frozen River but her character in The Fighter annoyed the hell out of me. Amy's performance was better IMO and I'm not a huge Amy Adams fan.
I disagree. I think she did her job if she annoyed you, and Adams role as the bitchy girlfriend could have been played by anyone.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Angie79
Ryan doesn't seem that interested in talking to the celebs either. He only seems interested in promoting himself and acting like he knows everything/everyone.

lysie
Member Avatar

Did anyone else see "The Kids Are Alright"? I didn't think Mark Ruffalo was good. He actually reminded me of a certain soap actor....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply