Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Christina Aguilera joins NBC's 'The Voice' as third judge; Joins Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine
Topic Started: Mar 2 2011, 04:24 PM (277 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Christina Aguilera joins NBC's 'The Voice'
by James Hibberd

Christina Aguilera is coming to NBC.

The five-time Grammy winner has signed on as a coach/judge on Mark Burnett’s singing competition series The Voice.

Celebrity singers fill three spots on the judging panel so far, with Xtina joining Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine. Aguilera was first reported as being in talks for the show in an EW exclusive posted last week.

“I am so excited to be part of such a wonderful project that celebrates music and the talent behind it,” Aguilera said in a statement. “To be given the opportunity to help shape new artists’ careers and mentor them to see their dreams come to fruition is a task I welcome with open arms.mI am so happy to be working with fellow Grammy Award winners Adam and Cee Lo as I feel there is so much we can all bring to The Voice.”
Though launching any music competition series at the same time Fox’s American Idol is on the air remains perilous, the lineup gives NBC some heavy-hitting star power behind its show — and adds to Burnett’s impressive roster of reality casting coups. (Anybody who can sign Sarah Palin and Christina Aguilera for reality shows is a casting wizard.)

“When I decided to produce The Voice, I immediately knew that my first choice for a female coach had to be Christina Aguilera,” Burnett said. “Christina has a perfect voice and is an undeniable force in the music business. She is the epitome of The Voice.”

That Aguilera has been all over the news lately — and not for her singing — doesn’t exactly hurt the show’s prospects either. Aguilera’s recent detainment for public drunkenness, stumbling onstage at the Grammys, and botching the National Anthem at the Super Bowl is the kind of unpredictability that makes for must-watch reality TV (see: Paula Abdul on American Idol).

The Voice premieres on Tuesday, April 26.

Entertainment Weekly
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lumi_are_true_love

Is this the same show that was orginally the sing off and if so did comcast NBC change it to The Voice and if so it looks like we have a new look and new judges looking for the next singing star. If not and they still have the sing off I think its cool they have too singing shows on NBC. I was just curious if they changed the sing off to The Voice or curious if they will have both the sing off and The Voice for the shows they air on NBC. I look forward to checking out the show when it airs in April.
Edited by Lumi_are_true_love, Mar 7 2011, 08:53 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

This is a brand new show. It's kind of like American Idol except they have a vocal coach to help them each week. :)

Lumi_are_true_love

Thats awesome I'm glad they have another American Idol like show out their and its great to have two singing shows The Voice this spring and maybe this fall the sing off will return once more. Thank you so for letting me know for I truly appreciate it. I can't wait to see this show and can't wait for the sing off to return as well. I hope they have Christina Aguilera be the head judge as for the other judges I'm not sure who they are and are not as familar with them as I am Christina Aguilera. I am truly excited to check out this new series when it airs.

Natalia
Member Avatar

We had this show in The Netherlands and it isn't much different then other shows like Idols etc.It's a John De Mol show so as usual it is crap.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply