Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD online interview with Eric Martsolf
Topic Started: Mar 4 2011, 12:58 PM (2,305 Views)
Ellie

http://soapoperadigest.com/features/days-of-our-lives/features/brady_blacks_dark_heart/

Brady Black's Dark Heart
By Robert Waldron

Eric Martsolf is having a great time playing Brady Black's darker side. He gives the DAYS OF OUR LIVES writing staff high praise for expanding the characterization and revealing new layers. "Sometimes, it is the responsibility of the actor to show some sides and depth that maybe the writers in any other way wouldn't get a chance to see and to observe," he notes. "It's a difficult [job]. I can't imagine being a writer and having to juggle that many stories with so many actors."

Fans have written Martsolf expressing an enthusiastic thumbs-up regarding Brady's dark side. "Not just fans," Martsolf adds. "[Executive producer] Ken Corday and [co-executive producer] Gary Tomlin have come up to me and said, 'We really like the changes that you've made to this character.' Brady is almost more likable as this strong, evil character than he's ever been, in the sense that it's a little more complex."

Brady is creating new enemies, including his grandfather Victor Kiriakis. "Brady has pretty much proven to his grandfather that he doesn't need to have his hand held anymore," shares Martsolf. Brady has also stood up to his rival in love, EJ DiMera. "It's a preoccupation right now," Martsolf points out. "Brady's simply following in his father, John Black's, footsteps. Contempt for the DiMeras has always been an ongoing issue for them. It just seems natural that Brady would go against EJ. They're two totally different men, although recently, there are a lot more similarities between them than ever before!"

Brady has also become less concerned with winning the approval of others. "Other people's feelings about what Brady is doing are the least of his priorities," Martsolf asserts. "Brady's doing what makes him happy."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I've definitely enjoyed Brady more with an edge...but here's hoping they'll continue to explore that and develop it in to more of a story for him. As it is now, it's pretty easy to forget that Brady is on the canvas.

Thanks for posting, Ellie. :)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Brady is :wub:

I just wonder what they 'truly' have planned for him.

lysie
Member Avatar

Brady has a father?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2011, 01:23 PM
Brady has a father?
Psst.

I think it might be the guy in your avi.

Not sure......just a guess.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Isn't it funny that Brady hates the Dimeras, but he's one of them.....you see this is the reason that I can't get over how incredible stupid making John Black a Dimera was.....FAILURE.

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
Mar 4 2011, 01:24 PM
lysie
Brady has a father?
Psst.

You mean the man in my avatar was associated with this show? Surely you jest.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 4 2011, 01:27 PM
Isn't it funny that Brady hates the Dimeras, but he's one of them.....you see this is the reason that I can't get over how incredible stupid making John Black a Dimera was.....FAILURE.
I don't know, RoboJohn had his moments.

I loved when he, Marlena, EJ, and Sami all lived in the mansion.

Sure, I think the story could've played out a whole lot better. First off, they should've never wrote him & Marlena off, and the way they did it was unforgivable. But I think it could've been really interesting to have John eventually get his memory back and have to deal with being Stefano Dimera's brother.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

JANALH
Mar 4 2011, 01:36 PM
LuvingLumi

Sure, I think the story could've played out a whole lot better. First off, they should've never wrote him & Marlena off, and the way they did it was unforgivable. But I think it could've been really interesting to have John eventually get his memory back and have to deal with being Stefano Dimera's brother.
That would be the only thing that WOULD have made it worthwhile, but since it never happened and TPTB are even reluctant to even mention Brady's father on air, IMHO it was all for NOTHING. Waste of time if you ask me.

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
LuvingLumi

I don't think it would make a difference. He'd already gone through thinking he was Stefano's and Tony's brother. Making him a DiMera just wasn't that big if a deal, IMO. Being related/connected to the DiMeras was nothing new for the Blacks.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 4 2011, 01:39 PM
JANALH
LuvingLumi

That would be the only thing that WOULD have made it worthwhile, but since it never happened and TPTB are even reluctant to even mention Brady's father on air, IMHO it was all for NOTHING. Waste of time if you ask me.
But honestly, what storyline under Dena's pen hasn't ended up being a big waste of time?

lysie
Member Avatar

Ahem...Stefano's son.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2011, 01:34 PM
JANALH
lysie
Brady has a father?
Psst.

No jest, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm thinking the lady in your avi may have had a small bit role on the show too.

I could be wrong about that.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Mar 4 2011, 01:40 PM
Ahem...Stefano's son.
was that Dena's pen?

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 4 2011, 01:42 PM
lysie
Mar 4 2011, 01:40 PM
Ahem...Stefano's son.
was that Dena's pen?
No because it was at Christmas when he confirmed that he wasn't his son. And Dena didn't write at Christmas....right?

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
Mar 4 2011, 01:41 PM
lysie
JANALH
lysie
Brady has a father?
Psst.

No jest, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm thinking the lady in your avi may have had a small bit role on the show too.

Now I know you're joking.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
JANALH
lysie
Brady has a father?
Psst.

I've always assumed the woman is Lysie...and the man is her Prince Charming. :wub:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

wasn't she a scab at that time? ...I lose track of when she started scabbing...lmfao when did the writers strike start? Wasn't it that fall? so maybe.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 4 2011, 01:48 PM
wasn't she a scab at that time? ...I lose track of when she started scabbing...lmfao when did the writers strike start? Wasn't it that fall? so maybe.
Oh. I was talking about years before when he thought he was Stefano's son. Being Santo's son was during the strike so presumably it was a Higley writing with Sheffer's outline. Maybe. Or AS wrote it, lol.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 4 2011, 01:45 PM
JANALH
Mar 4 2011, 01:41 PM
lysie
JANALH

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Now I know you're joking.
Nu-uh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply