Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Feb 28 - Mar 4; New Lows for AMC/OLTL/Y&R
Topic Started: Mar 11 2011, 12:48 PM (2,659 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

I love how people use the argument "Lane is so popular. Their fans just don't post because people hate them on this board." That is the same junk typed on DC and SOC. I have yet to see a large number of these so called fans.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

kelly777
Mar 12 2011, 08:21 PM
Skatergirl_19
Mar 11 2011, 10:24 PM
lastDays
Mar 11 2011, 02:21 PM
None of those soaps are doing well.Surprised Days only dropped from 2.0 the previous week to 1.9 It really sucks right now
I am enjoying Days a lot more than last year at this time so its good for me.
I know people who are not Lane fans that stopped watching because they killed him off. No reason to do it. Just like Colleen--there was no reason to do it. :shithitfan: :shithitfan:
Who is Lane? Sorry I don't remember any couple or character with that name.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Cane and Lily from Y&R.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

OLTL started sweeps with a bang but then went off in these really strange directions since after the wedding blow up. I was totally hooked but now I couldn't be less interested. They blew it. The show is very P-U right now and episodes are piling up in my DVR. Not surprised the ratings are down... thought they finally got it but couldn't be more clear they just don't.

Darci

LPS
Mar 13 2011, 09:25 PM
I love how people use the argument "Lane is so popular. Their fans just don't post because people hate them on this board." That is the same junk typed on DC and SOC. I have yet to see a large number of these so called fans.
You are seeing them in the polls and in the ratings. Messageboards aren't the only place fans show themselves.

LPS
Member Avatar

Before Cane was shot, Lane was awarded most boring in a poll. Polls are easily manipulated. And there is no proof of causation that Cane is the reason for a ratings decrease.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Y&R's ratings suck because it's the worst soap on the air not because of Cane & Lily, Adam/Sharon or any other couple that a fanbase tries to spin their way. Did Y&R's rating skyrocket to first because of Cane and Lily? NO. I could maybe see your point if Y&R was on a creative high and the ratings were still dropping.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Cane and Lily have been named Favorite couple in SOD over 90 weeks in a row, I know because I keep track of that.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

And that has nothing to do with the ratings.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Mar 14 2011, 02:13 PM
It has a lot do to with having no life though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

rknudson78
Mar 14 2011, 01:57 PM
Cane and Lily have been named Favorite couple in SOD over 90 weeks in a row, I know because I keep track of that.
Well so has Safe and they are one of the most hated pairings on the boards.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I've said it before and I will say it again...couples, fanbases, returns, etc have no impact on ratings. NONE. They used to but those days are gone.

Once in awhile, stories can make an impact but weather and holidays play more of a role now than anything else.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Amello
Mar 14 2011, 02:19 PM
darraholic
Mar 14 2011, 02:13 PM
It has a lot do to with having no life though.
Whew! You were scaring me there for awhile with the "Little Mary Sunshine" attitude! I was worried that someone dropped 'happy pills' in your apple juice! Nice to know you're still the same sassy little punk that I've always loved! ;)

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

And I'm inching out of the closet as a "Lane" fan now that they're history! One of the "silent majority"! Look around you! We're everywhere! LANE 4 EVAH!!

Darci

See what I mean about people who don't like Lane completely dismissing, ignoring or trying to explain away evidence of Lane's popularity? The polls, the ratings, people in the soap press and even MAB herself say Lane is very popular but they're not popular on this messageboard so all the other evidence of their popularity is dismissed. Now messageboards are the only measure of popularity that count?

I agree that the show sucks right now. But the show has sucked for months and months if not years, yet the ratings were fine and even increasing. It was only after they killed Cane that the ratings started dropping precipitously. Why is that? If people were gonna tune out because of Shadam or Victor/Newman overload or crappy writing, they would have tuned out months ago and the decline would have been more gradual, kind of like how AMC's ratings loss has been gradual.

Anyway, i know I'm not gonna convince anyone here so I'll just go back to lurking.
Edited by Darci, Mar 15 2011, 08:08 AM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I have no idea why Y&R is the highest rated soap anyway. Now, back in the day when Bill Bell was still alive and writing the show, it was definitely must see TV. The characters were stylish, the storylines were riveting, and I was watching everyday.
But, unfortunately the tide has turned in recent years. The show is full of crappy characters and less than stellar storytelling. Now fans are bomblasted with loads of Sharon/Adam, a desecrated Winters family, a cartoonish villain in Victor Newman, a pale imitation of a May/December romance with Nikki/Deacon, etc. I could go on and on why Y&R doesn't deserve the number one spot. And more than that, I think their time slot gives them a slight advantage over the rest. In my time zone, no other show airs when Y&R is on. Before all the other shows like GL/ATWT started dropping like flies, they were competing against other shows that aired in their time slot. For example, DAYS/OLTL/ATWT were all competing for fans during the same hour. So, the pressure was on and is still on for DAYS/OLTL. What does Y&R really compete against, the local news? Not too much competition. I'm willing to bet that if Y&R aired when another soap like GH was on, it would be an entirely different story for them.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Darci
Mar 15 2011, 08:07 AM
See what I mean about people who don't like Lane completely dismissing, ignoring or trying to explain away evidence of Lane's popularity? The polls, the ratings, people in the soap press and even MAB herself say Lane is very popular but they're not popular on this messageboard so all the other evidence of their popularity is dismissed. Now messageboards are the only measure of popularity that count?

I agree that the show sucks right now. But the show has sucked for months and months if not years, yet the ratings were fine and even increasing. It was only after they killed Cane that the ratings started dropping precipitously. Why is that? If people were gonna tune out because of Shadam or Victor/Newman overload or crappy writing, they would have tuned out months ago and the decline would have been more gradual, kind of like how AMC's ratings loss has been gradual.

Anyway, i know I'm not gonna convince anyone here so I'll just go back to lurking.
Don't lurk! Keep posting! I've been trying to tell these kids that I'm a young, vital man and they don't believe me! I keep posting anyway! Now, where did I leave that walker? :drunk:

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Umm Tim I do agree to a point but I know the ratings skyrocket when Abe & Sami share scenes. The Sabe fanbase is HUGE. If only the writers saw the chemistry between Alison & James the show would be #1.

LPS
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 15 2011, 08:03 AM
And I'm inching out of the closet as a "Lane" fan now that they're history! One of the "silent majority"! Look around you! We're everywhere! LANE 4 EVAH!!
Please go back in the closet! I use to love your posts. lol. j/k

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic
Mar 15 2011, 12:00 PM
Umm Tim I do agree to a point but I know the ratings skyrocket when Abe & Sami share scenes. The Sabe fanbase is HUGE. If only the writers saw the chemistry between Alison & James the show would be #1.
:lol:

You know, your right? Days is totally missing the boat there. They need a better research team.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply