Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion 3/14-3/18
Topic Started: Mar 12 2011, 10:28 PM (21,033 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives

Weekly Discussion

Week of 3/14

Picture
Posted Image
Clip

Discuss. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

Aw, Lysie!! One of my favorites of Days past. That summer/fall of 1985 was sooooo magical!!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I so miss the days of location shoots and musical montages. I remember thinking Chris and Savannah were pretty hot back then.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Damn, I had such a crush on him.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I thought Chris and Savannah were great, too. It's hard to wrap my head around how much I liked him as Chris - and hate him as Roman.

Thanks, Lysie!

Vicky4Mimi

I don't hate Chris as Roman..but time hasn't been kind to him at all.

I use to ONLY think of Charles S. as Kim's Shane, but I have watched so much of the Nanny that now he is only Fran's man Max!

Thanks Lysie

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Oh the memories! Days used to be so lush and had such great stories. Now we get bare bones and stories that most people roll their eyes about. No location shots, not even in the side yard of the studio, only using three or four sets for weeks on end and rich EJ DiMera wearing one lousy suit for months is really wearing me down. I won't even mention the abominable writing. That is a hallmark of Dena's Days.

I am convinced that even on a budget Days does not have to be so much less than it used to be. Creativity is so much more than cutting costs.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Roman Kostlecheck and Savannah Tweed-Simmons. :wub:

Hmm...wonder if Genie has seen these??

And, can't forget Kim and Mr. Sheffield.... :P

Edited by SoapGal1, Mar 14 2011, 11:36 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

By the way Melanie acts and the way that everyone wants to treat her, you'd think that her dead fetus had manually clawed its way out of her uterus.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ I know. If that's how it is on soaps, no wonder Nicole went insane. She had nobody to tuck her in, and pat her hair, and tell her how strong she is or how wonderful she is or give her a lovie and rock her to sleep.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

It's weird seeing Don Swayze on Days because of how similar he looks to his brother Patrick. After googling I found out he also had a bit part on the show in 1984. He played someone named Rip.

Hopefully Dario will escape the pawn shop set soon.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ahhh...so that really IS Patrick Swayze's brother? I mean...the resemblance is unmistakable...but it's nice to have the confirmation.

Thanks, Miss Rhi!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Alligato
Mar 14 2011, 12:13 PM
^ I know. If that's how it is on soaps, no wonder Nicole went insane. She had nobody to tuck her in, and pat her hair, and tell her how strong she is or how wonderful she is or give her a lovie and rock her to sleep.
It's taking Melanie longer to recover from this miscarriage than it took EJ to recover from being shot in the head and Jennifer to recover from having her heart cut out.

Beth
Member Avatar

I think Don Swayze is a very rough looking guy. He definitely didn't get the good looks.
Dario hasn't been anything to write home about so far. I'm not real excited about the actor, the acting or the character.
The new Abby is doing a great job IMO and I like her so far.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jana, you will be happy to know I have another friggin' snow day today. If I'm awake, I might try my hand at a play by play today. If I can stay awake.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Oh look Dario and his funny eye have made it onto the pier. He's one person I could believe had a glass eye if the show made it so.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I'm watching today and I can't believe the show is only half-way over. It seems like it's been on for hours already.

I like Kinsey better than Gabi. Press charges, Kinsey. Don't let the commish talk you out of it.

R2 is on to something. Johnny has one eye, seems small for his age and is a DiMera - he may need to learn to throw a punch.

I wish people would start agreeing with Melanie when she talks about how much she sucks. That would be much more entertaining.

Apparently, R2 doesn't like hugging McCarthy as much as Stephanie.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 14 2011, 12:42 PM
I'm watching today and I can't believe the show is only half-way over. It seems like it's been on for hours already.

A day full of Safe, Melame and Wabi will do that. At least Bo was on and had a couple entertaining scenes.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

R2 is cracking me up today. When he's not trying to have sex with Sami, he's pretty entertaining.

LMAO that Johnny loves R2.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 14 2011, 12:30 PM
Jana, you will be happy to know I have another friggin' snow day today. If I'm awake, I might try my hand at a play by play today. If I can stay awake.
Yeah, between the sucky show and daylight savings time, I'm not sure if I've got it in me either....but the idea of you doing a play by play may be enough to keep the ole eyelids open!!

Snow day?? Wowser. It was 74 here this weekend. But hey, I'm just glad you're around here today. :smooch:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply