Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC The Soapgeist: March 14, 2011
Topic Started: Mar 14 2011, 05:41 PM (1,078 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/110314_soapgeist_NB.htm
Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Thanks. Anyone have guesses on the blind items?

Which actor was fired because he was gaining weight and because of his cocky attitude around the set and not because of the story direction of his character?

Which Y&R actor was recast with his predecessor?

Which B-level actress has been fired?

For #2 - Recent recasted male characters are Noah, Tucker, Adam, and Malcolm. I'm guessing its Noah since I can't see any of the other actors coming back, and they barely used the new Noah.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

The actor gaining weight -- Brian Kerwin?

Kenny
Member Avatar

six
Mar 14 2011, 06:34 PM
Which actor was fired because he was gaining weight and because of his cocky attitude around the set and not because of the story direction of his character?
Strange as it sounds, I say Mark Hapka. I was watching Days the other day and I noticed that his ass looked extra fat in the jeans they had him in, LoL. (It was during the Maggie/Nathan scene at the pub when Nathan walked away in a huff.)

Plus, we all know he's a cocky little shit.

Also, if they got on Martha Madison for her weight I can easily see them having an issue with one of their main hunks having a fat ass. TPTB at Days seem to be very conscious of the physical appearance of their actors. Remember how Bryan Dattilo went crazy lifting weights to buff up in hopes of getting his job back after they fired him for not being leading man material even though TPTB claimed they just wanted to "give the character a rest?"

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

^^I pegged Mark Hapka for that one too, especially since "story direction of his character" was specifically mentioned in numerous articles about his dismissal.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Quote:

I would say Tyler Christopher from GH but I haven't heard anything about him being fired. Yet.

Quote:

I'm going with Noah. I hope it's true because I liked Kevin Schmidt in the role a lot.

LPS
Member Avatar

six
Mar 14 2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks. Anyone have guesses on the blind items?

Which B-level actress has been fired?
1. Mark Hapka
2. Mac, Heather (please get rid of ER), or Noah
3. Eden Reigel? Farah Fath (that would be a gift)!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Crazygirl
Mar 14 2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:

I'm going with Noah. I hope it's true because I liked Kevin Schmidt in the role a lot.
Same here. I haven't watched since last year but when I was still watching I couldn't get into nuNoah at all.

blueskies
Member Avatar

B-level actress? well, we all know DOOL doesn't have many ppl left so I doubt it's them.

:lol: i can see that Mark Hapka thing. I know some who are devastated at his firing, but i'm most definitely not one of them; he is a cocky little thing, isn't he though?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jdawg1077

Agreed that the 1st blind item is Mark Hapka. I've read in articles that he used to be heavy before getting into shape, so he might just have the body type that more easily puts on weight. He's still gorgeous and talented, though. But he clearly has an attitude. Anyone who follows his twitter account knows that he is holding quite the grudge against the Days writers, as he regularly retweets his fans' disparaging comments on the show's writing. That sort of unprofessional nature would seem to align with an attitude. And finally, there is no way Nathan's exit is story-dictated. Judging by the past few episodes, it sounds like they wrote him out very quickly, with Melanie all of a sudden turning on him, when it's clear that the next step of their story would have been getting back together.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I have to confess I haven't checked Hapka's seat out recently but soap fans seem to spot weight gains faster than the average person! I trust that he's giving the scale more of a workout these days and as many have stated, his attitude sucks! I've read very little in the way of interviews or tweets with the guy but something I DID read made it sound like he thought he should always be showcased on DAYS!

jdawg1077

And now Mark Hapka is retweeting his fans' messages criticizing the actor playing Dario. This guy is unbelievable...

"IMO @nbcdays NEEDS to bring Nathan back! This dario guy is annoying! the way he talks Everything! BRINGMARKHAPKABACK #DOOL @MarkHapka"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply