Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ChloŽ Sevigny is Lizzie Borden in new HBO mini -series
Topic Started: Mar 15 2011, 01:07 AM (410 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

For "Big Love" devotees, the thought of ChloŽ Sevigny hacking up people with a hatchet probably isn't too far-fetched.

The actress has played Nicolette Grant, the sister wife with sociopolitical tenancies, to simultaneously creepy and endearing perfection for five seasons. And just because the show is ending doesn't mean she's leaving HBO.

Deadline reports actress is currently developing a miniseries based on the life of Lizzie Borden with her "Big Love" bosses, Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman at Playtone. Sevigny has been a driving force behind the miniseries, in which she'll star in the title role and serve as co-executive producer.

Borden, for those not familiar with the charming, explanatory limerick, was a Massachusetts spinster put on trial for killing her father and step-mother with a hatchet in 1892. She was acquitted, but almost everyone back then (and now) was pretty sure she did it.

... like a Victorian era O.J. Simpson, if you will.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lizzie Borden had an axe, she gave her father 40 whacks, when she saw what she had done she gave her mother 41!

I am so watching this!
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I never knew about this story until DAYS used it in the Salem Stalker. Which was another dropped plot line lol.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I read a book about Lizzie in the 90's....The book suggested her sister helped her.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Totally watching this! Anyone watched the TV movie w/Elizabeth Montgomery as Lizzie Borden and Katherine Helmond (Mona from "Who's the Boss?") as her sister?

EM was awesome as the entitled, bratty Lizzie Borden. I think this was one of her first role where she played against type and rocked it. She was creepy and demanding of her sister. KH was good as the submissive older sister.

The best part its that it'll be on HBO!

Jack&Jenforever

I will defiinetly watch this show. I loved her as Nikki on Big Love. I will so miss Big Love. :(

King
Member Avatar

Wow! Awesome!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Big Love :(

Oh man how I will miss this show and all those crazy mormons...but I will certainly be watching this.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 16 2011, 02:28 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply