Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami drugs Faux-Rafe!; 3/29 issue
Topic Started: Mar 16 2011, 09:25 PM (4,330 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

After faux-Rafe's angry outburst at the police station, Sami is even more disheartened about the future of their relationship. "Up until now, she's been very compassionate and forgiving and taking responsibility for her part in it," notes Alison Sweeney. "And I think that this is the first time she's like, 'Oh my God. He's a jerk!'"

Realizing that he's gone too far, faux-Rafe "passes out" and Sami rushes him to the hospital. "She sees this rage on him and she's horrified and upset, and then he collapses and now she's immediately put back on her heels," explains Sweeney. "Maybe that's another symptom of what's wrong with him. She watches HOUSE; maybe there's something else going on."

At the hospital, Carly agrees that something is off with him. "To hear someone acknowledge that this isn't right, this isn't him, this isn't normal, I think Sami is extremely relieved. She just wants a diagnosis."

The diagnosis? Hypoglycemia and anxiety, so Carly prescribes anti-anxiety meds. "He won't take them," sighs Sweeney. "Sami, of course, is not going to accept that, so she gets Carly to give her the drugs. For Sami, it's an answer. It's a resolution. They know what's wrong, so now they have to solve the problem. And 'Rafe' is unwilling to do that, which is upsetting to her. Ultimately, she wants Rafe back and she wants this marriage to work."

So... Sami takes matters into her own hands. "She totally justifies, in her mind, giving him the meds without his permission. We all know this is not her first rodeo," points out the actress, referring to Sami drugging Austin in 1995. (Ah...the good ol' days.) "In her head, the real Rafe would want her to do this and she's absolutely sure that she's doing the right thing: what's best for her, him and the family."

What Sami doesn't know is that "Rafe" secretly spiked his drink with alcohol, which has now mixed with the meds. Then "Rafe" announces that he wants to come clean. "He's so loopy and he tells her the truth," previews Sweeney. "His line is something like, 'Sami, Sami, I'm me! You don't get it; I'm me!' And Galen's performance is very funny and the sequence is too. Sami is like, 'What does that mean?'"

But when "Rafe" suddenly turns angry again, Sami begins to really worry about what will happen. "She's very concerned that he'll never be the same again. She's very torn up about this whole thing. She thought she finally found the man of her dreams and she is the one who causes a head injury that changes who he is? It's just a horrible, karmic thing she's done to herself."

Credit to Forbidden Love for the original article.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FatherJohn
Member Avatar

So she decides to take him to bed for another round of ,"I hope this changes him", sex!

Kenny
Member Avatar

I got through the articles without falling asleep. Success!

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 16 2011, 09:28 PM
I got through the articles without falling asleep. Success!
I didn't.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Maybe that's another symptom of what's wrong with him. She watches HOUSE; maybe there's something else going on."

HUH? Does Sami actually say this to justify how she thinks something's wrong with Rafe?

Quote:

"In her head, the real Rafe would want her to do this and she's absolutely sure that she's doing the right thing: what's best for her, him and the family."

Oh YES, because Austin REALLY enjoyed it when you did it the first time. Why justify it? Just say that now that you have the proof (via Carly) then you're going to try and figure it out. Its not about Rafe, its Sami doing what Scami USED to do.

And the lame SLs continues....

Mirage75
Member Avatar

This storyline is so stupid. Enough is Enough.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I can't believe the writers really expect me to care about this.
Quote Post Goto Top

mommaof2
Member Avatar

thanks

sungrey

Original Recipe Rafe, Extra Crispy Rafe... so Extra Crispy Rafe is now Extra Drowsy Rafe and Original Recipe is Amnesiac Rafe... oh, screw it. :)

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I tried to avoid this as best as I could but since I'm in a masochistic mood...

Holy crap this is awful. The person who thought of this idea needs to get shot, Sami style.

*aims gun at DH*
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Mar 16 2011, 10:05 PM.

Layla
Member Avatar

I can't think of anything positive to say about this storyline. Words can't describe how shittastic the show is right now. :shame:

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I cannot believe I am about to say this, but I really look forward to Galen performance :o

I have to laugh at what Ali said, really her character was looking for the man of her dreams? like she deserves it :puke:

I wish that she took the drugs and painfully died, hey a guy can dream.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

So, am I to understand that all we get out of this drugging is an angry Fafe?

Yeah, like we haven't seen that before.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am sure this drugging thing is going to be so exciting :sarcasm:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's something different, I guess. Keep it moving, please.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I dislike how Sweeney talks about Sami. I realize she is trying to sell her story but I've never seen this die hard love nor do I care for how she is about to throw her true love under the bus because he actually has a personality now.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Yeah, I got nothing.

Sariah
Member Avatar

aimees76
Mar 16 2011, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I got nothing.
You and Higley both. ;)

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Mar 16 2011, 11:25 PM
I dislike how Sweeney talks about Sami. I realize she is trying to sell her story but I've never seen this die hard love nor do I care for how she is about to throw her true love under the bus because he actually has a personality now.
The more the story sucks, the harder she has to try to sell it. AS seems pretty defensive re: Sami in recent interviews - it seems like all the Sami hate is getting to her. But no amount of defending Sami in interviews will resurrect this sinking character until they start writing Sami as more rootable and AS starts playing her more sympathetically. For god's sake, Sami is being duped into having sex with a creepy guy who isn't her husband, and it seem like most people are either laughing at her or could give a rat's ass. Not good news for Sami or AS, IMO.
Edited by tomsawyer, Mar 17 2011, 12:34 AM.

sungrey

You know, if we all tweeted Sheri Anderson in mass... :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply