Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC renews Office, Community, Parks
Topic Started: Mar 17 2011, 07:51 PM (367 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

NBC has renewed three of its Thursday night comedies for next season.

The Office, Parks and Recreation and Community will be returning for the 2011-12 television season.

"I am so pleased to renew these three outstanding comedies which are all at the top of their game creatively, said Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment.

Veteran comedy The Office is delivering a 4.0 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic and averaging 7.7 million viewers for its current seventh season. Steve Carell's farewell episode is scheduled to air at the end of April, with Will Ferrell coming on for a multi-episode guest arc.

In the ratings, Amy Poehler's Parks and Rec, currently in its third season, is averaging a 2.8 in the key demo and 5.5 million viewers. With its move to the 9:30 p.m. time slot, the series is up 17 percent in the 18-49 demo (2.8 vs. 2.4) and up 9 percent in total viewers (5.5 million vs. 5.1 million).

Critical favorite Community, which has anchored the competitive 8 p.m. time slot on Thursdays for NBC and is led by The Soup host Joel McHale, has averaged a 2.1 in the 18-49 demo and 4.7 million viewers so far in its sophomore season. Lost star Josh Holloway is set to star in the two-part season finale, a followup of sorts to last season's "Modern Warfare" episode.

With NBC's core comedy lineup back for another round -- it was previously announced 30 Rock will also return next season, making it the show's sixth -- that leaves struggling freshmen comedies Outsourced and Perfect Couples still awaiting pickups.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I tried my best to stay away from Parks because I don't really like Amy Poehler and I heard the first season was crap, but I'm glad I did. And just as I thought, Poehler is the worst part of the show. But, I count my lucky stars that Adam Scott is on this show :wub: I've loved him for awhile now so that was a nice surprise.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Love Parks and Rec..Very excited by this news..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Yay....love Community and P&R. The latter has done a great job with fleshing out its supporting characters this year.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Office/Parks and Rec/Community/30 Rock is by FAR the most hilarious 2 hours of comedy on the major networks.

AWESOME news!

Manny
Member Avatar

I wonder how low they'll go next year on Thursdays... Especially without Carell...

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I didn't like P&R at first, but now it is pretty good. It does help I actually work in Parks and Recreation myself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply