Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: At A Glance - Peter Reckell; 4/12 issue
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 08:42 PM (6,427 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

WEEKLY: Bo and Hope have been moving toward reconciliation for several weeks. How do they make it official?

RECKELL: They finally consummate it!

WEEKLY: Carly has gone off the rails since her breakup with Bo. Does Bo think he's been rough on her?

RECKELL: The circumstances were very difficult. I think it will come up a few more times. Bo and Carly will bump into each other and he'll basically say, 'Let's try to with this out,' but Carly's off in her own storyline.

WEEKLY: You have great on-screen chemistry with both Kristian Alfonso and Crystal Chappell. Do you think that's one of the reasons they brought Crystal back?

RECKELL: Breaking up Bo and Hope is a difficult thing to do. To bring Carly on -- a character that Bo was deeply in love with at a time when he thought Hope was dead -- was perfect, because Bo's obviously going to have strong feelings for this woman. Carly's return was also at a time when Bo and Hope were having issues. Turning to that relationship was a little easier, because Bo wasn't developing a relationship with someone new. This was a person whom he loved and trusted and had history with.

WEEKLY: You and John Aniston also have a great on-camera rapport. Would you like to see more scenes between Victor and Bo?

RECKELL: Yes, I've always enjoyed the family relationships. From the very beginning, when Bo first came on the show, the most important relationship for the character was with his brother Roman, and the triangle between Roman, Bo and their father. They were brothers fighting for their father's love. There are also the sisters and their mom. Most of my Emmy reels have been scenes with Peggy McCay.

WEEKLY: When there are lulls in your story, is it a pattern that you're used to?

RECKELL: It's something that you have to get used to. I really didn't have to for a long time. When I came back to the show in 1990, for a two year stint, I had to put it in my contract not to work more than four days a week because I was getting burnt out. I remember Al Rabin saying to me, "We have never worked anyone as much as we work you." I was young, dumb, and innocent. Back then, my attitude was, "Yeah, let's work!" But now I have a family and things have worked out, because when I'm not at the studio, I spend time with my wife and baby, and we have a great time together.

WEEKLY: The fans are anxious to see a new story for Bo and Hope.

RECKELL: They've been extremely patient. Gary Tomlin came to both Kristian and I recently and said, "You guys are gonna be on board this summer, so be prepared. If you have time off now, take advantage of it, because you're not going to have alot of time this summer." I'm hoping our fans are patient. Our stuff doesn't really start until the end of May Sweeps.

Courtesy of Forbidden Love.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Thanks Kenny for taking the time to type this out, very much appreciated :D

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I had a feeling they would be getting a summer story. The fact that they only taped three episodes this month proved that.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Casey
Mar 30 2011, 09:02 PM
I had a feeling they would be getting a summer story. The fact that they only taped three episodes this month proved that.
i believe it was 4, not 3... lol... (when the number's that low, every episode counts! lol)

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

Another great article from Peter and can't wait for the summer.

Layla
Member Avatar

Glad that they might be getting a big story this summer. I'd take Bope over Safe any day. The Nightime Hope s/l was a million times better than this stupid Rafe 1/2 shit.

Thanks for posting!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Peter Reckell is awesome..I had the privilege of working for him during the Daytime Emmy's last year...He's a class act and a really fun guy...Plus he bought me a few drinks, which was pretty awesome!! Maybe this summer I might tune back in for this story and the gay storyline..

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Peter tweeted today about the upcoming storyline. It's great that we will see more of him but it sounds like he will be supporting and not at the center of the story.

http://twitter.com/#!/peterreckell/status/53151006153908224

Quote:

Reading upcoming scripts, some exciting stuff! Thanks for your patients and support, looks like it will pay off!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/peterreckell/status/53195767476789248

Quote:

@olddoolfan. To be clear. Bo will have more screen time, but it's not his story. Still its good news, right?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm sure there's going to be a crime that needs to be solved and Bo and Hope will be featured to do so. That's classic Higley there.

Morganarose

Thanks for typing this. Yeah, Bo and Hope wll finally have a story.......yes, we have been patient.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

YAY!!! So glad Bo and Hope will be getting some decent airtime over Summer. Makes up for the lack of it in May. Thanks for posting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Mar 30 2011, 10:45 PM
I'm sure there's going to be a crime that needs to be solved and Bo and Hope will be featured to do so. That's classic Higley there.
Exactly. That is the stuff she loves to write for them.

I have a feeling for some reason they will be involved in the Melanie/Dario story (since it's clear they will build something around Arianna's killer) which for some reason I think will tie in with Chloe/Quinn. I just get that feeling. PR said the story wasn't his and I highly doubt it will be another Hope story.

Ugh. Just get rid of them if this is all your going to give them

AlisonLou

PhoenixRising05
Mar 31 2011, 12:30 AM
DrewHamilton

I have a feeling for some reason they will be involved in the Melanie/Dario story (since it's clear they will build something around Arianna's killer) which for some reason I think will tie in with Chloe/Quinn. I just get that feeling. PR said the story wasn't his and I highly doubt it will be another Hope story.

It could be. But maybe they are going to be helping Sami find Real Rafe and bring down Rafe 2.
They would be going up against tyhe DiMeras. I could see them exposing the DiMeras.
Hope already knows about Sami's problems with Rafe.
So I'm guessing that Bo and Hope will figure out the truth about the Rafe's.
I just hope they are not using Bo and Hope to keep the Rafe story going or trying to make the Rafe sl more interesting.
I'm sick of the Rafe sl already. It needs to be dumped.
Knowing Dena it will be dragged out till November.
I'm glad that Bo and Hope are going to be on more.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AlisonLou
Mar 31 2011, 12:57 AM
PhoenixRising05
DrewHamilton

It could be. But maybe they are going to be helping Sami find Real Rafe and bring down Rafe 2.
They would be going up against tyhe DiMeras. I could see them exposing the DiMeras.
Hope already knows about Sami's problems with Rafe.
So I'm guessing that Bo and Hope will figure out the truth about the Rafe's.
I just hope they are not using Bo and Hope to keep the Rafe story going or trying to make the Rafe sl more interesting.
I'm sick of the Rafe sl already. It needs to be dumped.
Knowing Dena it will be dragged out till November.
I'm glad that Bo and Hope are going to be on more.
Doubt it.

GG tweeted a few weeks back and hinted that Rafe 2 would be done around late April, I believe.

Besides, I don't see Bo and Hope mingling with Sami and Rafe for whatever reason.

Regardless, it's still not going to be a Bo and Hope story and, even if it was, it wouldn't be much beyond some 2 month nostalgia laden caper. I love Bo and Hope but the past few years have worn me down on them. I would much rather see them gone at this point. Too much story has gone by the wayside and it's disgusting to me and a true shame.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 31 2011, 01:41 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Yeah lets get rid of the shows familiarity even more and use dayplayers as cops.

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I am sorry to say this but bo and hope are not going nowhere and beside kristian alfonso just sign new contract with days of our lives so she is not going no where.
Edited by CynthiaHaskins1, Mar 31 2011, 07:49 AM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

It seems like that Bope will get a summer story :D

great interview, Peter always give nice intereviews ;) He is my favorite actor, next to? oh whats the use you already know :P
Edited by JamesScott_19, Mar 31 2011, 10:07 AM.

Morganarose

As a long time fan of Bo and Hope, I am glad that they are getting a storyline and seeing them on the screen is good enough for me. Seeing a lot of what is on Days now, at least I wouldn't be FF as much!

Always love Peter's interviews.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

It's good to hear that they will be getting a summer story. I hope it's really good; their fans deserve it.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

When I see them get a summer storyline that is about THEM, I will believe it. Days lies....not the first time, won't be the last time they say something that doesn't pan out. It's good thought that KA recently signed.....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply