Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: At A Glance - Peter Reckell; 4/12 issue
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 08:42 PM (6,481 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 01:24 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 12:55 AM
Keith, I realize all that and I'm perfectly fine with them playing supporting roles. However, we've seen regime after regime come in here and do the exact same junk with them and that is what has me so frustrated. That and I feel PR feels the same. Bope don't even have that spark they used to have. I don't even feel like I'm watching them anymore. They seem lifeless and have felt that way since they reunited.

I would never discount their importance or connection but the show survived without both Bo and Hope before (moreso Hope than Bo). I think if you ever did get rid of them, you would have to bring another couple on to fulfill that role but I'm now starting to think that may not be the worst thing. As I said, Bo and Hope don't even feel like Bo and Hope to me. They don't even feel like a part of the show. You have Maggie being more relevant than ever. Jennifer is back. The Diva feels more like The Diva again, at least to me. We are seeing Abe and Lexie more. The Dimera's and Kiriakis' have become major forces. I would just use D&J whenever you can and maybe see about bringing back J&M or maybe just John or Marlena. I also suspect Jack will be back at some point so that helps too.

I just think keeping two characters on the show that feel played out is never the right thing to do. That is the issue with soaps. They keep characters on well past their expiration date. Give them a rest and bring them back later with new life. That is what I feel has helped Jennifer. She IMO has more life to her now than she had for the bulk of her last return. Either play Bo and Hope in supporting roles or I would just cut them loose and then bring on characters like Jack, Lucas, John and/or Marlena, and show a bit more D&J. That along with Jennifer and Maggie IMO is plenty of heart and familiarity for the show.

All I'm saying is that if whatever story you have for them is the same stuff we've seen, than it's just better to give them a rest. That's all. If they have something else in mind or want to use them to support others, than that should work out well. I love Bo and Hope both as a couple and individually. I don't want them written out but I don't want them in their current form either. And it's not just the writing either. They just aren't the same, at least to me.
Ph here we go again with the others speaking for Peter! :frustration: Peter has recently spoken about Bo and Hope in several recent interviews and personal appearances. I think to say he is tired of playing the Bo and Hope coupling sounds like it is based on opinion and not fact. There are those that are closer to Days actors that would definitely not agree with that statement. So I think it is best to allow Peter to speak for himself and not others! JMO :smile:
Why does one have to speak with Peter to have an opinion? I'm basing my view on his performance and that is fair IMO. He just doesn't seem into it to me. I never once said that Peter said anything in the press or made any statement about the story, his feelings, etc although I have seen signs in the mags too that he's not happy with how the past year and a half of story or more has turned out.

You can often take alot from an actor's performance and that is where I'm primarily drawing my opinion from but, as I said, I've seen hints in magazine interviews too that he has major issues with alot of this. Does that mean he's not happy acting with KA? No. I just think he hates seeing so much potential story squandered.

And some of you need to stop taking this so seriously IN MY OPINION. It's a soap. It's fiction. Your so quick to defend your couple or favorite characters/actors that you don't even bother to look at what someone says. It's not like I said "Peter said this." All I said was "I FEEL PR feels the same." That's it. There is nothing wrong with that statement. if I had said "PR feels the same" you would have a beef.

I love Bo and Hope but I'm a fan of the show more than any couple/character/actor. I'm open to whatever is simply good story. I have no horse in the race. Good for you Bo and Hope fans being happy. I would never begrudge you that. However, me and anyone else has every right not to be happy or to want better than this,

I love this. One of the few times I'm negative about something pertaining to Days on here and I still have to defend myself. There is no winning is there :frustration: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 3 2011, 01:49 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KathyRon

PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 01:47 AM
KathyRon
PhoenixRising05
Keith, I realize all that and I'm perfectly fine with them playing supporting roles. However, we've seen regime after regime come in here and do the exact same junk with them and that is what has me so frustrated. That and I feel PR feels the same. Bope don't even have that spark they used to have. I don't even feel like I'm watching them anymore. They seem lifeless and have felt that way since they reunited.

I would never discount their importance or connection but the show survived without both Bo and Hope before (moreso Hope than Bo). I think if you ever did get rid of them, you would have to bring another couple on to fulfill that role but I'm now starting to think that may not be the worst thing. As I said, Bo and Hope don't even feel like Bo and Hope to me. They don't even feel like a part of the show. You have Maggie being more relevant than ever. Jennifer is back. The Diva feels more like The Diva again, at least to me. We are seeing Abe and Lexie more. The Dimera's and Kiriakis' have become major forces. I would just use D&J whenever you can and maybe see about bringing back J&M or maybe just John or Marlena. I also suspect Jack will be back at some point so that helps too.

I just think keeping two characters on the show that feel played out is never the right thing to do. That is the issue with soaps. They keep characters on well past their expiration date. Give them a rest and bring them back later with new life. That is what I feel has helped Jennifer. She IMO has more life to her now than she had for the bulk of her last return. Either play Bo and Hope in supporting roles or I would just cut them loose and then bring on characters like Jack, Lucas, John and/or Marlena, and show a bit more D&J. That along with Jennifer and Maggie IMO is plenty of heart and familiarity for the show.

All I'm saying is that if whatever story you have for them is the same stuff we've seen, than it's just better to give them a rest. That's all. If they have something else in mind or want to use them to support others, than that should work out well. I love Bo and Hope both as a couple and individually. I don't want them written out but I don't want them in their current form either. And it's not just the writing either. They just aren't the same, at least to me.
Ph here we go again with the others speaking for Peter! :frustration: Peter has recently spoken about Bo and Hope in several recent interviews and personal appearances. I think to say he is tired of playing the Bo and Hope coupling sounds like it is based on opinion and not fact. There are those that are closer to Days actors that would definitely not agree with that statement. So I think it is best to allow Peter to speak for himself and not others! JMO :smile:
Why does one have to speak with Peter to have an opinion? I'm basing my view on his performance and that is fair IMO. He just doesn't seem into it to me. I never once said that Peter said anything in the press or made any statement about the story, his feelings, etc although I have seen signs in the mags too that he's not happy with how the past year and a half of story or more has turned out.

You can often take alot from an actor's performance and that is where I'm primarily drawing my opinion from but, as I said, I've seen hints in magazine interviews too that he has major issues with alot of this. Does that mean he's not happy acting with KA? No. I just think he hates seeing so much potential story squandered.

And some of you need to stop taking this so seriously IN MY OPINION. It's a soap. It's fiction. Your so quick to defend your couple or favorite characters/actors that you don't even bother to look at what someone says. It's not like I said "Peter said this." All I said was "I FEEL PR feels the same." That's it. There is nothing wrong with that statement. if I had said "PR feels the same" you would have a beef.

I love Bo and Hope but I'm a fan of the show more than any couple/character/actor. I'm open to whatever is simply good story. I have no horse in the race. Good for you Bo and Hope fans being happy. I would never begrudge you that. However, me and anyone else has every right not to be happy or to want better than this,

I love this. One of the few times I'm negative about something pertaining to Days on here and I still have to defend myself. There is no winning is there :frustration: .
O.K. breath! :laugh: First off, Peter is protraying Bo as cautious for storyline purposes and maybe that is what you are interpreting as not being excited or happy on your view on his performance! If you continue to watch this storyline play out in April, I think you come to find there's a meaning for this story! Second, you brought Peter's name into the post! In my opinion, there was no reason to interlope what you feel about Bo and Hope and their importance to this show and the actor(s) involve. When you do this, and the way it was worded does give the implication of something MORE than your opinion. Your point could have been made just as well, without his name ever being mentioned. JMO

Not here to start a war. Just getting a little frustrated with people implying a link to either Peter or Kristian when it is not necessary! Especially, when there are people that are ALOT closer to the situation and respect the privacy of these great actors who step in and defend because the fact remains, some choose to believe the rumors more than the facts. And finally, Bo and Hope aren't going away anytime soon. You're call if you want to stick around and enjoy them or not. However, you stated you are a Bo and Hope fan. So I hope you will stick around to see what their next story is before calling it DOA! JMO :wave:

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Quote:

If you continue to watch this storyline play out in April
I don't think there's going to be much of a story after their love scene. They're going to be on the back burner again until their summer story.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Quote:

Just getting a little frustrated with people implying a link to either Peter or Kristian when it is not necessary!
I don't get this. He was stating an opinion based on what he is seeing. How is he implying any link towards Peter or Kristian?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Casey
Apr 3 2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:

I don't think there's going to be much of a story after their love scene. They're going to be on the back burner again until their summer story.
Exactly.

And PR said on Twitter that whatever story they have coming in summer isn't even his story and I highly doubt we will get another story that is Hope-centric after we got NT Hope last year. He and KA are just seeing more airtime, which is great but it just proves that this is just another rushed reunion and their issues will fall by the wayside again.

And thanks for the defense, Casey. I guess I didn't realize how forming an opinion based off an interpretation of performances and what is said from quotes by the actors in the press could start such an uproar.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 3 2011, 02:26 AM.

KathyRon

Casey
Apr 3 2011, 02:23 AM
Quote:

Just getting a little frustrated with people implying a link to either Peter or Kristian when it is not necessary!
I don't get this. He was stating an opinion based on what he is seeing. How is he implying any link towards Peter or Kristian?
My point was and is, it was not necessary to imply Peter wasn't happy with the story. Please go back and read the comment. Opinions are a great and are a give.......when it is yours. Interpretation is something different. Not trying to start a war because we all know there are way to many of them going on with the fanbases. However, some of the cast do read the boards and it's best to let them speak for themselves. JMO :)

KathyRon

Casey
Quote:

Actually, they are involved in a big story in April when Ciara runs away. :popcorn: This will allow a bunch of things that they have been tiptoeing around to be dealt with for Bo and Hope. Then they are not on much during May Sweeps and then their summer story starts at the end of May. :wave:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

But where was I speaking for him?

All I said was that I felt Peter was not into the current story based on his performance. That's it. I even stated the words "I feel" before saying that was what I felt was going on with Peter. I'm INTERPRETING a performance. In what universe is that speaking for an actor? Did I say Peter said anything? No.

And even when I mentioned Peter hinting at his feelings in the magazines, I was still referring to a source he actually spoke to and was giving MY INTERPRETATION and opinion on what he said. I could very well be wrong but I have done no one a disservice, least of all the actors.

Your trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Interpretation and opinion go hand in hand. When you post an opinion about something, it's based on how you saw/perceived/interpreted a scene/statement/performance. Just like you said that there would be more meaning to the story or just like when you or anyone else comments on a Bope scene or an interview, your view of that is tied directly to how you interpret what your seeing or reading. Your interpretation is what translates into your happiness over what your seeing or reading. Based on what YOU heard/read/saw, you feel the story has meaning. That is no different than what I was doing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:39 AM
Casey
Quote:

Actually, they are involved in a big story in April when Ciara runs away. :popcorn: This will allow a bunch of things that they have been tiptoeing around to be dealt with for Bo and Hope. Then they are not on much during May Sweeps and then their summer story starts at the end of May. :wave:
Yes, a big story which will last all of ten episodes.

Then, comes a summer story where we know from PR himself on twitter (the comments are posted in this thread just in case you think I'm speaking for him again) that it's not a Bo story and I can't imagine it's a Hope one so it's a story that won't even be led by them. So, they will move on with their issues still left mostly unresolved.

KathyRon

PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 02:43 AM
KathyRon
Casey
Quote:

Then, comes a summer story where we know from PR himself on twitter (the comments are posted in this thread just in case you think I'm speaking for him again) that it's not a Bo story and I can't imagine it's a Hope one so it's a story that won't even be led by them. So, they will move on with their issues still left mostly unresolved.
Um, first off, Lauren who plays Ciara is in 10 episodes in April. Peter and Kristian are in more than those episodes. Please don't base her count on theirs because that's not true. Secondly, Peter was responding to a Carbo/Bo fan question tweet (yes, I did see the tweet) and she asked if the upcoming storyline would have Bo involved in a big story? He responded this was not a Bo story, because the summer storyline is a BO and HOPE storyline. They actually started shooting that last week! It is not a backburnner one.

Like I said. If you choose to stick with Bo and Hope during the upcoming April story, you will see alot more dealt with during the Ciara running away story. This may appear to be a rushed reunion because they sleep together next Friday, but there is ALOT more to come! :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
KathyRon
Casey

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Um, first off, Lauren who plays Ciara is in 10 episodes in April. Peter and Kristian are in more than those episodes. Please don't base her count on theirs because that's not true. Secondly, Peter was responding to a Carbo/Bo fan question tweet (yes, I did see the tweet) and she asked if the upcoming storyline would have Bo involved in a big story? He responded this was not a Bo story, because the summer storyline is a BO and HOPE storyline. They actually started shooting that last week! It is not a backburnner one.

Like I said. If you choose to stick with Bo and Hope during the upcoming April story, you will see alot more dealt with during the Ciara running away story. This may appear to be a rushed reunion because they sleep together next Friday, but there is ALOT more to come! :)
I wasn't basing it at all on Lauren's airdates because I have no idea how much Lauren is going to air in April. I was just guessing based on how this regime usually works and I couldn't imagine Ciara's running away lasting much longer than a few episodes.

Whatever. We'll see what happens. I'm always one to give everything on this show the benefit of the doubt but I've seen this time and time again and regardless of what happens here, this is still moving too fast. They should not be making love given all the issues they've had. You be excited all you want as you have the right to. I'm happy for you and Bope fans so enjoy.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Quote:

Secondly, Peter was responding to a Carbo/Bo fan question tweet (yes, I did see the tweet) and she asked if the upcoming storyline would have Bo involved in a big story? He responded this was not a Bo story, because the summer storyline is a BO and HOPE storyline.
His reply was, "To be clear. Bo will have more screen time, but it's not his story. Still its good news, right?". Technically, a Bo and Hope story would still be his story.

Quote:

They actually started shooting that last week! It is not a backburnner one.
Quote:

Peter and Kristian are in more than those episodes.
You know this for sure how?

KathyRon

Casey
Apr 3 2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:

Secondly, Peter was responding to a Carbo/Bo fan question tweet (yes, I did see the tweet) and she asked if the upcoming storyline would have Bo involved in a big story? He responded this was not a Bo story, because the summer storyline is a BO and HOPE storyline.
His reply was, "To be clear. Bo will have more screen time, but it's not his story. Still its good news, right?". Technically, a Bo and Hope story would still be his story.

Quote:

They actually started shooting that last week! It is not a backburnner one.
Quote:

Peter and Kristian are in more than those episodes.
You know this for sure how?

It's a Bo and Hope summer storyline. :) And yes. I know. :)

KathyRon

PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 02:59 AM
KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
KathyRon

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I wasn't basing it at all on Lauren's airdates because I have no idea how much Lauren is going to air in April. I was just guessing based on how this regime usually works and I couldn't imagine Ciara's running away lasting much longer than a few episodes.

Whatever. We'll see what happens. I'm always one to give everything on this show the benefit of the doubt but I've seen this time and time again and regardless of what happens here, this is still moving too fast. They should not be making love given all the issues they've had. You be excited all you want as you have the right to. I'm happy for you and Bope fans so enjoy.

I hope you enjoy it as well. :cheers: I think you said you are a Bo and Hope fan, so I hope you decide to stick around and watch it play out. There's alot of storytelling left to go for Bo and Hope and I hope you decide to stick around and see it play out. :wave:

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 01:47 AM
KathyRon
PhoenixRising05

By the same token I'm up the opinion that I think the Carly story is a rinse, wash, rather, and repeat of what the writers did to Hope last summer, yet I saw you praise it continuously. I'd never discount your opinion even though I think CC is one of the most overrated performers ever. I think she's phoning it in because she'd rather be in a Carbo story, but that is just my opinion. So I agree with those who say we don't know what ANY actor feels about a story, only what plays out on screen and how we perceive it.
Edited by Fafokahw, Apr 3 2011, 08:46 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I'm with you Phoenix. I've felt for years now that Peter is tired of being stuck in supercouple limbo. It's obvious that Peter wants to do other stories and was excited about a real triangle with Carly. At the same time I feel that Kristian is a Bope-fangirl.

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I am sorry to say this but peter reckell is a huge fan of bo and hope always has been and beside he is not a fan triangle storyline and also he love working with kristian alfonso.and why does this message board have to ruined every thing for all us bo and hope fans that have waited long time for them to get there own storyline.
Edited by CynthiaHaskins1, Apr 3 2011, 10:34 AM.

Ellie

CynthiaHaskins1
Apr 3 2011, 10:32 AM
Hi!,I am sorry to say this but peter reckell is a huge fan of bo and hope always has been and beside he is not a fan triangle storyline and also he love working with kristian alfonso.and why does this message board have to ruined every thing for all us bo and hope fans that have waited long time for them to get there own storyline.
This isn't a fan board for Bo and Hope. There is no problem at all with people saying that they aren't looking forward to the upcoming storyline or that they think there isn't even really going to be one. If those posts bother you, maybe you should put those people on ignore. Thanks!

sungrey

At this time, Peter and Kristian are just happy to be working, period. They've both got outside interests (Peter's music and Kristian's jewelry lines). While they didn't get along back in the 1980s, they've certainly become a lot closer over the years. It's called getting older. :)

mellie277
Member Avatar

does it matter what the actors personal preferences are.....there job is to make the best of the garbage they are given no matter if it is Bo/Hope or Bo/Carly.........

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply