Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: At A Glance - Peter Reckell; 4/12 issue
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 08:42 PM (6,392 Views)
KathyRon

sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 02:14 PM
KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 02:43 AM
KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:39 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes, a big story which will last all of ten episodes.

Then, comes a summer story where we know from PR himself on twitter (the comments are posted in this thread just in case you think I'm speaking for him again) that it's not a Bo story and I can't imagine it's a Hope one so it's a story that won't even be led by them. So, they will move on with their issues still left mostly unresolved.
Um, first off, Lauren who plays Ciara is in 10 episodes in April. Peter and Kristian are in more than those episodes. Please don't base her count on theirs because that's not true. Secondly, Peter was responding to a Carbo/Bo fan question tweet (yes, I did see the tweet) and she asked if the upcoming storyline would have Bo involved in a big story? He responded this was not a Bo story, because the summer storyline is a BO and HOPE storyline. They actually started shooting that last week! It is not a backburnner one.

Like I said. If you choose to stick with Bo and Hope during the upcoming April story, you will see alot more dealt with during the Ciara running away story. This may appear to be a rushed reunion because they sleep together next Friday, but there is ALOT more to come! :)
ummm the tweet was to me and he NOWHERE did he say it was a Bope story!! Just that he would be working more!
It's a Bo and Hope story! Watch it, don't watch it. That's what the on and off switch if for. Summer spoilers should be coming out next month so you'll get your "printed" answer to that question. I know you are a Carbo fan and you're very disappointed with the direction of you're couple, but you should be happy with the storyline that is coming for Carly! Crystal will do a great job with that storyline as I am sure Peter and Kristian will do a great job with their April and upcoming summer storyline. If you feel like Bo and Hope or Bo and Carly don't have the chemistry anymore, fine! Turn it off or hit the ff button! However, the fact is the reason that Bo and Hope are still Days signature couple is because of demos/ratings numbers, those focus groups and most importantly, those people at the top! If Bo and Carly's storyline that ran those 18 months had been where some wanted it to be, they would still be together! That's the fact! Theywere being watched by the execs to see the response from Days GA audience. They knew there would be push back from Bo and Hope fans, but it always came back to those important numbers! The coupling didn't pass the test according to the former and incoming powers that be! That's the reality.

In my post I said "I didn't post to start a war!" However, some clearly want one. :badmood: Peter's name was brought up and I just responded to the post. I wasn't attacking the poster. My point was Peter is fine. He still likes playing Bo and he's excited about the Bo and Hope story! If he wasn't he would leave. He's a grown man! Nobody is making him stay! He left before and if he was unhappy, he would leave again! He has other irons in the fire, including doing next season's Venice episodes with Crystal and his environmental web projects. I am just choosing to support all three actors right now, as Days isn't exactly winning viewers over at the moment. Bo and Hope, as well as Carly and Carbo have strong fanbases and this continued battle between them is getting old! :shame: Let's all move on already! :toetap: JMO
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I just wanted to say that i have to agree with you it is time for both fanbase to move on and also call a truce.and this has to end once and for all.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 07:58 PM
mellie277
Apr 3 2011, 07:44 PM
sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 07:14 PM
I agree that the reentering of Carly was not executed well! The way Carly's character was portrayed is NO different than Hope trying to kill her husband 3 TIMES!!! Sorry but no pill will make me believe that it drove her to do it! Hope had deep seated anger and resentment issues BEFORE she started taking pills. How is that suppose to make us ROOT for Bope and how is that any different with how they wrote Carly (which was just as bad)??? I am suppose to believe and forget what Hope tried to do to Bo Brady, and they are now going to live happily ever after? NOT! FAIL! Truth is you have your preference and I have MINE! As far as Bo making love to Carly while still inlove with Hope...well that is left to debate! What we saw play out onscreen is that Bo said he loves Carly and has fallen in love with her all over again! As far as bope having more chemistry that is YOUR opinion and not the opinion of ALL! There are just as many Carbo fans as there are Bope fans!
:hail: :hail: :hail:

the problems in that relationship existed way before Carly entered the picture and even though she is an easy target, BOPE messed up BOPE so this insta re-connection is another example of the bullshit writing we are dealing with now........
:hail: EXACTLY They had problems in their relationship WAY BEFORE Carly came in the picture! Peter pointed that out too in the interview!! It is so easy to blame Carly, but Bope were already in deep water before she entered picture!!! People fail or REFUSE to want to see that! It is always easier to point the finger and blame. And YES TOTAL bullshit writing!!!
I think most Bope fans would agree that Bo & Hope's problems started before Carly came back to Salem. The point is that Carly's presence made things 100x worse. However, Carly's out of the picture now, and Bo & Hope are working on their issues. They know where they went wrong, and they know when they went wrong. No one's denying that. What some people seem to try to deny is that Bo got involved with Carly because he thought that Hope had given up on them. Bo made promises to Carly all while he knew deep down that he still had very real feelings for Hope. In addition, Carly decided to stay with Bo even after she realized that Bo was still in love with Hope. Bo hurt Carly with his promises & his leading her on. Did he love her, sure. But did he love her the way he loves Hope, no. There's nothing Bo can do now to take away the hurt he's caused Carly, but at the same time, she was warned by pretty much everyone in Salem that if she stayed with Bo, there was a really really good chance that he would ultimately leave her & go back to Hope.

Kriss4

sporty191
Kriss4
Apr 3 2011, 03:52 PM
sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 02:11 PM
Keith
Apr 3 2011, 12:17 AM
Oh, I definitely agree the biggest mistake the writers/producers made was cutting Shawn and Belle. But cutting Bo and Hope is a bigger one. They've been a staple the longest. They don't have the baggage of John and Marlena (a couple which I loved) With Bo and Hope, the two main families stay alive in the hearts of viewers. That has always been the bottom line with them, I think, moreso than their supercoupledom. Together or apart, they represent those two families and have been the most consistent representatives of them for the largest span of time on the frontburner. Its not about whether or not the ratings will drop. Because, let's face it, they won't. We all know that argument is more invalid than most soap marriages. But its also not what I said.

I'm talking about the heart of the show. The thing that keeps a large number of us coming back. Losing Frances and Alice was the last large blow to that. Losing John and Marlena was a big one. (I can't count S/K, as much as I love them. Their familiarity factor overall is nowhere nearly J/M, B/H, or even J/J).

What would have happened if they simply decided that Suzanne Rogers and John Clarke simply weren't needed anymore, because they were background characters. Have Doug and Julie stop by once and a while, still have Alice around, and drum up some new lawyer character. As someone who started watching then I would have been outraged! Because the Bradys and the Hortons are the families that we welcome into our homes. And the DiMeras and Kiriakises are the ones we love to hate.

I'd rather have Bo and Hope around as a presence, a presence that has been with this show in its most recent incarnation for fifteen years! So what, we're just going to throw in the towel because the writers can't figure out what to do with them? Then why do we put up with Roman? Caroline? Maggie? I think it's utter bullshit to call for them to be cut so callously. I realize soaps are in trouble, but that is the last thing to do to a soap that is already so unrecognized. The majority of people tune into soaps to check in with an old friend. Bo and Hope are some of the few of them left and I don't care how they're being featured and to be quite frank, will be glad for them to be featured minimally and recover from the horseshit that Higley has written for them.

I also realize that the Bradys and Hortons have been phased out slowly over the past few years. So, does that means they are not still the heart of the show? No. Idiot that he is, I doubt Corday feels that way. Maggie Horton is front and center to some degree for the first time in years. Will and Abby are young teens. Bo and Hope are just coming back together. Jennifer has just returned. Love him or hate him, we just lost Nathan. Moreover, we just lost Alice and Mickey in a year. And what about Doug and Julie? Do you realize we would NEVER see DAYS' original supercouple ever again? Hope is, for all intents and purposes, their daughter and has been for years, because of what happened to Addie. They could come back to support Maggie and Jennifer and for holidays, but how likely would it be that they would be thought of?

Tim, I realize that you always hold out for the best on this show. I think we all do. I understand your frustration. I just think its misplaced here. No supercouple can just be replaced like they're some place holder. No one could take the place that Bo and Hope hold because no other couple holds those connections (surprisingly). They are the original Arms of Steel/Horton connection and the only one that remains. And I can't call it anything short of callous to just throw your hands up and say get rid of them before you know even know what story they're supporting.
It truly saddens me as a viewer when fans of the show and actors just want to see them around solely as a presence to hold on to some nostalgia of a once popular 80's couple. Fact is that Bo and Hope were SEPERATE popular characters before they became the well known Bope. Viewers would really want to see actors on their screen just as a presence??? Really? How is that fair to the actors?? I agree with what 1 poster said and that is the actors are tired of the same old too! Bo and Hope no longer have the chemistry they as they did in the 80's. Actors are interested in story, story, and more story! Truth be told Bope has no more stories to tell! They have done it all! It's time for their characters to experience other loves. It is possible to love more than 1 person. Take a look at other soaps who do not box their characters and actors into a supercouple box. Victor and Nikki, Sharon & Nick from Y&R, Bo and Nora from OLTL Luke and Laura from GH have ALL experienced other loves and stories without their paired supercouple partner. I ask the question, what supercouples from other soaps are currently together that are a signature a couplefor the soap?? Bo and Nora just recently reunited after 10 ys being apart. Vicki and Clint are signature but have been apart for years!! The show should be focusing on writing for the characters. The couples only enhance the show in my opinion! It does NOT break a show if a well known signature couple is no longer together. Days has frustrated me for years because of their bad writing and the fact that they are so predictable. I feel sorry for actors who get boxed into a supercouple box. IMO that limits them as an actor. And it saddens me that viewers would be happy to see them in supporting roles or just as a presence. :shame:
Truth be told?

Really.

What's true for you as a viewer isn't going to be true for me as a viewer. I hated Bo and Carly together, and I'm not really part of the Bo and Hope fanbase, per se.

It's just that I neither like nor respect Carly as a character and that goes back to BEFORE her return. I realize not everyone would agree with me about that, but that doesn't change MY feelings.

I think Bo and Hope have more chemistry together in their little pinky fingers than Bo and Carly do at this point.

Peter and Crystal are fine actors. I don't dispute that, but I didn't like the STORY of Carly's return, and I don't think the Carly character is all that admirable in her actions...both years ago and now. I have basic disagreements with the character that have never been resolved, and that are hard for me to overlook, and with each new thing she does, my disagreement with how her character is portrayed just gets stronger.

Now, I didn't like the whole Nighttime Hope concept, either, because it felt like the writers went too far in that story, and yes, I think those of you who think Bo and Hope's reconciliation is happening too fast have a point. Bo and Hope have lots of things to resolve and the show isn't going to let them resolve those things and that's terrible.

But does that mean that I want to lose Bo and Hope or suddenly become a Bo and Carly shipper?

Um, no...

No way.

I agree that the reentering of Carly was not executed well! The way Carly's character was portrayed is NO different than Hope trying to kill her husband 3 TIMES!!! Sorry but no pill will make me believe that it drove her to do it! Hope had deep seated anger and resentment issues BEFORE she started taking pills. How is that suppose to make us ROOT for Bope and how is that any different with how they wrote Carly (which was just as bad)??? I am suppose to believe and forget what Hope tried to do to Bo Brady, and they are now going to live happily ever after? NOT! FAIL! Truth is you have your preference and I have MINE! As far as Bo making love to Carly while still inlove with Hope...well that is left to debate! What we saw play out onscreen is that Bo said he loves Carly and has fallen in love with her all over again! As far as bope having more chemistry that is YOUR opinion and not the opinion of ALL! There are just as many Carbo fans as there are Bope fans!
I have my preferences and you have yours, of course.

And I even agree that Bo and Hope should not be getting together so quickly, without resolution of their problems and a real discussion of their feelings.

I don't think, however, that there are as many Bo and Carly fans as there are Bo and Hope fans.

I think there are CARLY fans, and they like Bo and Carly, but with heavy emphasis on Carly, because they're really fans of Crystal more than anything else...and hey...that's fine. It works. At this point in time, with the way soaps are written, a lot of us love the actors as much or more than the characters.

But I think amongst the AUDIENCE...the majority of whom probably don't post, there are more Bo and Hope fans than Bo and Carly fans...and why wouldn't that be the case? Bo and Hope are known and loved and have been for decades, while for many, Carly is essentially a new character. I know not everyone loves Bo and Hope. Everyone has their own couple that they love, and their reasons for that.

But overall...overall, I definitely think Bo and Hope fans outnumber Bo and Carly fans, and most of the Bo and Carly fans tend to be Crystal fans who came over from GL.

Of course, your position that there are as many Bo and Carly fans as there are Bo and Hope fans isn't proveable, and you could say the same to me about Bo and Hope.

Doesn't change my feeling that the Bo and Hope fans outnumber the Bo and Carly fans.

KathyRon

CynthiaHaskins1
Apr 3 2011, 08:10 PM
Hi!,I just wanted to say that i have to agree with you it is time for both fanbase to move on and also call a truce.and this has to end once and for all.
Thank you! :hug: This is a TV show and sometimes it feels like the seperation from that gets lost because they want their favorites to be together! In an industy that doesn't give a lot of respect to actors over 40, I am very glad to see all three working! Watch the show. Don't want the show! There's still more storytelling to go in both cases for all three characters. But let's get over it and move on! There are far more important things going on in this world than the fanbase wars between the couples on Days! :soapbox: JMO

Kriss4

sporty191
mellie277
sporty191

the problems in that relationship existed way before Carly entered the picture and even though she is an easy target, BOPE messed up BOPE so this insta re-connection is another example of the bullshit writing we are dealing with now........
:hail: EXACTLY They had problems in their relationship WAY BEFORE Carly came in the picture! Peter pointed that out too in the interview!! It is so easy to blame Carly, but Bope were already in deep water before she entered picture!!! People fail or REFUSE to want to see that! It is always easier to point the finger and blame. And YES TOTAL bullshit writing!!!
Of course Bo and Hope already had problems. Who's denying it?

But Carly didn't help matters. She came around and insinuated herself into Bo's life without invitation. She was in trouble and Bo had to be the one to save the day. She dropped in, and it wasn't long before Bo and Hope's marital difficulties became evident to her. Heck, Carly HAD to move in to Bo and Hope's home, right?

She did a little "I don't want to interfere in your life" dance and then before long, she hopped in bed with Bo, sleeping with him in Hope's home...even in Hope's bed.

Not a fan of that, sorry.

Doesn't matter, though. That's over. Bo and Carly are hopefully over.

She can have Daniel. She can have the man on the moon.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I was a fan of Bope and Bo and Carly, but I like Bope better.

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

sporty191
Kriss4
Apr 3 2011, 03:52 PM
sporty191
Keith
Oh, I definitely agree the biggest mistake the writers/producers made was cutting Shawn and Belle. But cutting Bo and Hope is a bigger one. They've been a staple the longest. They don't have the baggage of John and Marlena (a couple which I loved) With Bo and Hope, the two main families stay alive in the hearts of viewers. That has always been the bottom line with them, I think, moreso than their supercoupledom. Together or apart, they represent those two families and have been the most consistent representatives of them for the largest span of time on the frontburner. Its not about whether or not the ratings will drop. Because, let's face it, they won't. We all know that argument is more invalid than most soap marriages. But its also not what I said.

I'm talking about the heart of the show. The thing that keeps a large number of us coming back. Losing Frances and Alice was the last large blow to that. Losing John and Marlena was a big one. (I can't count S/K, as much as I love them. Their familiarity factor overall is nowhere nearly J/M, B/H, or even J/J).

What would have happened if they simply decided that Suzanne Rogers and John Clarke simply weren't needed anymore, because they were background characters. Have Doug and Julie stop by once and a while, still have Alice around, and drum up some new lawyer character. As someone who started watching then I would have been outraged! Because the Bradys and the Hortons are the families that we welcome into our homes. And the DiMeras and Kiriakises are the ones we love to hate.

I'd rather have Bo and Hope around as a presence, a presence that has been with this show in its most recent incarnation for fifteen years! So what, we're just going to throw in the towel because the writers can't figure out what to do with them? Then why do we put up with Roman? Caroline? Maggie? I think it's utter bullshit to call for them to be cut so callously. I realize soaps are in trouble, but that is the last thing to do to a soap that is already so unrecognized. The majority of people tune into soaps to check in with an old friend. Bo and Hope are some of the few of them left and I don't care how they're being featured and to be quite frank, will be glad for them to be featured minimally and recover from the horseshit that Higley has written for them.

I also realize that the Bradys and Hortons have been phased out slowly over the past few years. So, does that means they are not still the heart of the show? No. Idiot that he is, I doubt Corday feels that way. Maggie Horton is front and center to some degree for the first time in years. Will and Abby are young teens. Bo and Hope are just coming back together. Jennifer has just returned. Love him or hate him, we just lost Nathan. Moreover, we just lost Alice and Mickey in a year. And what about Doug and Julie? Do you realize we would NEVER see DAYS' original supercouple ever again? Hope is, for all intents and purposes, their daughter and has been for years, because of what happened to Addie. They could come back to support Maggie and Jennifer and for holidays, but how likely would it be that they would be thought of?

Tim, I realize that you always hold out for the best on this show. I think we all do. I understand your frustration. I just think its misplaced here. No supercouple can just be replaced like they're some place holder. No one could take the place that Bo and Hope hold because no other couple holds those connections (surprisingly). They are the original Arms of Steel/Horton connection and the only one that remains. And I can't call it anything short of callous to just throw your hands up and say get rid of them before you know even know what story they're supporting.
It truly saddens me as a viewer when fans of the show and actors just want to see them around solely as a presence to hold on to some nostalgia of a once popular 80's couple. Fact is that Bo and Hope were SEPERATE popular characters before they became the well known Bope. Viewers would really want to see actors on their screen just as a presence??? Really? How is that fair to the actors?? I agree with what 1 poster said and that is the actors are tired of the same old too! Bo and Hope no longer have the chemistry they as they did in the 80's. Actors are interested in story, story, and more story! Truth be told Bope has no more stories to tell! They have done it all! It's time for their characters to experience other loves. It is possible to love more than 1 person. Take a look at other soaps who do not box their characters and actors into a supercouple box. Victor and Nikki, Sharon & Nick from Y&R, Bo and Nora from OLTL Luke and Laura from GH have ALL experienced other loves and stories without their paired supercouple partner. I ask the question, what supercouples from other soaps are currently together that are a signature a couplefor the soap?? Bo and Nora just recently reunited after 10 ys being apart. Vicki and Clint are signature but have been apart for years!! The show should be focusing on writing for the characters. The couples only enhance the show in my opinion! It does NOT break a show if a well known signature couple is no longer together. Days has frustrated me for years because of their bad writing and the fact that they are so predictable. I feel sorry for actors who get boxed into a supercouple box. IMO that limits them as an actor. And it saddens me that viewers would be happy to see them in supporting roles or just as a presence. :shame:
Truth be told?

Really.

What's true for you as a viewer isn't going to be true for me as a viewer. I hated Bo and Carly together, and I'm not really part of the Bo and Hope fanbase, per se.

It's just that I neither like nor respect Carly as a character and that goes back to BEFORE her return. I realize not everyone would agree with me about that, but that doesn't change MY feelings.

I think Bo and Hope have more chemistry together in their little pinky fingers than Bo and Carly do at this point.

Peter and Crystal are fine actors. I don't dispute that, but I didn't like the STORY of Carly's return, and I don't think the Carly character is all that admirable in her actions...both years ago and now. I have basic disagreements with the character that have never been resolved, and that are hard for me to overlook, and with each new thing she does, my disagreement with how her character is portrayed just gets stronger.

Now, I didn't like the whole Nighttime Hope concept, either, because it felt like the writers went too far in that story, and yes, I think those of you who think Bo and Hope's reconciliation is happening too fast have a point. Bo and Hope have lots of things to resolve and the show isn't going to let them resolve those things and that's terrible.

But does that mean that I want to lose Bo and Hope or suddenly become a Bo and Carly shipper?

Um, no...

No way.

I am going to disagree if you look at the story told Bo may have been saying he loved Carly but they also showed us him having dreams of Hope. They also showed Bo refusal to divorce Hope. If I were Carly I would have thought that as a issue the fact that Carly brings it up shows the in a immature light. Bo was in Ross Geller mode trying to say what he needed to say so he didn't end up alone. Hope was prescribed meds by a doctor that had a weird effect on her. True she could have asked more questions but she not in medical so she did not know the right questions to ask. Bo understands this just like Hope understands Bo fear of being alone it mature love and understanding.
Edited by Skatergirl_19, Apr 3 2011, 09:51 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Just my two shitty cents, if the Dool were to end today, Bope would reunite, it would not be Carbo 2.0 together just keeping it real here. Someone mentioned other supercouple from other shows. Laura is in a comatose state, when Laura was able to lucid for a few weeks after being injected. Luke went back to Laura in spite of being married to Tracey. Laura is the Luke of Laura life and vice versa, he would move heaven and earth if he could, but Genie Francis is not on the show. As for Sharon and Nick, Nick has been back and forth with Phyllis and most fans are sick of that BS. Victor and Nikki are by far the worst example because Victor is a heartless monster. I could look at the various supercouple from the other show even the cancelled one. Reva and Josh from GL, who were a supercouple ended back together. Carly and Jack from ATWT ended back together. I believe in the bs that supercouple are boxed it, it is about the writng and Dena is a total hack when it comes to the entire show. The Carly reentry was poorly executed and as a CC/Carly fans I was extremely disappointed in how she was written. Carbo fans want Carbo and Bope fans want Bope, and that will never change. I donít believe that Hope trying to burn Bo alive has anything to do it because even if Hope didnít do that, Carbos will still want Carbo, and there is nothing wrong with that. However, this fanbase war needs to stop, sometimes I feel like I step into some god awful high school or playground brawl where itís the he said she said shit fest. That is all I have to say, I am late as usual.

bohope80s
Member Avatar

Ok, I have read every post here and I feel the need to comment....

If anyone thinks Bo and Hope do not have chemistry please go to youtube and look at the Bo Hope scenes to refresh your memory.

I agree that they don't have the same chemistry as back in the 80's, HOWEVER the writing was SUPERIOR in the 80's, it just flat out sucks now.

I am a BOPE supporter always have been and always will be and I for one am just fine seeing them onscreen as much as possible!

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

I agree and I did not even see Bope in the 80's was intoduced to thm in 94 and they only get better with age even if the writing is not that great anymore. I am a Bope fa ad would lovet hem on my screeas much as posible.

bohope80s
Member Avatar

I keep thinking back to 84 when Bo and Hope had to sneak around while Hope was married to Larry and Eugene created these walkie talkie watches. It was so cute (and cheesy) and can't help wondering what type of device would they use today....any thoughts...

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

bohope80s
Apr 6 2011, 11:03 AM
I keep thinking back to 84 when Bo and Hope had to sneak around while Hope was married to Larry and Eugene created these walkie talkie watches. It was so cute (and cheesy) and can't help wondering what type of device would they use today....any thoughts...
They might use some type of a walkie talkie today because cell phones can be traced.

HelenM

sporty191
Keith

Can I ask a question? (Silly really cause I'm going to ask it anyway LOL)

Why is it that people think if you want Bo and Hope together then you are living in the 80s or trying to hold on to the past, or want them together for nostalgic reasons? Can't the same be true for Carly and Bo? They were a couple in the 90s, so are you living in the 90s and trying to hold on to something that happened a long time ago, shouldn't you move on?

And let's be clear, yes Bope were a couple in the 80s, but they were also a couple in the 90s and 2000s, so we aren't talking just the 80s.

I personally still see their chemistry, I love their scenes together. I don't see any sparks between Bo and Carly, that's my opinion and as a long time fan, I watched back when they first introduced Carly, I didn't see the chemistry then but I still watched.

I just think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you don't like a certain couple or don't see chemistry then that's fine, don't watch.

But please don't tell me that I only want Bo and Hope together because of history or that TPTB are scared and only putting BOPE together for nostalgic reasons. That's not the case, Bo and Hope have many fans. And I am also tired of hearing how many fans certain fanbases have. We have NO IDEA how big each fanbase is, so it is a stupid thing to say.

Every single coupling, every single actor has a fanbase. Who's is largest, who cares??? You can't win an argument claiming your particular fanbase is bigger cause you can't measure it.

But there are Bo and Hope fans, there are Bo and Hope fans who still see the magic, the chemistry and the love.

Like I said if you don't, then switch off.

HelenM

I'm not sure who posted that Peter starring on Venice spoke volumes that he was unhappy with Days, but how about we let the actors speak for themselves instead of putting words in their mouth?

As much as some fans probably wish that Peter and Kristian don't get along or Peter and Crsytal for that matter, or that Peter would prefer Bo with Carly, the facts remain that the actor himself has says he enjoys working with both women, the actor himself has said he's happy about the storyline coming in June and that it's a good thing and that Bo and Hope have that in your marrow kind of relationship.

So don't put words in his mouth or use wishful thinking, it's disrespectful.

Taelyn

For me the best 'supercouples' are exciting in their own right, and can carry a story with or without the intended pairing all the time.
Also any and every great super couple has to be seperated from time to time just so they can find eachother again.. repeatedly to be honest.. Its the kind of romantic drama that makes them super, and leaves us all breathless.
Sometimes they are seperated by a presumed death, or miscomunication's, infidelity, other angsty and painful relationships. or mind altering drugs.. or mind control by sone kind of brain chip, or kidnapping .. the list is endless, the whole ingredient that makes it work is them finding their way back ,. to eachother.
It keeps us on the edge of our seat, rooting for our unfortunate lovers and soulmates.. And its the recipe for a true super douple..
Bope have it all in Spades, Plus they represent 2 important families that the show surrounds, They represent what the power of Love can achieve.

What needs to be focused on though are all the things that MAKE them, "Bo and Hope" a supercouple.
Because no matter how hard the writrs try. not just any 2 people have what it takes !

In the old days they did chemistry tests when they were trying to push for a supercouple.
They didnt just set out to hire 2 pretty people and decide they are soulmates, that does not work, as we have seen.. Back then they grew the relationship, taking the time and giving them ups and downs so we could fall in love right along with them.

But of course they needed Drama, seperation, pain, and other loves or attractions.. These are the needed ingredients that make the reunion scenes so special, also the looks between them.. sooooo important, and sadly a forgotten element,. They used to know how to draw in fans just with "The Look" So we were NEVER in doubt where a persons heart was.. even if that meant it was in 3 places.. I.e Roman/Marlena/John triangle.. at first she clearly both men and following her true love was a painful experience.. and it even took years for the entire truth to emerge, but the beauty was that WE always knew. Just like the John/Marlena/ Issabella triangle .. John obviously loved them both, but he loved them differently.. ut WE always knew where his true heart was. , and because we KNEW.. It gave us so much to hope for. nd so many stories and close calls for the future.

A couple didnt have to be "Together" in order for them to have a great love story, because we always knew how they truly felt inside..
Sadly DOOL does not know how to write great love and adventure stories anymore, and a good writer could do it on a budget , with all the Drama it brings with it.

Now days all we get is fast almost meaningless and empty sex.
I remember when sex (or making Love) was a HUGE payoff in a story.. usually only done in sweeps, or it took up a great deal of the story. We may have had teasers, Romantic dinners and dances.. little almost moments that made you catch your breath in anticipation, things as simple has holding hands or the touching of fingers, passionate kisses.. John carrying Marlena up the stairs, or a bedroom door closing during a passionate kiss.. But Sex was often left to our imagination and never cheapened the way it has been lately.

This is why its hard to root for couples now, they are forced and have very little chemistry.. And good couples are abvout so much more than sex.. Until we have a writer that knows that We have little chance for couples working.

Bo and Hope represent the best of what we have left.. No they are not perfect, but I dont agree that they have no stories left.. They could have some great stories its just the writing that is lacking.
Even recently after getting back together, the writers have missed huge opportunities..

So its not the actors or the couples fault.. Its definately the writing,
Edited by Taelyn, Apr 7 2011, 09:29 AM.

Taelyn

sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 07:17 PM
Fryday
Apr 3 2011, 06:42 PM
Personally, I think that if Peter was as thoroughly satisfied and happy with Days as some are implying, then he wouldn't be off doing Venice for free in his spare time. I think that speaks volumes towards him wanting the opportunity to stretch creatively, play something different and work opposite CC.
THANK YOU!!! and he has even tweeted how he CANT WAIT for Season 3!!! Speaks volumes to me too!
Frankly, he is an ACTOR first.. Why wouldnt he be excited about a new project and a whole new character ?
For that matter the entire cast is excited about doing that project, including Nadia, and Galen Gering ...
Yet I dont think its a negative reflection on how they feel about their DOOL story or pairing.
GG has made it clear he is very pro SAFE... and I dont think his Venice work changes that.
I believe PR was excited with the return of Carly, as many of us were... But I dont think he expected the story he got in that department.

I would have been totally on board if Carly's return sparked hidden feelings over a period of time, and he was confused because of how much he loves Hope, and How Hope was trying to be understanding, and even friends with Carly.. but at the same time picked up up on little things.. clues that they still had 'Something' and then she had to deal with her own insecurities, and figure out what to do and how or if she would confront it.. I could have even accepted Bo breaking down and giving in to his memories and repressed desires in a weak moment.. and then having to deal with the guilt and confusion from them BOTH.. THAT would have made a much more compelling story.. Instead they ruined Carly's return, an wasted her talent because she would have been brilliant in a well written story.
Edited by Taelyn, Apr 7 2011, 09:39 AM.

Taelyn

sporty191
mellie277
sporty191

I dont deny it .. But I do think they belong together.. I just think everything has been written terrible.. And now this reunion..

I want Bo to rent/get/borrow .. a Harley sweep, or kidnap Hope away and go somewhere like New Orleans to work things out, and truly fall back in love.. I want Music, Memories, and Romance, I want arguing, and honesty.. They need to face the problems that have pulled them apart.. And I most of all remember WHY they fell in love

Taelyn

Skatergirl_19
Apr 6 2011, 06:00 PM
bohope80s
Apr 6 2011, 11:03 AM
They might use some type of a walkie talkie today because cell phones can be traced.
Or Skype .. They could have a blast on skype , Hope and Bo could dress up or down.. Imagine the fun they could have.. and the witty sexy sexting they could do on text messages is just too funny to think about LOL

Beth
Member Avatar

I always thought that Venice was a project they were using as a backup plan for when DOOL gets taken off the air. We all know it's coming in the next 5-10 years or sooner. They all need to make money and I think they are trying to think outside of the box. The Bay is also filled with soap stars.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply