Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: At A Glance - Peter Reckell; 4/12 issue
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 08:42 PM (6,346 Views)
Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Apr 7 2011, 08:05 AM
For me the best 'supercouples' are exciting in their own right, and can carry a story with or without the intended pairing all the time.
Also any and every great super couple has to be seperated from time to time just so they can find eachother again.. repeatedly to be honest.. Its the kind of romantic drama that makes them super, and leaves us all breathless.
Sometimes they are seperated by a presumed death, or miscomunication's, infidelity, other angsty and painful relationships. or mind altering drugs.. or mind control by sone kind of brain chip, or kidnapping .. the list is endless, the whole ingredient that makes it work is them finding their way back ,. to eachother.
It keeps us on the edge of our seat, rooting for our unfortunate lovers and soulmates.. And its the recipe for a true super douple..
Bope have it all in Spades, Plus they represent 2 important families that the show surrounds, They represent what the power of Love can achieve.

What needs to be focused on though are all the things that MAKE them, "Bo and Hope" a supercouple.
Because no matter how hard the writrs try. not just any 2 people have what it takes !

In the old days they did chemistry tests when they were trying to push for a supercouple.
They didnt just set out to hire 2 pretty people and decide they are soulmates, that does not work, as we have seen.. Back then they grew the relationship, taking the time and giving them ups and downs so we could fall in love right along with them.

But of course they needed Drama, seperation, pain, and other loves or attractions.. These are the needed ingredients that make the reunion scenes so special, also the looks between them.. sooooo important, and sadly a forgotten element,. They used to know how to draw in fans just with "The Look" So we were NEVER in doubt where a persons heart was.. even if that meant it was in 3 places.. I.e Roman/Marlena/John triangle.. at first she clearly both men and following her true love was a painful experience.. and it even took years for the entire truth to emerge, but the beauty was that WE always knew. Just like the John/Marlena/ Issabella triangle .. John obviously loved them both, but he loved them differently.. ut WE always knew where his true heart was. , and because we KNEW.. It gave us so much to hope for. nd so many stories and close calls for the future.

A couple didnt have to be "Together" in order for them to have a great love story, because we always knew how they truly felt inside..
Sadly DOOL does not know how to write great love and adventure stories anymore, and a good writer could do it on a budget , with all the Drama it brings with it.

Now days all we get is fast almost meaningless and empty sex.
I remember when sex (or making Love) was a HUGE payoff in a story.. usually only done in sweeps, or it took up a great deal of the story. We may have had teasers, Romantic dinners and dances.. little almost moments that made you catch your breath in anticipation, things as simple has holding hands or the touching of fingers, passionate kisses.. John carrying Marlena up the stairs, or a bedroom door closing during a passionate kiss.. But Sex was often left to our imagination and never cheapened the way it has been lately.

This is why its hard to root for couples now, they are forced and have very little chemistry.. And good couples are abvout so much more than sex.. Until we have a writer that knows that We have little chance for couples working.

Bo and Hope represent the best of what we have left.. No they are not perfect, but I dont agree that they have no stories left.. They could have some great stories its just the writing that is lacking.
Even recently after getting back together, the writers have missed huge opportunities..

So its not the actors or the couples fault.. Its definately the writing,
Great Post and I agree! Bope are the greatest supercouple and I started watching Days in the 90's and was introduced to Bope and have loved them ever sine. I have lots of favorites on days and other soaps but Bope are my all tim favorites. This past seperation has only made me root for Bope harder.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bohope80s
Member Avatar

Taelyn that would be awesome! I wish you were doing the writing. I could just see them going back to New Orleans and fighting and making up! Getting back to where they started to see why they fell in love in the first place!!!

I like the skype idea! Again maybe you should be writing!!!

sungrey

To me, one of Days' all-time classic moments was Larry and Hope's wrecked wedding, with Bo saving Hope on the motorcycle and Howie taking the place of Hope under the bridal veil. All orchestrated by none other than Alice, who knew true love when she saw it.

THAT is what's missing from today's Days. Characters interacting together. Each story is an island.

HelenM

sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 02:14 PM
KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 02:43 AM
KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:39 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes, a big story which will last all of ten episodes.

Then, comes a summer story where we know from PR himself on twitter (the comments are posted in this thread just in case you think I'm speaking for him again) that it's not a Bo story and I can't imagine it's a Hope one so it's a story that won't even be led by them. So, they will move on with their issues still left mostly unresolved.
Um, first off, Lauren who plays Ciara is in 10 episodes in April. Peter and Kristian are in more than those episodes. Please don't base her count on theirs because that's not true. Secondly, Peter was responding to a Carbo/Bo fan question tweet (yes, I did see the tweet) and she asked if the upcoming storyline would have Bo involved in a big story? He responded this was not a Bo story, because the summer storyline is a BO and HOPE storyline. They actually started shooting that last week! It is not a backburnner one.

Like I said. If you choose to stick with Bo and Hope during the upcoming April story, you will see alot more dealt with during the Ciara running away story. This may appear to be a rushed reunion because they sleep together next Friday, but there is ALOT more to come! :)
ummm the tweet was to me and he NOWHERE did he say it was a Bope story!! Just that he would be working more!
I saw the tweet but do you also read his articles or just his tweets, cause he does infer that it is a Bo and Hope story.

As a fan, if Peter is happy with the story then so am I. And whether you are happy with the storyline or not you can't deny that Peter is happy, he certainly sounds it.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Taelyn
Apr 7 2011, 08:22 AM
sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 07:17 PM
Fryday
Apr 3 2011, 06:42 PM
Personally, I think that if Peter was as thoroughly satisfied and happy with Days as some are implying, then he wouldn't be off doing Venice for free in his spare time. I think that speaks volumes towards him wanting the opportunity to stretch creatively, play something different and work opposite CC.
THANK YOU!!! and he has even tweeted how he CANT WAIT for Season 3!!! Speaks volumes to me too!
Frankly, he is an ACTOR first.. Why wouldnt he be excited about a new project and a whole new character ?
For that matter the entire cast is excited about doing that project, including Nadia, and Galen Gering ...
Yet I dont think its a negative reflection on how they feel about their DOOL story or pairing.
GG has made it clear he is very pro SAFE... and I dont think his Venice work changes that.
I believe PR was excited with the return of Carly, as many of us were... But I dont think he expected the story he got in that department.

I would have been totally on board if Carly's return sparked hidden feelings over a period of time, and he was confused because of how much he loves Hope, and How Hope was trying to be understanding, and even friends with Carly.. but at the same time picked up up on little things.. clues that they still had 'Something' and then she had to deal with her own insecurities, and figure out what to do and how or if she would confront it.. I could have even accepted Bo breaking down and giving in to his memories and repressed desires in a weak moment.. and then having to deal with the guilt and confusion from them BOTH.. THAT would have made a much more compelling story.. Instead they ruined Carly's return, an wasted her talent because she would have been brilliant in a well written story.
They botched up CC/Carly return.

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

HelenM
Apr 8 2011, 04:48 AM
sporty191
Apr 3 2011, 02:14 PM
KathyRon
Apr 3 2011, 02:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 3 2011, 02:43 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Um, first off, Lauren who plays Ciara is in 10 episodes in April. Peter and Kristian are in more than those episodes. Please don't base her count on theirs because that's not true. Secondly, Peter was responding to a Carbo/Bo fan question tweet (yes, I did see the tweet) and she asked if the upcoming storyline would have Bo involved in a big story? He responded this was not a Bo story, because the summer storyline is a BO and HOPE storyline. They actually started shooting that last week! It is not a backburnner one.

Like I said. If you choose to stick with Bo and Hope during the upcoming April story, you will see alot more dealt with during the Ciara running away story. This may appear to be a rushed reunion because they sleep together next Friday, but there is ALOT more to come! :)
ummm the tweet was to me and he NOWHERE did he say it was a Bope story!! Just that he would be working more!
I saw the tweet but do you also read his articles or just his tweets, cause he does infer that it is a Bo and Hope story.

As a fan, if Peter is happy with the story then so am I. And whether you are happy with the storyline or not you can't deny that Peter is happy, he certainly sounds it.
Great post and I read the article and the tweets and yes he does sound happy about Bope's upcomming story.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

This is from my SOW Weekly email for subscribers of the magazine.

Quote:

•From West Coast Editor Robert Waldron: It's mid-April and DAYS has already piqued my curiosity about its big storyline planned for Bo and Hope. The show tapes several weeks in advance, so the cast is already shooting episodes leading into the summer. DAYS keeps a tight lid on storyline specifics, but in recent interviews with both Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Peter Reckell (Bo), the actors have expressed enthusiasm about what's coming up. From what I've been able to gather, Bo and Hope's story will be far-reaching and involve several characters. I'm looking forward to watching it unfold!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, I'll have to say...it's a nice respite from the EJamafeaylorole debates. :popcorn:

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Apr 8 2011, 04:51 PM
This is from my SOW Weekly email for subscribers of the magazine.

Quote:

•From West Coast Editor Robert Waldron: It's mid-April and DAYS has already piqued my curiosity about its big storyline planned for Bo and Hope. The show tapes several weeks in advance, so the cast is already shooting episodes leading into the summer. DAYS keeps a tight lid on storyline specifics, but in recent interviews with both Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Peter Reckell (Bo), the actors have expressed enthusiasm about what's coming up. From what I've been able to gather, Bo and Hope's story will be far-reaching and involve several characters. I'm looking forward to watching it unfold!
I can't wait for more Bope and thier story!

HelenM

Just to let you know that Peter tweeted that he'd been working heaps and hadn't had so much fun in ages. So to all those who thought he was clearly unhappy at Days, I think the actor has now spoken for himself.

He's happy with the storyline and he's having fun.

Skatergirl_19
Member Avatar

HelenM
Apr 9 2011, 10:21 AM
Just to let you know that Peter tweeted that he'd been working heaps and hadn't had so much fun in ages. So to all those who thought he was clearly unhappy at Days, I think the actor has now spoken for himself.

He's happy with the storyline and he's having fun.
Exactly, he said he ha been having a lot of fun!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply