Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: You Asked, He Answered; James Scott Q&A
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 08:59 PM (7,388 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

James Scott responds to questions posed on www.soapoperadigest.com.

James, please tell us if you have re-signed and will stay with DAYS? Thank you!

James: I have not re-signed, but we have agreed to all the terms.

1.) Do you think it's possible for EJ and Sami to have a real relationship where both of them are happy to be together? 2.) Is there any actor/actress you'd like EJ to interact with more in Salem?

James: 1.) It's possible. You never know. The writers seem to be going pretty heavy for the story with Sami/Rafe, but it's a soap opera and things never stay constant for too long. 2.) Are you kidding? Anyone other than the four actors that I only ever interact with.

With so little rehearsal time, how do you and Arianne Zucker deliver such amazing, flawless performances? You work so well together!

James: With Ari, in particular, we just have one of those really fantastic connections with each other that allows us to work off each other really well. We're lucky. It's something that you can't really create, but we have a good friendship and we get on really well off camera.

In the four-plus years of playing Elvis DiMera, what has been your favorite storyline?

James: The baby switch story. It went on for two years and I loved it. There were so many twists and turns, and everybody had such a valid point of view in that story and I was really grateful to be given the opportunity to work with suck strong material and such loaded situations. And to work with Ari and Ali, and Galen through all of that was just fantastic.

How long do you prep before filming a scene?

James: Typically, I arrive fairly early because I want to avoid traffic because I live out of town. I usually arrive at 6-6:30, so I have a little bit of time to go over some lines. But I make sure that I always know all my lines before I arrive at the studio because I think it's very difficult to learn things and have them be fresh if you hadn't learned them at least 24 hours before. We go into blocking with the directors at 7:45, which takes an hour, where we go through the various different sets and look at the movement that will take place in those sets, and then we tape. We go through that movement one more time for the cameras and then we tape it. It moves very, very quickly. If you add up the time I spent in front of the camera and in front of the camera blocking or on the set, that's a fraction of the time I spend on the script. The majority of work takes place at home.

What clip did you decide to submit for the Emmys?

James: I decided to submit the scene where EJ thinks about shooting himself, then Sami actually shoots him in the end.

If you have a concern about the script, with whom do you discuss those concerns -- Gary Tomlin, the writing team, other actors in the proposed team?

James: Well, it's a chain of command. If you have a concern with the script -- it doesn't happen very often -- but sometimes, as an actor, you can find concerns in the script and sometimes they're because of legitimate issues related to story or writing or sometimes they're just because you haven't been able to get a grasp yourself of what the writer is trying to communicate. Whichever way, you have to get a resolution. So, I always talk to my castmates first. For example, this morning, I had a script that I had some questions about. I was talking to Johnny in it. I don't have a 5-year old son and I was reading this dialogue and I didn't feel line it was necessarily appropriate for a father talking to his 5-year old son. I went to the mothers on the show and I said, "Would you talk to your 5-year old son like this?" And they said yes, and so I thought, "Okay. Now I know."

Do you think EJ and Nicole's arrangement can develop into a real marriage with love and trust despite Taylor lurking?

James: I do. I think that these two have great potential as a couple, and I think they'd be an incredibly interesting couple to see because she's tough as boots and she knows his shit, and if they really put aside everything between them and were able to get on together, they'd be a force to be reckoned with because they're a couple of very powerful characters. They would have a lot of sympathy and patience with a lot of the challenges that other people find difficult.

You previously said that EJ need a friend. What kind of friend would you like for him?

James: Any friend. He just needs a friend. That's one of the reasons I keep coming back to the relationship with Nicole. She can be his friend. He can be himself. That's what he needs. The relationship with Kate was like that. He could have that relationship with Phillip. Anybody he doesn't have to pretend to be someone he's not with. I think it's incredibly valuable and it's disappointing that he doesn't have that.

You have worked with quite a few of your siblings: Lexie, Benji, Tony and now Chad. Which of your presumed dead/dead siblings would you like to share the screen with?

James: Thaao. Inarguably. I really feel that Thaao's a big loss for the show. He's a wonderful actor. I felt he was one of the most compelling, dynamic characters to watch. He could be incredibly fun and charming and romantic and endearing with Anna, and at the same time he was a wonderful villain and a brother to EJ and a friend. he was able to have conversations with EJ as a man who had not always been so clean cut.

Courtesy of Forbidden Love.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mellie277
Member Avatar

great answers from James.......and we miss Thaao too..... :wub: and I think he made the right choice about his emmy submission, those scenes were really really good.......
Edited by mellie277, Mar 30 2011, 09:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 30 2011, 08:59 PM
1.) Do you think it's possible for EJ and Sami to have a real relationship where both of them are happy to be together? 2.) Is there any actor/actress you'd like EJ to interact with more in Salem?

James: 1.) It's possible. You never know. The writers seem to be going pretty heavy for the story with Sami/Rafe, but it's a soap opera and things never stay constant for too long. 2.) Are you kidding? Anyone other than the four actors that I only ever interact with.

THANK YOU!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

that's confusing phraseology on that one!

Criss33
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting!!!!

If they have agreed to all the terms when is he going to re-sign his contract or is he waiting till closer to the end of this current contract???? What could some of the reasons he has not signed yet???? :-/

Soon James soon, EJ will have someone new to interact with and her name is Tamara in the role of Taylor :rockon:
Edited by Criss33, Mar 30 2011, 09:09 PM.

mellie277
Member Avatar

Criss33
Mar 30 2011, 09:07 PM

If they have agreed to all the terms when is he going to re-sign his contract or is he waiting till closer to the end of this current contract???? What could some of the reasons he has not signed yet???? :-/
maybe that is part of their process......knock out the terms, agree and then you go in and sign......either way, it sounds like he is not going anywhere :cheer:

Criss33
Member Avatar

mellie277
Mar 30 2011, 09:09 PM
Criss33
Mar 30 2011, 09:07 PM

maybe that is part of their process......knock out the terms, agree and then you go in and sign......either way, it sounds like he is not going anywhere :cheer:
Thanks Mellie!!! I am very, very happy he is not going anywhere :cheer: :cheer: because he is and was the only reason i start and i watch DOOL.
Edited by Criss33, Mar 30 2011, 09:12 PM.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

I am happy for my Ejole friends, sounds good for them! I think JS does love working with Ari so much--and they are best when together.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

With so little rehearsal time, how do you and Arianne Zucker deliver such amazing, flawless performances? You work so well together!

James: With Ari, in particular, we just have one of those really fantastic connections with each other that allows us to work off each other really well. We're lucky. It's something that you can't really create, but we have a good friendship and we get on really well off camera.

ITA....theyre so natural!

Quote:

In the four-plus years of playing Elvis DiMera, what has been your favorite storyline?

James: The baby switch story. It went on for two years and I loved it. There were so many twists and turns, and everybody had such a valid point of view in that story and I was really grateful to be given the opportunity to work with suck strong material and such loaded situations. And to work with Ari and Ali, and Galen through all of that was just fantastic.

ITA...it had a direction, good writing and mostly lead by a good actress- AZ!

Quote:

Do you think EJ and Nicole's arrangement can develop into a real marriage with love and trust despite Taylor lurking?

James: I do. I think that these two have great potential as a couple, and I think they'd be an incredibly interesting couple to see because she's tough as boots and she knows his shit, and if they really put aside everything between them and were able to get on together, they'd be a force to be reckoned with because they're a couple of very powerful characters. They would have a lot of sympathy and patience with a lot of the challenges that other people find difficult.

Great potential...exactly, its right there, I dont know why TPTB are afraid to give them the green light. They have proven in the past that they have worked (even in not so great conditions.)

Quote:

You previously said that EJ need a friend. What kind of friend would you like for him?

James: Any friend. He just needs a friend. That's one of the reasons I keep coming back to the relationship with Nicole. She can be his friend. He can be himself. That's what he needs. The relationship with Kate was like that. He could have that relationship with Phillip. Anybody he doesn't have to pretend to be someone he's not with. I think it's incredibly valuable and it's disappointing that he doesn't have that.

Yep, Nicole has been the only one that has accepted him twice...dont know if there will be a second time though. EJ has really fucked up now.

Thanks for posing.
Edited by Liz<3Days, Mar 30 2011, 09:23 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

It does look like the focus is shifting as we suspected from Taylor to Nicole.

Oh and it looks like he might have agreed to an extension of his current contract....

Oh and that was a good scene for Emmy consideration...IMHO it was his best scene as long as he stops before he puts the gun to his head.....the lead up was good.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Mar 30 2011, 09:29 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

tfp!
I caught the article on FL and you are SOOOOO missing the sexy body shot when he was in Cambodia. If I could get my mind right to remember how to cut and paste I'd get it over here. It might take a while.
But other than that...
I really liked the interview. One thing James is known for is his honesty and I appreciate the good relationship he has with other actors like AZ, JM, LK, AS, etc. It shows a lot in the scenes and good chemistry for whatever it's for makes things a lot easier to watch.
Also, I love the choice for the emmy reel. They were really good.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Finally an interview of JS's that isn't blowing smoke!
Love how he says that Nicole knows his shit...I say that all the time...and she still likes they guy!
I agree EJ and Nicole could be a force to be reckoned with! Get er done, James!

Thanks for posting!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 30 2011, 09:33 PM
tfp!
I caught the article on FL and you are SOOOOO missing the sexy body shot when he was in Cambodia. If I could get my mind right to remember how to cut and paste I'd get it over here. It might take a while.
But other than that...
I really liked the interview. One thing James is known for is his honesty and I appreciate the good relationship he has with other actors like AZ, JM, LK, AS, etc. It shows a lot in the scenes and good chemistry for whatever it's for makes things a lot easier to watch.
Posted Image

mellie277
Member Avatar

Casey
Mar 30 2011, 09:39 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 30 2011, 09:33 PM
tfp!
But other than that...
Posted Image
I think JB is gonna love you forever now :lol:

HOT pic :wub:

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I am loving the ejole comments. Nicole is the one he needs to be with, run fast and far away from Taylor Ej, now!

As for Ej and Sami, not bloody likely when she finds out what he has done with Rafe 2. H e has moved another man into her bed that she did not consent to. I think that is just James giving hope he has no business giving.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 30 2011, 09:23 PM

Oh and it looks like he might have agreed to an extension of his current contract....

Oh and that was a good scene for Emmy consideration...IMHO it was his best scene as long as he stops before he puts the gun to his head.....the lead up was good.
I do think that they are headed toward Ejole too. In recent interviews, JS keeps stressing the need for EJ to be with someone who accepts him for who he is, whereas a few months ago, he was saying how he would be excited for EJ to explore a relationship with someone new. JS does a nice job of subtley telegraphing where the story is going without out-and-out spoiling the whole story.

Deleted User
Deleted User

tomsawyer
Mar 30 2011, 09:51 PM
LuvingLumi

I do think that they are headed toward Ejole too. In recent interviews, JS keeps stressing the need for EJ to be with someone who accepts him for who he is, whereas a few months ago, he was saying how he would be excited for EJ to explore a relationship with someone new. JS does a nice job of subtley telegraphing where the story is going without out-and-out spoiling the whole story.
I really hope it's headed for Ejole. To me Ejole make a heck of a lot more sense than Ejaylor ever did, regardless of whether TB is playing the role or not. For me it's not just the lack of chemistry between NL and JS it's the horrible writing also.
Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Tabbie
Mar 30 2011, 09:59 PM
tomsawyer
LuvingLumi

I really hope it's headed for Ejole. To me Ejole make a heck of a lot more sense than Ejaylor ever did, regardless of whether TB is playing the role or not. For me it's not just the lack of chemistry between NL and JS it's the horrible writing also.
I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Ejami, but since TPTB have destroyed my 'ship, I'd much rather see Ejole than Ejaylor. But then again, I'd have to watch Days to see either and that doesn't seem to be happening much lately.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I think this was an outstanding interview! :wub:

Thanks for the hot pic JB!

This gives me more hope that the story may indeed shift to a fatal attraction type thing with Taylor & Ejole as the "root for" couple.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

tomsawyer
LuvingLumi

I agree that it looks like we're heading toward EJole. It's almost striking how there is no mention of the character of Taylor whatsoever. I'm guessing TPTB realized almost immediately the EJaylor story was a bomb and the new direction for Taylor is to have her go BSC when Nicole finds out and leaves EJ - and EJ realizes he wants Nicole instead and sets about pursuing her. Or maybe they drop it even faster than that and Taylor just moves out of his story all together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply