Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: You Asked, He Answered; James Scott Q&A
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 08:59 PM (7,441 Views)
Criss33
Member Avatar

mellie277
Mar 30 2011, 11:06 PM
Liz<3Days
Mar 30 2011, 11:03 PM
mellie277
Mar 30 2011, 11:01 PM
Liz<3Days
Mar 30 2011, 10:57 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
we have to negate everything we have seen before for most of the sl now anyway.........
The acting yes...but the writing is still shitty, why is that going to change?
because once a pair of actors click they can make bad writing bearable......as opposed to full on torture like now.......
:hail:

Exactly, most actors and actress on the show right now are getting shitty writing but because some are better actors than others and some have good working chemistry with others they do make this show watchable like Mellie said. I think bad writing is not going away any day soon but the actors have to sell this writing and make us the viewers want to tune in and watch that is why the show needs good actors now more than ever.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Criss33
Mar 30 2011, 11:30 PM
Liz<3Days
Mar 30 2011, 10:57 PM
Criss33
Mar 30 2011, 10:43 PM
Liz<3Days
Mar 30 2011, 10:33 PM
Its not like we havent seen JS and TB interact before? It wasnt this amazing chemistry that everyone stopped and said...HEY, why dont they pair Ava and EJ? I thought they had chemistry and at the time (I wasnt on MBs) I thought why not a Ava/EJ/Nicole triangle?

Now, we have poor TB stuck in a role thats poorly written instead of coming back in a role where, as Ava, she knew of the "evils" of a family like the DiMeras. It would fit the "EJ needs someone that accepts" him pairing. As Easy Lay Tay, (who's saving orphans/decrying the bad Titan business practices to one that wants EJ to leave Nicole be with him/being OK w/Titan now,) she's given such a bad starting point.

I'm not going to say that EJole is coming because I have been burned before. I'm taking a "wait and not see DAYS" approach.
I think that is what the change of direction will be is that TB will play Taylor differently than NL in that she will be much stronger (Not evil, but gray character) a kind of character that can fight Stefano but still has a good heart the kind of character that has a strong back bone, more business minded not weak the way NL's been playing her. That is what James said in last interview that TB has taken the role and owned it. I think the nu-Taylor will be smart, strong, great business minded but not evil more gray to match EJ and stand up to Stefano when need be. I think that is what the writers want Taylor to be from the begining but NL made her look wak and wimpy.
That may be the case...but then they want us to negate everything else we saw and it was too much IMO that TB will have to sell. I didnt think they would write Ejaylor in such a shitty way- congrats DAYS!
Bad writing mixed in with a horrible (IMO) acting from NL, it didn't help EJaylor at all. Yes TB will have a big job ahead of her selling back EAYLOR to the viewers who already hate Ejaylor because of NL and bad writing, but if there is one actress who could that, it will have to be TB she is great actress(she did it with Carly on GH) and if she has a good chemistry with James (EJ) i think they will start winning back the viewers one by one again it it will be EJAYLOR all revamped and much Hotter and better people will forget that NL was ever in the role it will be like a new start for the couple. i think alot of people have already to moved on to TB's Taylor and the New EJAYLOR.
How can people move on if most who watch DAYS are not reading the message boards or buy SOD/SOW? They havent shared any scenes on screen. There's been no hint that they havent stopped promoting this version of Ejaylor. They just had the promo last week. We know that TPTB have changed the direction and actress, but those who are not online dont know that yet.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

He could have that relationship with Phillip.

Aw, James is sad about Pelvis too. ;)

But seriously, I loved EJ and Philip as friends/frenemies. They should have kept going in that direction and let these two men be friends. The only people they have to confide in is their fathers, and Philip's not speaking to his half the time.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good interview.

I agree with him that EJ could use a friend. I still think Kate is the best option. I love their banter and the way they seem to get each other.

I'm always one to be open to anything but EJ and Nicole IMO are still the best possible long-term match. They have the chemistry and AZ brings out the best in him. It works for both characters and they can easily be a leading couple on this show. I love TB and I do remember her and JS having chemistry but the way this Taylor/EJ stuff has been written, it's DOA unless they take Taylor down a "bad girl" path once TB gets here.

Tibi
Member Avatar

I really loved the comments on Ejole! :) He is so right, Ej & Nicole are so right for each other. Nicole knows him like nobody else does, and is the only one that can challenge him & be his equal. I really hope this means more scenes between Ejole those are the few scenes I can actually sit through.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Kenny C blew EJaylor out of the water by telling the audience they were the bestest, neatest, most in love a couple could be at first sight and then making Taylor a 'good two shoes'. It was doomed then and since the character is so new, having her change direction drastically is a certain road to crazy and then off screen.

It's disappointing that the seeds of decent stories are everywhere but tptb have no idea how to cultivate them.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

If TPTB are serious about EJole, I'm all in. In all honesty, I'm all for EJami because of AS/JS' chemistry, but the EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle and/or storyline in any configuration is a nightmare I can do without. I'm a performance fan first, and while I believe AS and JS have both sexual and acting chemistry, the remaining 3rd of the trio leaves me rolling my eyes and wanting to pull an Elvis on my T.V. So, yeah, please remove EJ from that horror and head him in the direction of EJole. As mentioned above, AZ brings out JS' best. There is a powerhouse vibe they give off when in scenes together. JS is right about needing a love interest that doesn't want to change him, but accepts him, "flaws" and all, and that can be Nicole. My favorite scenes that gave a hint as to how powerful this couple could be, are the one involving Stefano's kidnapping at the hands of Victor. Nicole was EJ's confidant, advisor, and calm in the storm when he was at his emotional and wits’ end. Plus – on a shallow note - JS and AZ’s physiques really compliment one another.
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 31 2011, 07:12 AM.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

badaddiction
Mar 31 2011, 06:39 AM
If TPTB are serious about EJole, I'm all in. In all honesty, I'm all for EJami because of AS/JS' chemistry, but the EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle and/or storyline in any configuration is a nightmare I can do without. I'm a performance fan first, and while I believe AS and JS have both sexual and acting chemistry, the remaining 3rd of the trio leaves me rolling my eyes and wanting to pull an Elvis on my T.V. So, yeah, please remove EJ from that horror and head him in the direction of EJole. As mentioned above, AZ brings out JS' best. There is a powerhouse vibe they give off when in scenes together. JS is right about needing a love interest that doesn't want to change him, but accepts him, "flaws" and all, and that can be Nicole. My favorite scenes that gave a hint as to how powerful this couple could be, are the one involving Stefano's kidnapping at the hands of Victor. Nicole was EJ's confidant, advisor, and calm in the storm when he was at his emotional and wits’ end. Plus – on a shallow note - JS and AZ’s physiques really compliment one another.
I think if Ej does realize he loves Nicole it will be explosive. He will, for the first time in his life have love. Nicole does accept him for who he is and doesn't try and make him change.

What concerns me is what will happen when all this comes out about Rafe and Rafe 2. He is having the mother of his children raped by a stranger. He took her husband away and has been trying to erase his memory. Now, say what folks Will about Rafe 1, he never was mean to Allie nor Ej's kid's. Prove me one instance where he was mean to either Johnny or Sydney.
I'm not even going as far back as trying to adopt Grace. I am talking about the here and now. From what I can see as of the past year, Rafe did everything for Sami and her kids. Why Ej would replace Rafe 1 with a total strange that could potentially hurt his kids is beyond me.

Ejole have it in spades. Nicole cares about both Ej and the kids.

I think James was as usual giving hope where he shouldn't bc it's never going to happen. GG is Tomlin's pet, he will get the girl. So I don't believe James when he says there is hope for Ej and Sami. Those two are toxic and they do not need to be together. We have already been around the mulberry bush with them many times and the monkey and the weasel just need to stop torturing the fans as well as each other and their kids.

Co parent your kids but leave each other alone.

Ejole is where its at. Ari Zucker and James have the chemistry....

Ej and Sami have the throw up factor!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

mellie277
Mar 30 2011, 09:42 PM
Casey
Mar 30 2011, 09:39 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 30 2011, 09:33 PM
tfp!
I caught the article on FL and you are SOOOOO missing the sexy body shot when he was in Cambodia. If I could get my mind right to remember how to cut and paste I'd get it over here. It might take a while.
But other than that...
I really liked the interview. One thing James is known for is his honesty and I appreciate the good relationship he has with other actors like AZ, JM, LK, AS, etc. It shows a lot in the scenes and good chemistry for whatever it's for makes things a lot easier to watch.
Also, I love the choice for the emmy reel. They were really good.
Posted Image
I think JB is gonna love you forever now :lol:

HOT pic :wub:
I think I do love her forever! :smooch: Thanks for doing this for me. I hate my new computer. That's all I'm gonna say.... :laugh:

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I pretty much agree with everything but he is making me nervous on the first question. James please just say you are going to resign, because if you walk out, than I can finally give this show my walking papers ;)

That is probably the thing I want for Ej to, but who would be friends with him? As much as I love him,he is a monster, he better be glad he has his family.

Did anyone get the impression that he is tired of the questions relating to Sami? maybe it`s just me I don`t blame you man :shame: He made it clear that he wants to work with other people and he is not against a possible Ejole reunion.

So he submitted the shooting scene? I have mixed emotions about that, it was a strong performance but it was a bit dramatic but hope he wins.

That is one thing i love about James, he tell you like it is, he does not sugar coat anything. I am guessing johnny was saying something that he thought was pretty odd for a five year old.

I agree with most of the things he says, rock on James you are my favorite actor & Ej is the best character on the show in my eyes :rockon:

mellie277
Member Avatar

bryandattilofan
Mar 31 2011, 09:27 AM
I think James was as usual giving hope where he shouldn't bc it's never going to happen. GG is Tomlin's pet, he will get the girl. So I don't believe James when he says there is hope for Ej and Sami. Those two are toxic and they do not need to be together. We have already been around the mulberry bush with them many times and the monkey and the weasel just need to stop torturing the fans as well as each other and their kids.

James' statement is more accurate than this IMO.......he was not giving hope where there is none, he flat out said where they are going now and like he said.....THINGS CHANGE!!!!! and they very well do......who would have thought a year ago that EJ would even allow himself to be near Nicole again let alone marry her and sleeping with her while trying to bang her sister on the side.......THINGS CHANGE.......So GG may be Tomlin's pet, but who knows, luck may strike and the present crew get the can and when a new EP comes in he values acting skills over golf and we may actually have a viable show on our hands........

nothing is set in stone and what is toxic to you would be great once given the chance and done right by others!!!!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yeah - I agree that I didn't really see his EJami comment as giving hope when he shouldn't, only because he was pretty clear that it's obvious they are going with the Safe pairing but like anything else, you can 'never say never'. He's not saying it's on the horizon or even likely - just that you can never rule it out.

I'm not aware of any EJami fans that are latching on to that comment as 'hope'.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

bryandattilofan
badaddiction
I think if Ej does realize he loves Nicole it will be explosive. He will, for the first time in his life have love. Nicole does accept him for who he is and doesn't try and make him change.

What concerns me is what will happen when all this comes out about Rafe and Rafe 2. He is having the mother of his children raped by a stranger. He took her husband away and has been trying to erase his memory. Now, say what folks Will about Rafe 1, he never was mean to Allie nor Ej's kid's. Prove me one instance where he was mean to either Johnny or Sydney.
I'm not even going as far back as trying to adopt Grace. I am talking about the here and now. From what I can see as of the past year, Rafe did everything for Sami and her kids. Why Ej would replace Rafe 1 with a total strange that could potentially hurt his kids is beyond me.

I thought this was one of James' better interviews, b/c he came across as real in his thoughts about the show and the characters.
I love Ejole-- Nicole accepts EJ for who and what he is. She knows his faults and misgivings and is accepting of them. That is something Sami has never and will never be able to do which is one big reason, IMO, that Ejami is a fail. Sami has always tried to change EJ and make him into the man she wants him to be, not accept him for the man he is. Nicole doesn't do that which is why they exude chemistry and can be friends as well as lovers and spouses. I believe James sees that as well, and they do make a striking couple onscreen.

I agree that JS shouldn't give any hope of ejami at this point. After all that has happened with Rafe1 and 2, I am doubting they would go there anytime in the near future, and I believe that AS said much the same thing--- it's a soap, so never say never. That to me means, no, in a nice way.

I am wondering if Nicole won't support the Rafe1 and 2 deal seeing as it keeps Rafe away from the kids and Sami a broken woman. I think the hitch will come when she realizes that b/c of Rafe2, her mother is dead/in a coma and EJ is at least partly responsible for that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I want t to see what Tamara brings to this role.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

bryandattilofan
badaddiction

I really don't care what he's doing to Sami, as she shot him in the head and left him to die. So, hopefully Nicole will understand EJ's part in and indifference to what's happening to Sami.

In regards to Rafe, he's just as culpable as Sami in regards to trying to replace EJ as the primary father figure in her children's lives. So, if EJ has to make a couple of tough calls to ensure his role/place in his children's lives, I say more power to him. He's a DiMera. I've always loved the bad boys and inherent in that is accepting who they are and no attempts at whitewashing their actions.

lagirl

Alligato
Mar 30 2011, 09:38 PM
Finally an interview of JS's that isn't blowing smoke!
Love how he says that Nicole knows his shit...I say that all the time...and she still likes they guy!
I agree EJ and Nicole could be a force to be reckoned with! Get er done, James!

Thanks for posting!
JMO, but if Nicole likes EJ anyway you would think he would have told her about the guy in the basement. Must not be too sure of her.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

As for the ejole discussion here's my 2 cents...
I'm an ejami lover through and through. That's not going to change. But with the shooting to the head and sleeping with dopplegangers I really I don't like where they are going with them and I hate it :soapbox: . Also they are making Sami deplorable and Nicole more bearable to watch out of the two. I also cannot ignore that have shown Nik to be more considerate towards the children, even giving up her relationship with Brady to be with them. In the beginning I thought it was creepy but they have smoothed that out now so I'm ok... kinda. I always saw EJ and Nicole being more of themselves when they were fighting so I liked them more when they hated each other (like when EJ was taunting her during hope s/l. LOVED IT!). I like my characters to be themselves whether its smart, cunning, the whole enchilada and Nicole IMO turns into a stepford wife and loses her wits when she is with EJ. I don't know why they do it because it's not impossible to keep your personality once you get hitched but consider the writers we are working with. They are doing the same shit with Sami when she is with Rafe IMO but that is a discussion more suitable in the AS storytelling thread :laugh: . I do see that EJ can be more himself with Nicole good or bad and she could be a good friend. Those are refreshing changes for him but IMO there are too many negatives to balance that out:

-Nicole doesn't act like herself. It's like she left her common sense at the door.
-Nicole is not EJ's first choice. She's either a means to an end or chosen because Sami isn't available.
-EJ usually treats her like shit. He treats everyone like shit at a certain point but with Nicole I feel like he thinks he can get away with anything and it's ok and it's not. First time around he acted like he was on roid rage, the second was controlling her life and treating her like a prisoner then trying to get with her sister.

I don't want that for her. That and the writers are stupid. I'm not comparing it with ejami because they have own set of issues that are fucked up. This is just how I feel about ejole.
But will ejole be enjoyable for me? Maybe it depends on these writers. AZ and JS do have chemistry so it helps sell whatever dialogue they are doing together. If they are going for ejole they better make it good because they have ruined too much potential pairings on purpose or by accident who knows (I'm still pissy over ejami if you haven't noticed...) and they will have to address my issues with them for me to be ok with it as well. Plus, I don't think I'm going to like ejaylor even with TB at the helm. They have rushed it too much for me to take it seriously. The only way they can salvage it is for her to go Fatal Attraction on him. That would be fun.

As for if they will be going for ejole in the future judging by the article, Idk. I didn't think the questions were eluding to them going to ejole because they were fan questions and I'm assuming that they were chosen at random or which ones were the most interesting or suited what was currently on screen. I know JS has a history of alluding to the next s/l without just saying what will happen so I haven't written out that possibility completely.

lagirl

bryandattilofan
badaddiction

The one time rafe was mean to Johnny and Sidney was when he denied them access to their real father, EJ Dimera. He was not even allowed to see them when it could have been arranged for him to see them say at the spd.

mellie277
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Mar 31 2011, 10:12 AM
I agree that JS shouldn't give any hope of ejami at this point. After all that has happened with Rafe1 and 2, I am doubting they would go there anytime in the near future, and I believe that AS said much the same thing--- it's a soap, so never say never. That to me means, no, in a nice way.

So how can it be BOTH him giving hope and saying No in a nice way :huh:

mellie277
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 31 2011, 10:19 AM
Also they are making Sami deplorable and Nicole more bearable to watch out of the two. I also cannot ignore that have shown Nik to be more considerate towards the children, even giving up her relationship with Brady to be with them.
Sami cannot spare a moment for her kids while Nicole wins the prize for mother of the year........this is very deliberate IMO!!!!! Sami may wax lyrical 'my chuldren' till kingdom come, her actions show differently.........

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply