Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: You Asked, He Answered; James Scott Q&A
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 08:59 PM (7,463 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

lagirl
Mar 31 2011, 10:18 AM
Alligato
Mar 30 2011, 09:38 PM
Finally an interview of JS's that isn't blowing smoke!
Love how he says that Nicole knows his shit...I say that all the time...and she still likes they guy!
I agree EJ and Nicole could be a force to be reckoned with! Get er done, James!

Thanks for posting!
JMO, but if Nicole likes EJ anyway you would think he would have told her about the guy in the basement. Must not be too sure of her.
Maybe he does? You never know....

The best thing for Ej to do at this point is to come totally clean with Nicole at least on THAT account.....he could keep his feelings for easy lay Tay to himself FOR NOW.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beth
Member Avatar

I am a convert from the EJAmi camp to the EJole camp. I have seen the magic with them and I am really tired of Sami and Rafe. I always liked Sami but now I just find her irritating.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 31 2011, 10:45 AM
magicsteacher
Mar 31 2011, 10:39 AM
mellie277
Mar 31 2011, 10:22 AM
magicsteacher
Mar 31 2011, 10:12 AM
I agree that JS shouldn't give any hope of ejami at this point. After all that has happened with Rafe1 and 2, I am doubting they would go there anytime in the near future, and I believe that AS said much the same thing--- it's a soap, so never say never. That to me means, no, in a nice way.

So how can it be BOTH him giving hope and saying No in a nice way :huh:
I think JS was trying not to rule out Ejami ever being on the screen again, which is a form of hope, just like AS saying "it's a soap, so never say never". Neither of them wanted to rule out Ejami ever again, which is to me, a form of hope. IMO, tho, it really was a nice way of both of them saying, "no" without really coming right out and saying it and further alienating a fanbase.
But how would you have any of the actors answer a question like that? Should JS have said flat out it will never happen to avoid being accused of 'giving hope'? None of them are writing the show so they can't declare with certainty that something will never happen. I thought it was a pretty standard answer that you'd hear from any actor in a similar situation.
ITA. On top of that, if he were to say they will never go with Ejami again, JS is likely to be wrong IMO. As he said, soaps tend to run in cycles and this is clearly the wash Safe cycle right now. But there are also limited numbers of 30-something actors on this show that aren't related to each other, so saying that they will never go with Ejami is just not something that I would bet on. Will they do it anytime soon? I highly doubt it. But, odds are that it will happen at some point. And if the ratings continue to slide, we may end up with a new EP and (fingers crossed) HW, and who knows what the hell they will do?

Criss33
Member Avatar

lagirl
Mar 31 2011, 10:27 AM
Bella01
Mar 31 2011, 12:55 AM
I really loved the comments on Ejole! :) He is so right, Ej & Nicole are so right for each other. Nicole knows him like nobody else does, and is the only one that can challenge him & be his equal. I really hope this means more scenes between Ejole those are the few scenes I can actually sit through.
EJ will be fine for Nicole until she finds someone who has more money than he does. Notice she was hot for brady until titan got into trouble.
Yeah maybe the new guy Quinn i think his name is, then Nicole will be in a trianle with her bff Chloe and the new guy.

daisy132

Liz<3Days
Mar 30 2011, 10:33 PM
Its not like we havent seen JS and TB interact before? It wasnt this amazing chemistry that everyone stopped and said...HEY, why dont they pair Ava and EJ? I thought they had chemistry and at the time (I wasnt on MBs) I thought why not a Ava/EJ/Nicole triangle?

Now, we have poor TB stuck in a role thats poorly written instead of coming back in a role where, as Ava, she knew of the "evils" of a family like the DiMeras. It would fit the "EJ needs someone that accepts" him pairing. As Easy Lay Tay, (who's saving orphans/decrying the bad Titan business practices to one that wants EJ to leave Nicole be with him/being OK w/Titan now,) she's given such a bad starting point.

I'm not going to say that EJole is coming because I have been burned before. I'm taking a "wait and not see DAYS" approach.
Actually, I was hoping for EJ and Ava when she was on. I thought it ridiculous that they put her with John - she was perfect for EJ: she was part of a mob, pretty, tough. It could have worked.

I liked TB and I tend to agree that she'll play a nutty character (Ava was nutty). When that will be revealed, nobody will want her with EJ.

daisy132

I don't think they'll go with Ejami until the end of the show. I DO beilieve that the show will end with them being together, but not until the end. They are going the Passions route with them.

James will never outright say "Ejami is not happening". He alluded - "they weren't going to go with Ejami, but the fans made a difference"; he's saying "maybe in the future things will change". IMO, he CAN'T say that they won't happen, but if he could, he would have. Ali however, pretty much says she hates them, so I'm not hopeful that they will happen any time in the near future.

In the end, TPTB will listen to the fans. The fans have spoken so far: Days is almost in the last place. Maybe that's why James is slow to re-signing.
Edited by daisy132, Mar 31 2011, 02:19 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

daisy132
Mar 31 2011, 02:16 PM
I don't think they'll go with Ejami until the end of the show. I DO beilieve that the show will end with them being together, but not until the end. They are going the Passions route with them.

James will never outright say "Ejami is not happening". He alluded - "they weren't going to go with Ejami, but the fans made a difference"; he's saying "maybe in the future things will change". IMO, he COULDN'T say that they won't happen, but if he could, he would have. Ali however, pretty much says she hates them, so I'm not hopeful that they will happen any time in the near future.

In the end, TPTB will listen to the fans. The fans have spoken so far: Days is in the last place.
Is that new? When did she say that? Ali has never said she hated Ejami before, so that is interesting. But anyway....the actors truly don't have a say in storylines do they? I know...we're all heard the rumors, but really? Do you think she would purposely not go with Ejami? and if so, why?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 31 2011, 02:21 PM
daisy132

James will never outright say "Ejami is not happening". He alluded - "they weren't going to go with Ejami, but the fans made a difference"; he's saying "maybe in the future things will change". IMO, he COULDN'T say that they won't happen, but if he could, he would have. Ali however, pretty much says she hates them, so I'm not hopeful that they will happen any time in the near future.

In the end, TPTB will listen to the fans. The fans have spoken so far: Days is in the last place.
Is that new? When did she say that? Ali has never said she hated Ejami before, so that is interesting. But anyway....the actors truly don't have a say in storylines do they? I know...we're all heard the rumors, but really? Do you think she would purposely not go with Ejami? and if so, why?
She's never said that as far as I know, but some Ejami fans take her praise of Rafe/GG as her preferring Safe. I take it as Ali selling what they are giving her to sell, which definitely isn't Ejami right now.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

No actor can really say that the viewers won`t get their couple, they barely know themselves. They just want the fans to keep watching, James seems like he is not sure about resigning, and I don`t blame him, looking at the latest ratings.

daisy132

LuvingLumi
Mar 31 2011, 02:21 PM
daisy132

She never said "I hate Ejami", but she NEVER said anything positive about them in the past, and there are very negative undertones in the recent interviews she gives when it comes to them.

Actors have preferences too: James loves Ejole, Ali is a self-proclaimed Lumi and Safe fan. Does it make a difference in what we're getting? I'd say yes, since James and Ali had a meeting with the writers this summer to clarify the direction of their storyline.

To be honest, , I haven't been watching in a long time - just keeping up with the boards, the articles and the spoilers. This interview, together wih Ali's, just reinforces that there is no need for me to watch any time soon.
Edited by daisy132, Mar 31 2011, 02:52 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I always had the feeling that James liked ejole and ejami for different reasons, and liked them partly due to the chemistry and friendships with AZ and AS. It's nice when an actor agrees with you on the support for your coupling but unless they are writing for the show, I don't put too much weight on it. As long as they are great at their job and remain humble then I'm ok. You don't have to agree with me but you better sell what you are supposed to on screen.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 31 2011, 03:10 PM
I always had the feeling that James liked ejole and ejami for different reasons, and liked them partly due to the chemistry and friendships with AZ and AS. It's nice when an actor agrees with you on the support for your coupling but unless they are writing for the show, I don't put too much weight on it. As long as they are great at their job and remain humble then I'm ok. You don't have to agree with me but you better sell what you are supposed to on screen.
I started to 'like' this post - but then realized I love it. :wub:

mellie277
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 31 2011, 03:10 PM
I agree with this.......AS never giving her outright support like she does the other fanbases (IMO because of backlash) is irrelevant because JS is not the only thing that made EJAMI sparkle........she did her part and boy did she do it well.........

deletemyaccountplease

YAY!!! GREAT INTERVIEW, per usual

i might be the ONLY person who wants this but in my perfect soap world sami would be bad and scheme with ej, drop this holier than tho act. then he'd have sex with nicole on occassion

yes its sexist but who cares, ej is sexy and deserves it lol

deletemyaccountplease

but since sami isnt going to change

i say im for ejole if nicole gets some spunk back or tb, depending.

i never got the impression that as was anti ejami. its just easy to interpret that way when the fans (including me) are all po'd about them never being given a real chance.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Quote:

James: With Ari, in particular, we just have one of those really fantastic connections with each other that allows us to work off each other really well. We're lucky. It's something that you can't really create, but we have a good friendship and we get on really well off camera.

This is something you can't act... I think it's why I love Safe as well as EJOLE... Ali & Galen's friendship and James & Ari's.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Mar 31 2011, 05:16 PM

i might be the ONLY person who wants this but in my perfect soap world sami would be bad and scheme with ej, drop this holier than tho act. then he'd have sex with nicole on occassion

I was with :rockon: until that sex on occasion with Nicole part. I see EJ as a one woman man (another reason why I cannot stand the current s/l) so I'd rather have Nicole with Brady or someone new.

mellie277
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 31 2011, 08:28 PM
pennieloafer
Mar 31 2011, 05:16 PM

I was with :rockon: until that sex on occasion with Nicole part. I see EJ as a one woman man (another reason why I cannot stand the current s/l) so I'd rather have Nicole with Brady or someone new.
yes he has been......he would not even sleep with Sami in the stairwell because she was giving no guarantees and it would be wrong to 'cheat' on Nicole at the time.......and now he ups and acts like this......BS!!!!!!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

^^ of course it is... but his hair was looking good today, can he keep it that length?

EJ & Christine
Member Avatar

I love James! :wub: I want EJOLE JS & AZ work great together, Nicole is a true DiMera wife.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply