Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'True Blood' Returns June 26!
Topic Started: Apr 1 2011, 03:07 PM (1,901 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

HIT HBO SERIES TRUE BLOOD KICKS OFF FOURTH SEASON JUNE 26

At the conclusion of season three of TRUE BLOOD, vampire king Russell Edgington was buried alive in a pit of concrete, apparently ending his plans for world domination. But what happened to Sookie, who disappeared into a flash of light? Will Bill be able to make things right after breaking Sookie’s heart? And what awaits Eric, who nearly joined Russell in limbo?

The Emmy®-nominated TRUE BLOOD kicks off its 12-episode fourth season SUNDAY, JUNE 26 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, followed by other new episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time. Mixing romance, suspense, mystery and humor, the show takes place in the not-too-distant future, when vampires have come out of the coffin, thanks to the invention of mass-produced synthetic blood that means they no longer need humans as a nutritional source.

The series follows the on-and-off romance between waitress and part-faerie Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), who can hear people’s thoughts, and 173-year-old vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). Alan Ball (creator of the Emmy®-winning HBO series “Six Feet Under”) created and executive produces the show, which is based on the bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.

Other returning cast regulars on TRUE BLOOD include: Ryan Kwanten as Sookie’s trouble-prone brother Jason Stackhouse; Rutina Wesley as her best friend Tara Thornton; Sam Trammell as Sookie’s shape-shifting boss Sam Merlotte; Nelsan Ellis as Tara’s sharp-tongued cousin Lafayette Reynolds; Chris Bauer as detective Andy Bellefleur; Carrie Preston as Arlene Fowler, a Merlotte’s waitress; Todd Lowe as Andy’s cousin Terry Bellefleur; Jim Parrack as Jason’s friend Hoyt Fortenberry; Alexander Skarsgård as vampire sheriff Eric Northman; Deborah Ann Woll as teen vamp Jessica Hamby; Kristin Bauer van Straten as Eric’s vampire sidekick Pam; Marshall Allman as Sam’s brother Tommy Mickens; Joe Manganiello as werewolf Alcide; Lauren Bowles as Holly, a Merlotte’s waitress; Kevin Alejandro as Lafayette’s boyfriend Jesus; and Jessica Tuck as vampire spokesperson Nan Flanagan.

Other returning cast members include: Evan Rachel Wood as Sophie-Anne, the Vampire Queen of Louisiana; Lindsay Pulsipher as Crystal, a werepanther with ties to Jason; Dale Raoul as Maxine Fortenberry, Hoyt’s mother; and Adina Porter as Lettie Mae Thornton, Tara’s mother.

New cast regulars in season four include: Janina Gavankar as Luna, a shape-shifter who catches Sam’s eye, and Fiona Shaw as Marnie, a witch whose agenda threatens the vampire establishment.

Other new cast members include: Courtney Ford as lawyer Portia Bellefleur, Andy’s sister; Vedette Lim as Tara’s new friend Naomi; Alexandra Breckenridge as Katerina, one of Marnie’s followers; and Gary Cole as Earl Stackhouse.

June’s episode:
Episode #37: “She’s Not There”
Debut: SUNDAY, JUNE 26 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: June 26 (11:00 p.m.), 28 (11:30 p.m.) and 29 (10:00 p.m.), and July 2 (11:15 p.m.) and 14 (8:00 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: June 27 (9:00 p.m.) and 30 (9:00 p.m.), and July 1 (midnight) and 3 (2:00 p.m.)
Sookie (Anna Paquin) journeys away from Bon Temps; Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) try to win back the human public; Jason (Ryan Kwanten) learns that no good deed goes unpunished; Tara (Rutina Wesley) finds refuge in close quarters; Sam (Sam Trammell) bonds with his own; Hoyt (Jim Parrack) and Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) debate the dinner menu; Jesus (Kevin Alejandro) urges Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) to join a coven; and Terry (Todd Lowe) tries to alleviate Arlene’s (Carrie Preston) fears about the baby.
Written by Alexander Woo; directed by Michael Lehmann.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Yeah, I need to hurry up and watch all the seasons from netflix. Thanks for posting :)

LPS
Member Avatar

I really hope they don't have three men fighting for Sookie. I find her so unlikable.

Daytime
Member Avatar

LPS
May 27 2011, 04:19 AM
I really hope they don't have three men fighting for Sookie. I find her so unlikable.
All the female leads in these Vampire Series are unlikeable.. I can't stand Bella, Elena, or Sookie..and for the life of me, I can't understand why men are fighting over these women. They try to portray them as strong women, but I always find them dense..Elena was a little better this past season, but I enjoyed Katherine better...The only thing the woman really has going for them, is they have descent chemistry with the male leads... :ermm:

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I love Sookie! She's not always my favorite character but I enjoy her, both in the books and Anna Paquin's portrayal.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Mateo
May 28 2011, 10:33 PM
I love Sookie! She's not always my favorite character but I enjoy her, both in the books and Anna Paquin's portrayal.
I like both versions of Sookie as well. :peek:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Mateo
May 28 2011, 10:33 PM
I liked book Sookie better.. I hope they write this character better this season.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alligato
Member Avatar

^Very interesting! Thanks for posting, Kenny!
And for all fo the other sneak peaks!
Can't wait until next month to get my True Blood fix!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I love the books and like the show. I think often my love of the books prevents me from really loving the show...but I do like it.

Books are always better imo.

But I am a worm.

LPS
Member Avatar

ITA Daytime! I hate Bella from the Twilight Series. I don't get why anyone would want her. I think the blame mostly goes to the actress on that series. Someone needs to teach Ms. Kristen Stewart how to act. I did like Buffy from the Vampire Slayer series, lol.

With regards to Sookie, I can't stand her because I tend to like empowered women. She's just a pathetic character. Not to mention an annoying twit with no personality. She always needs a man to save her and when she's not needing to be saved she's being sanctimonious. She's a stereotypical dumb blond who is overly emotional and preachy.

I much prefer Pam, Lorena, and Maryanne. These women have depth and complexities and I can relate to their struggles much easily.
Edited by LPS, May 30 2011, 03:09 AM.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I have to disagree about Sookie. I don't think she ever HAS to have a man save her. I think as the series has progressed, we've seen that she is actually a lot more tough than people give her credit for. Granted she has been put in quite a few situations where she needs help I also think she's definitely held her own on plenty of occasions. She never goes down without a fight.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Buffy is the only female lead in a vamp series that I actually like, I just tolerate the rest. I liked Sookie the first few episodes, but then went south. Shes tolerated and that's about it for me. Sometimes I feel she's a little dense... I think it's the writing though.. I just found book Sookie a lot stronger. Anyway I can't wait for June 26, the spoilers and sneak peaks has my mouth watering. :D

Thanks Kenny! :wub:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Sookie is Mine Promo

Edited by Daytime, May 30 2011, 07:51 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

True Blood season 4 Fairies will be sinister and badass

Many fans have made it very clear that they are not thrilled with the look and atmosphere of Fairy Land. This has not gone unnoticed and True Blood writer Brian Buckner addresses the issue in his commentary on the season 3 DVD.

Bruckner comments on episode 7 together with Anna Paquin and Joe Manganiello. During the hospital scene where Sookie visits Fairy Land he says:

“Let me address one thing and it’s an interesting phenomena on the show because in the age of the internet it’s very easy to find out what your audience thinks about everything. People were sort of unanimously not thrilled with Fairy Land, but I do want to say that this isn’t actually Fairy Land. It’s a hallucinatory dream and it’s what Fairies are presenting about themselves to try to get Sookie to come with them. So think of it as a trap and the real Fairy is going to be something very very different and more sinister. I promise.”

Joe Manganiello: “Sinister Fairies?”

Buckner: “Oh yes. Badass.”

Joe: “I didn’t know this was a trap. I thought that all Fairies lived in Lilith Fair or something.”

Source: True Blood Online

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

That doesn't surprise me and I'm glad they going that direction. I think there have been subtle hints that this new fairy world could be too good to be true, or that there are some ulterior motives at hand. There has been plenty of fairy mythology in other pieces of literature where fairies are not always as innocent as they seem or should be.

LOL to Joe's remark about fairies and Lilith Fair!

Daytime
Member Avatar

Interesting.. Well watching the first three minutes, you can actually see something is not right.. Sookie's grandfather wasn't even aware he had been in fairy land 20 years. I can't wait to see how all this plays out, so much stuff going on this season.. 25 more days!!!!! :D

Thanks Kenny! :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

July episode summaries. Lots of spoilers!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Bring on Sookie/Eric. My absolute favorite book out of all of them. This sound like it's going to be a really good season. Season 3 was a total letdown, imo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply