Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Sopranos; 1999-2007
Topic Started: Apr 3 2011, 02:12 AM (1,465 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Are there any fans of The Sopranos here? I just started watching the first season, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

I loved that show! However, the ending sucked, IMO.

Mason
Member Avatar

I recently watched the second and third seasons for the first time (and re-watched the first). I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

It was a great show, but I'll probably always resent it (and The West Wing) for making Six Feet Under (the much superior show, IMO) live in its shadows for all of its run and never receive the proper awards acclaim it deserved.

I love Livia!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I'm on the eight episode right now. I love Livia too, Mason. She's one of my favorite parts of the show. I was so bummed out when I heard that the actress who plays her passed away and the character was written out.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

The second season is by far the best

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Livia is by far the best character, lol!
Quote:

Tony Soprano: She was very high strung, my mother. Very dramatic. Every night to her was a night at the opera.
Livia Soprano: [to Tony] I could stick this fork in your eye!

Quote:

Tony Soprano: Maybe this was his chance to get out. I know Dad was no choir boy, but maybe with a little bit of support...
Livia Soprano: Oh, Mr. Sensitive now. Well, if it bothers you, maybe you better talk to a psychiatrist.
[walks away]

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Livia was the best character on the show! I still loved it but it was never the same, although she STILL has an influence from beyond the grave in later episodes! She was the one who really drew me in! I've posted this elsewhere but she WAS my grandmother! Sitting in her recliner and weaving all sorts of webs while waving her hand in disgust and even SAYING "I wish the Good Lord would take me now!", "Your father was a saint!", "I did the best I could" ,"Well, look who it is!" etc.! David Chase said in an interview that Livia was based on an unspecified family member! Except he had to "TONE HER DOWN" for the show! Now THAT is a woman I wouldn't want to run across!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I'm not an Uncle Junior fan. It's quite odd comparing Carmela Soprano to Jackie Peyton when I think of Edie Falco. Both characters look completely different.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'm going to start a marathon of this in the summer. I saw bits and pieces of it when it originally aired, but have been meaning watch the full series for ages. Ditto The Wire.

olivia
Member Avatar

I'm a huge fan of this crime series, I really like to watch it and still enjoying its episodes online.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I just finished Season 1 and like you guys, Livia is the best character - so diabolical, but in a non-cartoon way.

I really like this show, not sure why I skipped over it when it aired.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I wrote too soon. Season 2 is boring me. I'm just finding it all the themes very repetitive of Season 1. Its well written, well acted, often insightful, but I'm over it. Think I'll stop at the end of this season.

Mason
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 21 2011, 01:47 PM
I wrote too soon. Season 2 is boring me. I'm just finding it all the themes very repetitive of Season 1. Its well written, well acted, often insightful, but I'm over it. Think I'll stop at the end of this season.
Try out Season 3 before giving up. I think it's an improvement over Season 2.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I couldn't stomach another season at the moment. Maybe after a long break I'll give it another shot. Thanks for the recommendation though :)

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Southofsoap
Jun 21 2011, 01:47 PM
Season two sucked. I just skipped over it and started the third season.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Southofsoap
Jun 21 2011, 02:01 PM
I couldn't stomach another season at the moment. Maybe after a long break I'll give it another shot. Thanks for the recommendation though :)
Yeah, the show can have that affect at times. I think it's okay and good at times, but just that. Sometimes I really enjoy it, but other times I find it extremely boring. It watched it on and off. If you're looking for a series to watch I would try out Six Feet Under if you haven't seen it. That show is amazing.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Season 3, 4 and 5 are the best seasons!

I loved loved loved this show!!

Seriously awesome!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply