Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Housewife'' Cast as the New Mrs. Bobby Ewing; Actress Joins TNT's "Dallas:
Topic Started: Apr 5 2011, 06:50 PM (288 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Dallas Scoop: Housewives Vet Is Bobby's Wife

Posted Image

Brenda Strong appears to have a Wisteria Lane-South Fork commute ahead of her, having been cast on TNTís Dallas.

The alumna of ABCís yet-to-be-renewed Desperate Housewives (where she narrates as the late Mary Alice Young) has landed the role of Bobby Ewingís new wife, Ann, TVLine has learned.

During the original Dallas seriesí run, Bobby (played by Patrick Duffy) went through two marriages ó first to Pam, and later to April Stevens (though that union got snuffed on the honeymoon, when the bride was killed).

J.R.ís younger brother also had relationships here and there with Jenna Wade and, to an extent, Sue Ellen Ewing (Linda Gray).

Duffy, Gray and Larry Hagman (J.R.) are all set to reprise their roles on TNTís continuation of the Ewing saga, which also stars two other Housewives alums ó Jesse Metcalfe (as Bobby and Pamís son, Chris) and Josh Henderson (as J.R.ís son John Ross) ó and Jordana Brewster (as a ranch cookís daughter caught in a triangle with the aforementioned lads).

SOURCE

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I dunno what to think of her. She's a good actress but I dunno how well she'll fit into it. I'll give her a shot though. It can't be worse then Jesse Metcalfe.

Mason
Member Avatar

I have nothing against Brenda Strong, but I have a hard time picturing her with Patrick Duffy. I can't imagine they'll have too much chemistry. I feel like they'll have all the heat of a glass of lukewarm milk.

I sure as hell hope they're not planning to write this show like Desperate Housewives or else it's DOA.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I like Brenda Strong, however, I think Melissa Gilbert would have been better in the role (she tested for it). I just see Gilbert as more of a sympathetic heroine if that's how Ann will be, but I'm not sure if that's how the character will be. Not much is being said. They must be giving Bobby a wife for a reason.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's going to be weird seeing Strong all the time, rather than just hearing her on DH.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Is all this casting JUST for the pilot? Couldn't changes be made should TNT pick it up as a series? Although I'm betting TNT does indeed pick it up.

And who's to say Rebecca couldn't eventually be revealed as Cliff and Afton's daughter? I think she says her parents are both dead, but if they want to retcon it, they could just say she lied. Will they? I doubt it, lol. Just wishful thinking on my part.

I really wish this thing would get off the ground so we can hear pilot reviews and maybe even get clips of it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply