Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Carly Snaps; 4/19 issue
Topic Started: Apr 6 2011, 03:12 PM (4,029 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Carly's downward spiral continues this week when she feigns an elbow injury to get pain medication from Lexie. "She thinks she can handle it, but she cant," says Crystal Chappell (Carly). "The only way she can find any calm or peace with herself is to medicate."

When Daniel asks if he can check on her elbow, Carly snaps at him. Jennifer arrives and she and Daniel express concern over their friend. "She's aware that they're worried," says Chappell. "They understand that there's a lot she doesn't talk about and there's a lot she's been through." An emotional Carly pops pills in her office. Chappell understands her alter egos fall from grace. "Given the last year and a half, she killed a man, she shot her daughter. Can you imagine?" notes the actress. "But it's not just going to be this ongoing addiction. It starts out as something about Carly, but then turns into more about her relationships with Jennifer and Daniel and Melanie, so it becomes more of this family story."

Source: Forbidden Love
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Casey
Apr 6 2011, 03:12 PM
It starts out as something about Carly, but then turns into more about her relationships with Jennifer and Daniel and Melanie...
Figures.

Fuck you, Higley.

sungrey

Dena, NOT SO FAST!

In order for this story to work properly, Daniel, Jennifer and Melanie have to be drawn into it. But why do I have the feeling Carly shoots herself up in March, has an intervention in April and is cured by May sweeps? If that's the case...

OHHHHH SWEETHEART, GET ME REWRITE PLEASE!!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 6 2011, 03:14 PM
Casey
It starts out as something about Carly, but then turns into more about her relationships with Jennifer and Daniel and Melanie...
Figures.

Fuck you, Higley.
We know which one out of those they will concentrate on the most and it will be MELAME. I also agree with sungrey that as usual DH is missing too many beats of the story and it is moving too fast.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Start off as a family story? WHY? I am starting to hate this show :soapbox:

lene
Member Avatar

Ofcourse Mel and Co are going to get involved. They are Carly's family and friends. Hopefully it won't be all about Melanie and how much this sucks for HER.

Oh jeez.. nevermind. Ofcourse it's going to be all about Mel. :rolleyes:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I just can't get into this storyline. One of the most forced, unrealistic things currently on the show.

darraholic
Member Avatar

HACK, HACK, HACK!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Casey
This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Fuck you Higley.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 6 2011, 03:43 PM
I just can't get into this storyline. One of the most forced, unrealistic things currently on the show.
I was excited about this story last week but I'm quickly losing my optimism.

I agree with those who say Higley is missing some crucial beats and moving a bit too fast with this.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Dang, I was getting hopeful about this s/l but it looks like they are going to rush it and make it about someone else too.
Well, at last I tried.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm loving the story but you all already know that LOL.

Jennifer, Daniel, and Melanie are of course going to be a part of it. They have to be. Besides, it's not like their roles in it haven't already been prominent. They are needed to react to what Carly is doing but also as sounding boards. Their problems will only push Carly further so I don't mind them being such a vital part of it.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I don't even know how they've allowed Carly to have an addiction seeing as how she's the holy vessel that gave birth to the Center of the Universe.

But since she will have one, you already know the entire story will be about how Melanie feels about her mom being an addict.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

So.... same ole shit, ok-- remind me to record!!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

"But it's not just going to be this ongoing addiction. It starts out as something about Carly, but then turns into more about her relationships with Jennifer and Daniel and Melanie, so it becomes more of this family [HER] story."

FIXED!

:flipoff: DH

justforfun

I just don't want them to go to fast with this. It needs to be a slow build ... and they are rushing it. CC is so fab, though, I think she'll still be able to sell it.

dylan76
Member Avatar

Of course her story is going to affect other characters. Since when does a story only feature a single character? I doubt it will be all about Melanie & Daniel. Besides, Crystal's awesomeness will completely overshadow Molly.

Layla
Member Avatar

I was looking forward to this story, but not anymore, now that I know for sure MelaME is going to be involved. Any story that involves MelaME is going to suck.

Mason
Member Avatar

dylan76
Apr 6 2011, 09:29 PM
I doubt it will be all about Melanie...
That would be a first.

Quote:

Besides, Crystal's awesomeness will completely overshadow Molly.

It didn't in February 2010.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Layla, your avatar is cruelly taunting me--just imagine if Melanie had actually been slain that day. It's a virtual certainty that the show would be at least 72% less horrible. I feel the same way about Molly Burnett that I do Alison Sweeney--I would enthusiastically cheer her getting another, better job not because I think she's any good but because she would be OFF THIS SHOW.

I join those who assume that the story will stop being about Carly in about two weeks and be entirely about Melanie by May.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply