Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of April 11th & Monday Preview
Topic Started: Apr 9 2011, 05:03 PM (2,113 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Weekly promo

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-4112011/1319130/

Monday preview featuring Carly, Lexie, Vivian, Nicole, Taylor, Rafe, Fay, Stefano and EJ.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/carlys-crisis-4-11-2011/1319131
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Go Nicki go! Finally, Nicole is going to have the upper hand!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Why do they even bother with these promos? They're awful. It's the same thing every week -- seven seconds of recap/scenes we've already seen and four seconds showing what's actually going to happen this week (usually something awful). The remaining four seconds are spent showcasing the Days logo. That's entirely too short.

I miss the days when the promos actually made me want to watch the show...

Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mellie277
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Apr 9 2011, 05:06 PM
upper hand in what? when she does find out the truth, what is she going to do blackmail EJ into letting her be in his life.......she is going to get the same end result like last time.....nothing.......ultimately that family and life is EJ's, to share with whomever he chooses, no matter what Nicole digs up she will always be the outsider, fighting to get in.........

she has two choices, keep her mouth shut or cut her losses and leave......nothing about that gives her an upper hand IMO.........
Edited by mellie277, Apr 9 2011, 06:18 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gswCqFEVW0s

Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, wow. Just that still makes me not want to watch.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lysie
Apr 9 2011, 06:37 PM
Oh, wow. Just that still makes me not want to watch.
ROFL. It looks like EJ's about to leap up and burst into (a very bad) song.

Deleted User
Deleted User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chsKRQdHaWQ

Quote Post Goto Top

mellie277
Member Avatar

why don't you get a tattoo EJ......would mean more shirtless scenes for JS.... :wub:

klements

Crystal Chappell needs to go to overactors anonymous. I like Carly, but this is one of the worst drug addiction stories I have ever seen.

mellbell56
Member Avatar

mellie277
Apr 9 2011, 05:48 PM
Liz<3Days
upper hand in what? when she does find out the truth, what is she going to do blackmail EJ into letting her be in his life.......she is going to get the same end result like last time.....nothing.......ultimately that family and life is EJ's, to share with whomever he chooses, no matter what Nicole digs up she will always be the outsider, fighting to get in.........

she has two choices, keep her mouth shut or cut her losses and leave......nothing about that gives her an upper hand IMO.........
or blackmail....hmmmm

mellbell56
Member Avatar

mellbell56
Apr 9 2011, 08:47 PM
mellie277
Apr 9 2011, 05:48 PM
Liz<3Days

or blackmail....hmmmm
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

mellie277
Member Avatar

Android
Apr 9 2011, 06:31 PM
can you say lame......Nicole and her knack for over-hearing the right conversations......lol......

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Gah.

Kenny
Member Avatar

mellie277
Apr 9 2011, 09:11 PM
can you say lame......Nicole and her knack for over-hearing the right conversations......lol......
That's such a lazy way of having a secret revealed. It already happened with Fay and now it's happening again with Nicole?

Why is it so hard for these writers to be more creative?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

There is nothing great about being EJ Dimera's wife. This dude is not a good catch at all. Sure, he's goodlooking, sophisticated, etc. But, his inner qualities pretty much mar those positive ones, IMO. If the writers would give these female characters the good sense that they should have, Nicole would pack her bags and get out of that house as fast as she can. That would be too original for these hacked-up scribes. But, of course, they never let the females think highly of themselves and make them do anything to hang on to a man. It's utter ridiculous the crap that the writers make these females go through during these unrequited love stories, Nicole, Stephanie, etc. The writers pick out the ones that they conceive as their heroines, ie, Taylor/Melanie and crap the heck out of the others who don't fall in their category. AZ, unfortunately, is stuck in the dismal blackhole as being the inteloper to prop EJ's lame-ass love pairings. Just like she was used to they could glorify EJ/Sami, they're doing the same with EJ/Taylor. So, if Nicole does blackmail again, the AZ fans will be receiving the poop end of the stick. Again, again, and again. When will these idiotic writers realize that we want to see Nicole in a story where she isn't used as the whipping board while the 'heartbroken, star-crossed lovers' find their way to each other (sarcasm here because that definitely doesn't apply to any of EJ's love pairings, IMO). Apparently, TPTB have certain characters that they prize more than others, which is blatantly evident.What a waste of great talent. Shame on Higley for continuing to misuse the best actress/actor on the show.

Criss33
Member Avatar

TFP dc cubs & Android

Shocked that Nicole is the one that finds out EJ's secret, i didn't see that coming a mile away totally shocked !! :sarcasm: Isn't it already a well known fact by now that Nicole is the towns secret finder black-mailer, what is next let me guess she will blackmail EJ into staying married to her loving her and only her, and he must let go of Taylor or else she will tell Taylor, the police, Sami and he will lose yet again everything will end up in the hospital cause EJ always does. As long as EJ and Nicole are together history will keep repeating itself over and over and over (Boring). It is time to have EJ moved far away from Nicole, Sami and Rafe and for each to have their own s/l away from each other. Then this show will be watchable. :toetap:
Edited by Criss33, Apr 10 2011, 02:32 PM.

Delores

I really hope, but chances are slim, that Nicole will really stick it to EJ but she will not doany thing but blackmail.the Family so that she can stay in the high life. This is a shame that she is selling her self for nothing but monies. Her sister has her man Nicole, is in the cold.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Kenny
Apr 9 2011, 09:14 PM
mellie277
Apr 9 2011, 09:11 PM
That's such a lazy way of having a secret revealed. It already happened with Fay and now it's happening again with Nicole?

Why is it so hard for these writers to be more creative?
Because that would require a creative brain, which the writers don`t have, much less a brain.

These promos looks boring, i don`t know how long I have watching this show :shame:

lazydazes
Member Avatar

:chee: I'll do the mexican hat dance if the writers remove Nicole permanently from EJ's orbit. The writers would actually be using their creative brains if they were to create a storyline where Nicole delved into her sordid past, found true love (poop on Higley/company for not crafting a true Bricole love story), and actually got a job/career (yes, TPTB, females actually hold down jobs) :whack: . To take that route would actually send their brain into overload, literally. :shithitfan: They can't think that deep. So, of course, when they think of writing EJ's new love story, Higley has a brain fart and exclaims, "oh, we just gotta have Nicole as inteloper again!" So, the brakes were instantly put on Bricole. Their relationship ended so abruptly that I can still feel the whiplash. In a week, Bricole's relationship, potential 'miracle baby', and love story dissolved into ashes. Now, sadly, we got Brady on screen, once a week if we're lucky. And then, it's with that annoying little snit, known as Melanie.
Suddenly, the writers have gone into overdrive and re-kicked in Nicole's obsession with Sydney and her ridiculous notion of 'love' for Elvis. :badmood: Any fan can see that this EJ/Taylor/Nicole story is a remake of EJ/Sami/Nicole with Nicole, yes, used as the inteloper to spice it up. Truly, what would EasyLayTay and Elvis have to do now if they didn't have Nicole to whine about? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
This promo didn't excite me at all because I know that Higley won't rise to the occasion. You would think that as a female writer, she would be careful to script more powerful/strong storylines for the women. This story should be about empowerment for Nicole to pick up the pieces of her life and close the door permanently on the Dimeras. Of course, this latest brainchild of Higley's will turn out to be nothing but another disappointment. And AZ and Nicole deserve better than this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply