Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ex- Eastenders Star to make Hollyoaks Debut
Topic Started: Apr 12 2011, 08:24 PM (685 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

EX-EastEnders star Lacey Turner's younger sister Daisy is set to make her Hollyoaks debut - but admits she's terrified of being panned by critics.

Gorgeous Daisy, 20, arrives on the Chester-based teen soap as trickster tomboy Jenny on Friday.

But she fears comparisons to big sister Lacey, 23 - who won more than 30 awards for her role as Stacey Branning before quitting in December.

Daisy told TV Biz: "I've prepared myself for people to say I'm not as good as Lacey. It can be annoying to always be referred to as her sister.

"But getting this part is something that I have done on my own. I don't want people to think I only got it because of Lacey.

"Lacey has done so well it does put pressure on me. I think she is brilliant and I want to be as good as that.

"I've tried my best so we will have to wait and see what people think."

Daisy is so nervous about appearing on the Channel 4 soap that she plans to watch it alone.

The family threw a party when Lacey first appeared in Albert Square in 2004 and also more recently when youngest sister Lily Harvey, ten, appeared in Walford as Shenice Quinn.

Daisy said: "I'm worried because it's my first big thing.

"My mum threw a party for Lacey and Lily and she wants to throw one for me - but I don't want one. I find it too cringe-worthy, I'd prefer to sit and watch it on my own."

Daisy said she didn't need to ask Lacey for acting advice because she learned by watching her on TV.

She said: "Seeing her on screen pushed me more to want to be an actress. I was about 16 when she joined EastEnders.

"It was a bit weird watching her on telly at first but you get used to it.

"I found it funny when she did sex scenes. But I cried when Stacey was diagnosed with bipolar, thinking, 'That's my sister, what's she doing?'

"I think it's great that Lily is on it now - it would have been fun if they'd been in Walford together."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3522007/Ex-EastEnders-star-Lacey-Turners-younger-sister-Daisy-is-set-to-make-her-Hollyoaks-debut.html
Edited by Casey, Apr 12 2011, 08:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's so good to see he shaved that nasty infestation off his chin.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply