Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Julia Louis-Dreyfus' HBO Sitcom Picked Up
Topic Started: Apr 19 2011, 01:35 AM (157 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Fans of Julia Louis-Dreyfus have apart from her cameo as Liz Lemon in this season's live episode of "30 Rock" missed seeing her on TV since the cancellation of "The New Adventures of Old Christine." (I guess we can also see her in reruns of "Seinfeld" and "Christine," but it's not the same!) So this weekend has brought great news: She'll return to headlining a new sitcom starting next year.

Last October, HBO greenlit Louis-Dreyfus's new pilot "Veep," from Armando Iannucci. Now picked up to go to series, "Veep" revolves around a U.S. Senator who becomes Vice-President and has to learn the job...on the job. And since Amy Poehler isn't available to play her (she's playing the equally ambitious-yet-beleaguered Leslie Knope on "Parks & Recreation") Louis-Dreyfus won the role.

Though Iannucci is not exactly well-known, even among TV producers, he should be, because he's a genius. Iannucci created the British sitcom "The Thick Of It," from which sprang the criminally overlooked 2008 feature film "In The Loop," about the (fictional) run-up to an early-'00s war in the Middle East, as seen from the perspective of two sets of staffers, in the U.S. and in the U.K. (It's been rerunning lately on Starz, so if you've never watched it, you really should.)

Those who don't know Iannucci's background may think that a White House sitcom sounds like a snooze, so don't worry: He is capable of silliness too. He's collaborated with comic actor Steve Coogan (who played the crooked hedge funder in last summer's "The Other Guys"), most notably on the faux talk show "Knowing Me, Knowing You," and its subsequent spinoff, "I'm Alan Partridge."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Sounds interesting. Not that I need another show to watch, but I'm sure I'll check it out when it premieres. Still wish we had Christine though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply