Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Absolutely Fabulous' Returns
Topic Started: Apr 24 2011, 11:00 PM (285 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/absolutely-fabulous-return-bbc1-181081

LONDON -- Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley will reprise their roles as the champagne-guzzling dysfunctional celebrity PRs Patsy and Edina, in three new episodes of Absolutely Fabulous, due to be filmed later this summer for BBC1.

The iconic 90s sitcom also featured a young Jane Horrocks as ditzy assistant Bubbles, and Julia Sawalha as Edina's studious and frumpy daughter Saffy. Both are set to reappear in the new episodes.

Though the comedy poked fun at the hard-drinking "career" publicity agents, it also provided a rare all-female written and presented comedy that delivered mass audiences -- as well as propelling the phrase "crack open the Bolly darling" (a reference to a fondness for Bollinger champagne) into the national vernacular.

The hugely successful show ran for five series on BBC1 until 1996 and will return later at the end of the year, a BBC spokeswoman confirmed. "We are just putting the final touches to the deal," she said.

Lumley told Hello! Magazine that the popular format was on its way back but that Saunders had yet to begin working on the script.

"In late August I start filming on three episodes of Absolutely Fabulous, which we are all ecstatic about," added Lumley. "Jennifer has been so busy writing Uptown Downstairs Abbey for Comic Relief and also Spice Girls: The Musical, I don't think she's started the script."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

I'm a bit torn. The original episodes are downright classic, but the newer seasons (while not outright terrible) just weren't the same. I'll watch anyways LOL.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I feel the exact same way. I know I'll watch, but nothing can match the original stuff.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply