Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CW Renews 5 Series; 'Top Model', 'Vampire Diaries', 'Gossip Girl', '90210, 'Supernatural'
Topic Started: Apr 26 2011, 07:16 PM (346 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

CW Renews 5 Series: 'Top Model', 'Vampire Diaries', 'Gossip Girl', '90210, 'Supernatural'

By NELLIE ANDREEVA

The CW Network just gave early pickup to almost all of its returning series, including reality veteran America's Next Top Model, which has been renewed for 2 more cycles, including its first ever All-Star edition in the fall. On the scripted side, picked up for next season are the CW's flagship series The Vampire Diaries, the Monday duo of 90210 and Gossip Girl and sci-fi veteran veteran Supernatural. The only returning series besides departing Smallville not to get an early renewal is veteran One Tree Hill, which is back on the bubble where it was also last year before snagging a last-minute 13-episode order that was later expanded for a full-season 22-episode pickup. Also missing from the list are the CW's 2 scripted freshmen, Nikita and Hellcats, which are also very much on the bubble. But, judging by the CW's renewal patterns in the past, there is a very good chance that 2 of the 3 bubble series will eventually make the cut. All five newly renewed series will return in Fall 2011.

According to the CW, the All-Star Edition of Top Model will "feature the models who became breakout characters and who had the most memorable stories from past cycles." Additional details about the cast, judges and prizes for the All-Star cycle will be announced later. Now in its second season, Vampire Diaries remains the CW's most-watched show (4.0 million viewers) and top-rated show among the network's target audience of women 18-34 (2.9/9). Meanwhile, paired with Smallville, Supernatural, now in Season 6, helped boost the CW's Friday averages by 66% in adults 18-34 and 60% in viewers this season.

SOURCE
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

SO HAPPY for 90210! I just love this show, I think it's the best. I wish more people watched...glad it's been renewed.

Wow I love the "All-Stars" Top Model idea, looking forward to it...I skipped watching the current season but will definitely tune in for the all-stars show in the fall!

Mason
Member Avatar

Please, One Tree Hill will outlast all of us. That show refuses to DIE.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

LOL. OTH is like a damn cockroach. You think you've seen the last of it and it just keeps coming back. From what I've read though, Mark Schwahn has written the season finale as the series finale.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

One Tree Hill's Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Galeotti Sign On for Season 9

One Tree Hill stars Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Galeotti and Austin Nichols have signed on for a possible ninth season, a network rep confirms.

The trio joins cast mates Robert Buckley, Jana Kramer and Lisa Goldstein, who have already signed on for another year. The long-running CW drama has yet to be renewed, but this latest contract news makes a Season 9 look like more of a possibility.

"Well faithful followers," Bush tweeted late Monday. "I am officially in for ONE last year of OTH. The writers have GREAT plans! Now all we need is a CW pick up!"

Bush and Galeotti are two of the series' last three remaining original cast mates. Galeotti's on-screen husband, James Lafferty, is expected to return part-time if the series is picked up, according to TVLine.

One Tree Hill's James Lafferty on possible cancellation: "At some point you've got to graduate"

"I certainly can't stay there forever," Lafferty told TVGuide.com recently about the show's future. "It's like leaving your parents' house: It's got to happen at some point, you've got to graduate."

One Tree Hill has averaged 1.86 million viewers so far this season. The show was originally supposed to come back for only 13 episodes, but an additional nine were ordered after strong ratings early in the season.

Source: TVGuide

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

LUX & Melrose were such better shows yet these crappy shows continue :(

LOL at ANTM All Stars. Won't most of the All Stars be too old lol. Some of them would probably be in the 30's.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

darraholic
Apr 26 2011, 08:49 PM
I don't think I ever saw more then a couple episodes of LUX because I'd either forget it was on or it was up against something else I watched. I liked the episodes of it I did see though.

I liked Melrose after they tried that last revamp, to bad it was done too late.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

darraholic
Apr 26 2011, 08:49 PM

LOL at ANTM All Stars. Won't most of the All Stars be too old lol. Some of them would probably be in the 30's.
I finally worked up the nerve to watch the LUX finale a few weeks ago. Sigh...how I miss it. I am glad they were able to do the 5 minute epilogue.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I'm so bored with OTH, 90210.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

What of Nikita, is what I want to know. What of Nikita? If it goes while certain other shows live on I'll be annoyed.

Looking forward to ANTM All-Stars. I always wanted to see something like that. I wonder how far back they'll go. This season, and the last one, have been pretty good though. I'm hoping to see this attitude with those contestants.

And more VD is always good.
Edited by px780, Apr 26 2011, 11:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply