Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EastEnders exit for Darren Miller actor Charlie G Hawkins
Topic Started: May 1 2011, 01:05 PM (922 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

EASTENDERS star Charlie G Hawkins is leaving Albert Square after seven years.

Charlie, who plays happy-go-lucky car salesman Darren Miller, says he has ­decided to quit the BBC1 soap so he can “chill out and enjoy being a normal 20-year-old”.

But he is keen for TV bosses to keep his character alive so he has the ­option of returning one day.

Charlie stunned producers when he announced he wanted to move on – and has admitted it was one of the toughest decisions of his life.

Speaking exclusively to the Sunday Mirror, Charlie said: “It is a very weird feeling to know I won’t be on the show in a few months.

“To be honest I can barely ­remember life before EastEnders. It will be great having no ­structure to my life and not having to learn lines, I’m really looking forward to that.

“I’ve got some savings so I might just end up bumming around for a while. All I spend my money on is my Arsenal season ticket so I could last quite a long time.”

Charlie, from Islington, North London, who has also appeared in Foyle’s War and Ali G In Da House, has been at the centre of several ­explosive storylines since he joined EastEnders at the age of 13 as a junior member of the trouble-making Miller clan.

One ­included the “­whodunnit” ­pregnancy riddle of frumpy ­Heather Trott, played by Cheryl ­Fergison.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/05/01/eastenders-exit-for-darren-miller-actor-charlie-g-hawkins-115875-23097943/#ixzz1LAkgkkmZ
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I liked Darren, but he was disposable.

In some awful twist of fate though we're losing Vanessa & Darren but keeping Jodie. How does that even make sense?!

Manny
Member Avatar

I won't miss Darren. He was okay, but I can live without him. He should take Jodie with him though.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I'll miss the little bastard! I'll even miss Vanessa who had SO much wasted potential! I don't know Jodie's real name but I could have sworn she was a regular on "Ashes To Ashes" wearing a brunette wig! I don't mind Jodie even though she's a bit dim!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply