Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glee: 3D Concert Movie Coming Soon
Topic Started: May 4 2011, 03:18 PM (264 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Fox Plans 3D 'Glee' Film With Original Cast

20th Century Fox TV and film divisions have partnered to produce GLEE LIVE! 3D!, a feature film based on the Glee Live! In Concert! North American tour. The studio plans to release the film for a two-week engagement starting Aug. 12. Gleeks who were unable to get tickets will be able to catch the concert in 3D. The tour starred 14 members of the Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning TV show, and the film will also feature behind-the-scenes moments. The feature will be directed by Fame helmer Kevin Tancharoen.

Given the rabid following that Ryan Murphy's show has, this seems like as good as a cash machine for the studio. It worked for Sony on the Michael Jackson documentary This Is It! (whose limited run was extended, something that always seems to happen), and Paramount cleaned up with the Justin Bieber documentary Never Say Never.

The film features performances by series regulars Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Amber Riley, Chris Colfer, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz, Mark Salling, Dianna Agron, Naya Rivera, Heather Morris, Harry Shum Jr, Chord Overstreet, Darren Criss and Ashley Fink. The concert tour finishes June 18 in Uniondale, N.Y., before moving on to the UK.

source: deadline.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Good God, WHY!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Because there is money to be made. LOL

I'm still a fan of the show but not rabid enough to have seen them on tour or care much about this movie.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Thanks for posting! :) I might watch when it comes to redbox. LOL!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I did go to the tour last year and am going with a bunch of friends this year. The live show is enjoyable and there is something about the atmosphere of a live show. But wouldn't go to the theater to watch the concert.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
May 4 2011, 06:25 PM
Good God, WHY!
My reaction was pretty similar. I used to be a big fan of the show, but I am so ready for the next pop culture phenomenon to hit and boot Glee out of the spotlight.
Edited by Mason, May 4 2011, 09:16 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

No. Please, Just No.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I love Glee,but I am sick to death of 3D.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Can we not?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Well it seems that Ashley Fink (Lauren) has been made a series regular! Yay!!!

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh God... Overload much?? They are killing themselves with all the exposure. People are getting annoyed and kinda tired of Glee. Myself included. I don't even watch anymore actually. LOL

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I still watch it, but I do not enjoy it as much as I used to. Season 1 was so much better.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Rick
May 5 2011, 04:24 AM
Well it seems that Ashley Fink (Lauren) has been made a series regular! Yay!!!
Wooh! Where did you read that?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Oh, whoops! I see it now. "The film features performances by series regulars Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Amber Riley, Chris Colfer, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz, Mark Salling, Dianna Agron, Naya Rivera, Heather Morris, Harry Shum Jr, Chord Overstreet, Darren Criss and Ashley Fink."

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I like Glee and all, but this constant commercialization is just annoying. I mean, I get it - why not go there?... since they get rich off of it, but longterm, I don't see this overexposure to be good. People are starting to get annoyed, myself included, and it's just all starting to become a turnoff.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply