Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ali Sweeney directs "Dating Grace" web series starring Martha Madison
Topic Started: May 5 2011, 05:27 PM (5,228 Views)
Ellie

Martha Madison tweeted a link to this facebook page, describing the pilot for her new web series directed by Ali Sweeney.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dating-Grace/180582265327287?sk=wall

It's not clear from the page if it's going to be a serial (ie, 'web soap') or an online sitcom-type series. From the thread at the bottom of the facebook page, it sounds like they're starting online and hoping to move to TV.

From the facebook page:

Description
This is the true dating life of a 30-something, successful, single woman living in Los Angeles. The men she dates and the experiences she has are unbelievable and hilarious!

Plot Outline
If you're single and still looking for love, then you will definitely relate to Grace. When you're independent, successful and a little used to being by yourself, sometimes it's hard to open yourself up to meet that perfect person and allow yourself to go out of your box, but Grace is up for the challenge. She's going to explore every avenue of the dating circuit and give every guy a chance. The experiences she brings us are hilarious, outrageous and down right crazy! You will be laughing the entire time you're watching and feel for Grace and what she's going through. I'm sure many of you have experienced the same. Enjoy!

Starring
Martha Madison

Directed By
Alison Sweeney

Written By
Terie Wohlford
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

This sounds stupid.

"The experiences she brings us are hilarious, outrageous and down right crazy! You will be laughing the entire time you're watching and feel for Grace and what she's going through."

What kind of plot outline is that? I'm assuming Ali wrote it herself?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

No writing credit?

Ellie

Yes, at the bottom of the first post - Written by Terie Wohlford. Wonder how much we'll see Ali on Days if this series gets going.

lysie
Member Avatar

Is it me or does Martha Madison news always come in pairs?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

My mom watches Biggest Loser. A couple of weeks back she asked me how Alison Sweeney can do BL and Days at the same time, and does she have time for her kids. I said they probaby work around her schedule and I don't think they shoot BL all year around. My mom still thought it was weird. Then I started thinking about all the other stuff that's been discussed here. Twitter, books, talk-shows and now this web series. Of course some say we are just bashing AS but I thought it was interesting that my mom who's just a "general fan" and has never read any DAYS boards noticed the very same thing.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Ellie
May 5 2011, 05:34 PM
Yes, at the bottom of the first post - Written by Terie Wohlford.
I was trying to make a joke about the Diva/Ed Scott saga. Guess it was only funny to me. :lol:

Ellie

Sindacco
May 5 2011, 05:45 PM
My mom watches Biggest Loser. A couple of weeks back she asked me how Alison Sweeney can do BL and Days at the same time, and does she have time for her kids. I said they probaby work around her schedule and I don't think they shoot BL all year around. My mom still thought it was weird. Then I started thinking about all the other stuff that's been discussed here. Twitter, books, talk-shows and now this web series. Of course some say we are just bashing AS but I thought it was interesting that my mom who's just a "general fan" and has never read any DAYS boards noticed the very same thing.
Yep! She's in NYC right now for the "Mother's Day" episode of Wendy Williams. She tweeted yesterday that she and Megan were enjoying time together before she leaves for NYC, so presumably the way she's celebrating, or at least leading up to, Mother's Day is to leave the kids in LA. Tomorrow is a Science Diet promotional event in New York for her dogfood endorsement. (Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.) She has these "walks in the park" one or two weekends a month for a fitness endorsement, and last weekend she was discussing the "Mommy Diet' at the LA Times Book Festival. I think the more times we hear the word "Mommy" out of her, the less time she actually spends with her kids.

Ellie

IMissAremid
May 5 2011, 05:55 PM
Ellie
May 5 2011, 05:34 PM
Yes, at the bottom of the first post - Written by Terie Wohlford.
I was trying to make a joke about the Diva/Ed Scott saga. Guess it was only funny to me. :lol:
Oh! Lol. Totally missed that, sorry!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 5 2011, 05:56 PM
She's in NYC right now for the "Mother's Day" episode of Wendy Williams. She tweeted yesterday that she and Megan were enjoying time together before she leaves for NYC, so presumably the way she's celebrating, or at least leading up to, Mother's Day is to leave the kids in LA. Tomorrow is a Science Diet promotional event in New York for her dogfood endorsement. (Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.) She has these "walks in the park" one or two weekends a month for a fitness endorsement, and last weekend she was discussing the "Mommy Diet' at the LA Times Book Festival. I think the more times we hear the word "Mommy" out of her, the less time she actually spends with her kids.
LoL, she's such a fame whore and money hog.

I'm surprised she hasn't sold her forehead as ad space yet.

Ellie

Also interesting to me is that she's apparently trying to break into directing. I mean, something's gotta give. (Besides her family, that is.) Is it really possible to have a lead role on a soap, host a weekly reality show and direct a web series? Guess we'll find out! I know what I'm hoping for.

Kenny
Member Avatar

That Ali, she's a real go-getter!

Deleted User
Deleted User

how much time do they spend on set for DOOL in a given week. Isn't 3 days on set a lot generally?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

but I do get a little kick out of the dog weighing thing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Kenny
May 5 2011, 06:02 PM
Ellie
May 5 2011, 05:56 PM
She's in NYC right now for the "Mother's Day" episode of Wendy Williams. She tweeted yesterday that she and Megan were enjoying time together before she leaves for NYC, so presumably the way she's celebrating, or at least leading up to, Mother's Day is to leave the kids in LA. Tomorrow is a Science Diet promotional event in New York for her dogfood endorsement. (Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.) She has these "walks in the park" one or two weekends a month for a fitness endorsement, and last weekend she was discussing the "Mommy Diet' at the LA Times Book Festival. I think the more times we hear the word "Mommy" out of her, the less time she actually spends with her kids.
LoL, she's such a fame whore and money hog.

I'm surprised she hasn't sold her forehead as ad space yet.
ROFL - her other little hobby is tweeting about what she's wearing/eating/etc using specific product names, so that they'll tweet her back. A week or so ago she tweeted about her amazing Yoplait yogurt, then she acted surprised when they tweeted her back and wanted to know what flavor. (I'm sure she had her agent on the phone with them in a second.) She also tweeted the company who made the sweater she wore on TBL and asked them if it sold out from her having worn it (LOL). Every time I think she can't get worse... she does.

Ellie

HASdays
May 5 2011, 06:05 PM
how much time do they spend on set for DOOL in a given week. Isn't 3 days on set a lot generally?
It used to be a 1:1 ratio between the number of episodes/week and the number of days on set, but it's not anymore. What they're doing now is consolidating the taping time for scenes and episodes, so that for example if Ali and KA are in scenes together over four episodes, they could even spend one day shooting all of those. So it's really impossible to tell, but to answer your question, 3 days would be a lot, using this new system.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:07 PM
A week or so ago she tweeted about her amazing Yoplait yogurt, then she acted surprised when they tweeted her back and wanted to know what flavor. (I'm sure she had her agent on the phone with them in a second.) She also tweeted the company who made the sweater she wore on TBL and asked them if it sold out from her having worn it (LOL). Every time I think she can't get worse... she does.
Apparently she's an idiot in addition to a famewhore. Yoplait (though it's delicious) has one of the highest sugar contents of any yogurt brand.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:03 PM
Also interesting to me is that she's apparently trying to break into directing. I mean, something's gotta give. (Besides her family, that is.) Is it really possible to have a lead role on a soap, host a weekly reality show and direct a web series? Guess we'll find out! I know what I'm hoping for.
wasn't there discussion recently that she wanted less air time on DOOL?

Crystal directs and has a starring role in Venice. or does she just produce? can't remember. Several of the DOOL actors do Venice too. Web series eps are really short
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:07 PM
A week or so ago she tweeted about her amazing Yoplait yogurt, then she acted surprised when they tweeted her back and wanted to know what flavor. (I'm sure she had her agent on the phone with them in a second.)
Oh for God's sakes.

She's a walking billboard of bullshit. I mean, it's bad enough that she sold out for dog food endorsements and fitness endorsements and tax software endorsements and God only knows what else, but now she's trying to steal Jamie Lee's shine and take over the yogurt endorsements too?!

Ellie

HASdays
May 5 2011, 06:09 PM
Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:03 PM
wasn't there discussion recently that she wanted less air time on DOOL?

Crystal directs and has a starring role in Venice. or does she just produce? can't remember. Several of the DOOL actors do Venice too. Web series eps are really short
Yep, Crystal does 2 things: Venice and Days. That seems to be it, though. From her twitter we can see that she's home with her family every night.

I don't remember hearing that Ali wanted less airtime...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply