Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ali Sweeney directs "Dating Grace" web series starring Martha Madison
Topic Started: May 5 2011, 05:27 PM (5,282 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Didn't AS have an earlier webseries? (Maybe it was just a concept.)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
May 5 2011, 06:09 PM
Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:07 PM
A week or so ago she tweeted about her amazing Yoplait yogurt, then she acted surprised when they tweeted her back and wanted to know what flavor. (I'm sure she had her agent on the phone with them in a second.) She also tweeted the company who made the sweater she wore on TBL and asked them if it sold out from her having worn it (LOL). Every time I think she can't get worse... she does.
Apparently she's an idiot in addition to a famewhore. Yoplait (though it's delicious) has one of the highest sugar contents of any yogurt brand.
I am pretty sure those are paid endorsements, lol.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:13 PM
I don't remember hearing that Ali wanted less airtime...
I don't either.

I do, however, remember hearing that she went around the studio bragging to everyone that she was "the new headwriter" because she hijacked all of Dena's scripts and re-wrote them herself.

Not that she would stab her own mother in the back to get ahead or anything...

Kenny
Member Avatar

HASdays
May 5 2011, 06:18 PM
I am pretty sure those are paid endorsements, lol.
How can you endorse fitness and weight loss products and then turn around and endorse food products that will turn you into a fatass?

She's such a sellout.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

HASdays
wasn't there discussion recently that she wanted less air time on DOOL?
Never heard that one - talk about completely going against the Sweeneyism school of thought.

mellie277
Member Avatar

BricoleIsLove
May 5 2011, 08:43 PM
HASdays
Never heard that one - talk about completely going against the Sweeneyism school of thought.
exactly.......what she wanted and got was her usual screentime, in the lead sl and them working around HER schedule........I remember for the stuff that aired in Jan, JS commented that she could only be availible three days a week and they had to do a lot in that time.......I am sure to an extent he must be glad to be free of her schedule........

lysie
Member Avatar

BricoleIsLove
HASdays
I heard it, too, but I'm thinking that that was a guess made by a fan and for some reason people started reporting it as truth. I don't think she's ever actually said it.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

The premise doesn't sound that groundbreaking but I hope it works out. While I'm a bit perplexed about how she can juggle all of these things, if she can do it and there are no problems then all the power to her.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
May 5 2011, 06:19 PM
Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:13 PM
I don't remember hearing that Ali wanted less airtime...
I don't either.

I do, however, remember hearing that she went around the studio bragging to everyone that she was "the new headwriter" because she hijacked all of Dena's scripts and re-wrote them herself.
Of all the things to criticize Ali for Kenny, you're criticizing her for hijacking and rewriting Hackley's scripts? :lol:

Cause in hindsight I kind of want to give her a medal.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Ellie
May 5 2011, 06:07 PM
Kenny
May 5 2011, 06:02 PM
Ellie
May 5 2011, 05:56 PM
She's in NYC right now for the "Mother's Day" episode of Wendy Williams. She tweeted yesterday that she and Megan were enjoying time together before she leaves for NYC, so presumably the way she's celebrating, or at least leading up to, Mother's Day is to leave the kids in LA. Tomorrow is a Science Diet promotional event in New York for her dogfood endorsement. (Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.) She has these "walks in the park" one or two weekends a month for a fitness endorsement, and last weekend she was discussing the "Mommy Diet' at the LA Times Book Festival. I think the more times we hear the word "Mommy" out of her, the less time she actually spends with her kids.
LoL, she's such a fame whore and money hog.

I'm surprised she hasn't sold her forehead as ad space yet.
ROFL - her other little hobby is tweeting about what she's wearing/eating/etc using specific product names, so that they'll tweet her back. A week or so ago she tweeted about her amazing Yoplait yogurt, then she acted surprised when they tweeted her back and wanted to know what flavor. (I'm sure she had her agent on the phone with them in a second.) She also tweeted the company who made the sweater she wore on TBL and asked them if it sold out from her having worn it (LOL). Every time I think she can't get worse... she does.

That is hilarious!

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 5 2011, 11:21 PM
]Of all the things to criticize Ali for Kenny, you're criticizing her for hijacking and rewriting Hackley's scripts? :lol:

Oh, I'm not criticizing her for re-writing the scripts. I'm criticizing her for bragging about it for kudos, LoL.

LiZa
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 5 2011, 06:02 PM
Ellie
May 5 2011, 05:56 PM
She's in NYC right now for the "Mother's Day" episode of Wendy Williams. She tweeted yesterday that she and Megan were enjoying time together before she leaves for NYC, so presumably the way she's celebrating, or at least leading up to, Mother's Day is to leave the kids in LA. Tomorrow is a Science Diet promotional event in New York for her dogfood endorsement. (Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.) She has these "walks in the park" one or two weekends a month for a fitness endorsement, and last weekend she was discussing the "Mommy Diet' at the LA Times Book Festival. I think the more times we hear the word "Mommy" out of her, the less time she actually spends with her kids.
LoL, she's such a fame whore and money hog.

I'm surprised she hasn't sold her forehead as ad space yet.
How is she a money whore? She knows Days and her "in demand to work" will not last forever, she needs to show the media she can do other things than Soaps. So she will have something else lined up for her when the time comes. She also has two kids to put thru college in the future. She is being a strong independent WORKING female. What's wrong with that?

Beth
Member Avatar

Only AS family knows if they feel neglected. I can't blame her for taking multiple opportunities. She's young and her soap opera career isn't going to pay the bills for the rest of her life. She needs to get some security before DOOL goes up in smoke. Plus I don't think it's all that uncommon for women in Hollywood to not be "at home" a lot with their kids. It's a different way of life than most of us are use to.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LiZa
May 6 2011, 11:59 AM
She is being a strong independent WORKING female. What's wrong with that?
I just think she's a sellout and I'm sick of seeing her face everywhere. Also, her shameless pimping of various products on Twitter to lure endorsement deals is obnoxious and annoying. She doesn't have to do all that to make a name for herself.

lysie
Member Avatar

She doesn't need to have anything lined up for when Days is over. She's already working other jobs. At the base of things, I don't care how many jobs she has or how much time she spends with her family...but she keeps telling me anyway. What I find annoying and off putting about her is her "I have it all and here's what to do to be like me" mentality. She has a lot of jobs, and she doesn't seem particularly good at any of them. Nothing about her seems at all genuine anymore.

Mason
Member Avatar

Besides being a fame whore, I find her to be incredibly phony. Does she have a personality at all? It seems like everything she does is a performance.

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
May 6 2011, 01:08 PM
Nothing about her seems at all genuine anymore.
That's exactly the problem.

Everything she does is a performance. Every move she makes is for the sake of either selling a product or making a name for herself. Nothing about her is genuine anymore.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 6 2011, 10:46 AM
IMissAremid
May 5 2011, 11:21 PM
]Of all the things to criticize Ali for Kenny, you're criticizing her for hijacking and rewriting Hackley's scripts? :lol:

Oh, I'm not criticizing her for re-writing the scripts. I'm criticizing her for bragging about it for kudos, LoL.
If what she wrote was what aired around the summer olympics in '08, it's some of the better stuff we've seen in awhile.

The tweet to the sweater people had me LOL! I think she has a little higher opinion of herself than some around here do! ;)

I remember reading that she wanted less time at the studio, like three days a week (?) I don't know if that would necessarily mean less air time though with how they shoot things now. I remember getting excited thinking it would be less airtime, but so far, with the exception of her being gone for a couple of weeks when BL was shooting, I haven't seen less of her. :unsure:

Sariah
Member Avatar

BricoleIsLove
HASdays
It sort of reminds me of Kelly Ripa, and how she was just going to work for a short time to make enough money so that she could stay home full-time with her kids, because that's what she wanted more than anything...and meanwhile was on a soap, hosting a morning talk show, had a primetime show, and made commercials/became a product spokesperson. I've always wondered just how much money she needed to have to stop (although it's obviously not her plan any longer! LOL)

Does AS's husband work? Because it wouldn't be quite so bad if at least their dad was home with them.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sariah
May 6 2011, 02:34 PM
BricoleIsLove
HASdays
It sort of reminds me of Kelly Ripa, and how she was just going to work for a short time to make enough money so that she could stay home full-time with her kids, because that's what she wanted more than anything...and meanwhile was on a soap, hosting a morning talk show, had a primetime show, and made commercials/became a product spokesperson. I've always wondered just how much money she needed to have to stop (although it's obviously not her plan any longer! LOL)

Does AS's husband work? Because it wouldn't be quite so bad if at least their dad was home with them.
He's a cop.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Web Soaps Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply