Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter Season 6 Teaser: "This fall, hell breaks loose!"
Topic Started: May 7 2011, 02:31 PM (335 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Exclusive: Dexter 'Getting Back To its Roots'

It’s out with the new and in with the old as Dexter heads into its sixth season.

“Dexter this season will be in some ways a return to the Dexter that you’ve seen in the early seasons,” Showtime president David Nevins told TVLine at Thursday’s 4th Annual Television Academy Honors in Beverly Hills. “There’s a really interesting story and journey that he’s going to be on this year. There’s going to be some degree of getting back to his roots.”

And that includes putting the focus back on the sibling dynamic at the heart of the show. “There will be a microscope on the Deb/Dexter relationship this season,” Nevins revealed. “Over time you’re going to see that relationship evolve and change, no questions about it.”

Season 6 — production on which begins later this month ahead of a fall premiere — will be similar to Season 5 in at least one key way: Dexter won’t face off against a singular menace a la Trinity and the Ice Truck Killer. “It is not one big bad,” he confirmed. “There’s one interesting story that will move through the season, and it will be cast very interestingly, but it’s not exactly that one person.”

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

"There’s going to be some degree of getting back to his roots.”

And that includes putting the focus back on the sibling dynamic at the heart of the show. “There will be a microscope on the Deb/Dexter relationship this season,” Nevins revealed. “Over time you’re going to see that relationship evolve and change, no questions about it.”
This better mean that Deb finally learns the truth about Dexter. I'm tired of waiting.

Meanwhile, have we heard anything about the show being renewed beyond Season 6? The teaser trailer has kind of an "everything has led up to THIS!" feel, like a trailer you would see for a show going into its final season.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Deb needs to find out this season! It should have happened in the last season finale. I hope Julia Stiles makes an appearance as Lumen as well. Can't wait.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 7 2011, 02:37 PM
Meanwhile, have we heard anything about the show being renewed beyond Season 6? The teaser trailer has kind of an "everything has led up to THIS!" feel, like a trailer you would see for a show going into its final season.
This article suggests there may be a seventh season but nothing is confirmed: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/02/report-dexter-renewed-by-showtime-for-a-sixth-season/74165 Cable shows tend to get renewed the day after the first episode of the current season airs (which makes little sense to me).

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I can't wait!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Thank God for True Blood coming on to help with the wait.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I don't have Showtime, so I never saw Dexter, but I decided on Mother's Day to treat myself to a day in my jammies watching movies or whatever on Netflix and chose to take the plunge into Dexter since I've heard good things about it. So that was yesterday .... yeah, I finished the first season a few minutes ago. 12 episodes in 2 days. Kinda hooked ;)
I'm excited to hear that there are/will continue to be many more episodes for me to catch up on! :D
I'm officially in love with this show.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Watching it all at once is the best way Aimee. I did that for the first four seasons. I watched the last 6 episodes of Season 4 in a row. So addicting.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I hadn't watched it until recently either. I am all caught up now though. I was mad when I was done with season 5. I didn't want to be done!

Kenny
Member Avatar

darraholic
May 9 2011, 11:58 PM
I watched the last 6 episodes of Season 4 in a row. So addicting.
Season 4 is amazing.

:hail: John Lithgow.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

One of the best shows in television. Not many shows can carry the caliber of excellence that Dexter brings each season..

Manny
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 10 2011, 12:25 AM
darraholic
May 9 2011, 11:58 PM
I watched the last 6 episodes of Season 4 in a row. So addicting.
Season 4 is amazing.

:hail: John Lithgow.
It really is awesome.
Probably my favorite season!

taylore
Member Avatar

dexter is the best show on tv,can't wait for season 6

Mr.Harlow

That was a pretty good promo. Notice how they completely disregarded Season 5?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply