Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FOX cancels Breaking In, The Chicago Code, Human Target and Traffic Light; Lie to Me gets the ax too
Topic Started: May 10 2011, 10:46 PM (305 Views)
BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

It's the end of the road for Fox's sophomore drama Human Target and freshmen The Chicago Code, Lie To Me and Breaking In. Also expected to get the axe is procedural Lie To Me. While Human Target had been a long shot after a soft second-season run and Chicago Code and Traffic Light's fate had been sealed for awhile, the yanking of Breaking In was surprising as the comedy launched strong behind American Idol, posting Fox's highest ratings for live-action comedy series in 3 years. It has since slipped but was considered a solid contender for renewal as it had shown promise and had done much better than two other freshman live-action Fox comedies, Traffic Light and Running Wilde. And so the Christian Slater curse continues..

Source
Edited by BC2.0, May 10 2011, 11:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

TVBTN & all the other TV Progamming News sites are saying Lie To Me is officially done, too.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Damn, I was actually enjoying Breaking In. Christian Slater can't catch a break.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I figured they would cut their losses with those shows. Too bad.

Breaking In being cancelled surprises me a bit. That one sucks. But they don't really have a place for it.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Mateo
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8532509&t=8509620
Damn, I was actually enjoying Breaking In. Christian Slater can't catch a break.

KMan101
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8532510&t=8509620
I figured they would cut their losses with those shows. Too bad.

Breaking In being cancelled surprises me a bit. That one sucks. But they don't really have a place for it.

I so agree. I really liked Breaking in. Without that show, I really have no reason to tune in to Fox anymore.

Posted Image

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Fox has 'effed me over more times than any other network. I'm still shocked that Bones has survived so long. It's the only show I watch on Fox.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's because Bones does well no matter where it's put.

Breaking In was a surprise cancellation. I read on one website (I think Deadline?) how they compare it to three years ago when Fox surprisingly cancelled Back to You, which was doing pretty well.

I think FOX just doesn't have a place for it, plain and simple.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Well, there goes three shows (Chicago Code, Human Target & Lie to Me) I watch. Bummer.

Drew
Member Avatar

BC2.0
May 10 2011, 10:46 PM
The Chicago Code
BASTARDS!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply