Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Sami and Rafe Reunite/Safe Make Love!; 5/24 Issue
Topic Started: May 11 2011, 04:10 PM (11,755 Views)
mellie277
Member Avatar

lysie
May 16 2011, 07:52 PM
mellie277
May 16 2011, 07:41 PM
lysie
May 16 2011, 07:33 PM
mellie277
May 16 2011, 06:57 PM
the man got his job because of his connections, not acting skills......is it any surprise he sucks this much......

per GG

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It says he read for them multiple times. I think the majority of the current cast is proof that they're not exactly looking for talent, though.
IMO the running lines was nothing more than a formality........brought in by a buddy who then created a character for him........and yes there are others who can join him in the talentless lineup, but the key is less screentime......its not as obvious :D
It seems like all of the crappy ones are onscreen a lot to me, lol. I think that having a character written for him is a bigger deal than the rest. Although, I kind of think he's wrong about that. I think that character would have been written in regardless of him because of the way they wanted to accommodate AS's pregnancy.
ditto on the character being written for him part............
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
mellie277
lysie
mellie277
the man got his job because of his connections, not acting skills......is it any surprise he sucks this much......

per GG

It says he read for them multiple times. I think the majority of the current cast is proof that they're not exactly looking for talent, though.
IMO the running lines was nothing more than a formality........brought in by a buddy who then created a character for him........and yes there are others who can join him in the talentless lineup, but the key is less screentime......its not as obvious :D
It seems like all of the crappy ones are onscreen a lot to me, lol. I think that having a character written for him is a bigger deal than the rest. Although, I kind of think he's wrong about that. I think that character would have been written in regardless of him because of the way they wanted to accommodate AS's pregnancy.
I think they were going to write in a new character due to AS's pregnancy - and once they decided to hire GG they set about to write Rafe to fit him.

mellie277
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 16 2011, 08:00 PM
lysie
mellie277
lysie

I think they were going to write in a new character due to AS's pregnancy - and once they decided to hire GG they set about to write Rafe to fit him.
:shame: how that turned out............

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
lysie
mellie277
lysie

I wonder what it is about GG that made them think the role of a boring, self righteous, jerk fit him?

mellie277
Member Avatar

six
May 16 2011, 08:20 PM
SocRMum1
lysie
mellie277

I wonder what it is about GG that made them think the role of a boring, self righteous, jerk fit him?
:smooch: oh six, how I love thee :biggrin:

Mayholidays

I have very much enjoyed GG's portrayal of Rafe2 (even though he was a real creep) and think he did a great job ...I also enjoy him when he is Rafe,he doesn't come across as being arrogant most of the time to me but I know he does to others.The clips I have seen on YT of him in Passions were truly cringeworthy though ..really,really bad,I'm amazed he had a following at all.

Taelyn

lysie
mellie277
lysie
mellie277

per GG

I agree.. whether it was him or someone else, I think it was decided to move Sami into a different Romance. TPTB had decided to eliminate Lucas for some reason .. (I think he was likely just to outspoken and critical, so they made him expendable) And Since they wanted Sami to be her Mothers daughter, they created a character out of their version of a mix of Roman/John.
Im sure it didnt hurt that Galen and Alison were also very good friends as well, so Im sure she was excited at the prospect of working with him.

Tomlin may have gotten him in the door and given him an opportunity, but Im sure the reading.experience,and his good looks, and His friendship with AS probably got him the job.. Probably more so than Tomlin.

glenda

Taelyn
May 17 2011, 06:34 AM
lysie
mellie277
lysie

I agree.. whether it was him or someone else, I think it was decided to move Sami into a different Romance. TPTB had decided to eliminate Lucas for some reason .. (I think he was likely just to outspoken and critical, so they made him expendable) And Since they wanted Sami to be her Mothers daughter, they created a character out of their version of a mix of Roman/John.
Im sure it didnt hurt that Galen and Alison were also very good friends as well, so Im sure she was excited at the prospect of working with him.

Tomlin may have gotten him in the door and given him an opportunity, but Im sure the reading.experience,and his good looks, and His friendship with AS probably got him the job.. Probably more so than Tomlin.
Another example of why you should not hire your friends,they'll ruin you.
Like GG is ruining Days

CapeSafe

The Sami and Rafe s/l is what got me back to watching Days.

mellie277
Member Avatar

glenda
May 17 2011, 07:05 AM
Taelyn
May 17 2011, 06:34 AM
lysie
mellie277

Another example of why you should not hire your friends,they'll ruin you.
Like GG is ruining Days
amen, and having him as a screen buddy has not helped AS one bit......she has gone from bad to worse.........maybe their close friendship can lead them to a couple of acting classes.......sorely needed!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Their story turned me off, just nauseating

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply