Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC and OLTL CANCELED!; AMC to last air September 23rd, OLTL in Jan. 2012
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:23 PM (9,788 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 14 2011, 01:44 PM
What will happen to SOD/SOW? Will they re-brand themselves and start covering talk shows and Sesame Street or will they fold too?
Haven't they already started covering reality shows? I'm sure it'll be more of that shit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Kenny
What will happen to SOD/SOW? Will they re-brand themselves and start covering talk shows and Sesame Street or will they fold too?
I have been wondering how they have survived with six soaps. I would think that they will definitely combine the magazines into one publication. There's no way they can keep both with only four soaps to cover.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

My heart is truly broken!!! So sad and disgusting!!!

OliveAnn

Mason
Kenny
Haven't they already started covering reality shows? I'm sure it'll be more of that shit.
They're also covering primetime soaps. In fact, I think that in the past 5 months alone they had 5 Pretty Little Liars-related covers. And they also cover Vampire Diaries and some other stuff. But, I don't know how long that can keep them alive. I mean, we already have TV Guide to read about those shows.

And, yes, this stinks. My heart goes out to all the fans and, especially cast and crew who've invested so many years into these shows.
Edited by OliveAnn, Apr 14 2011, 01:48 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

On the bright side, at least they'll both be going out with writers that can do their finales justice. (I shudder to think what DAYS's final episodes will be like assuming Dena Higley is still in control.)
Edited by Mason, Apr 14 2011, 01:48 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Unbelievable. I'm in shock right now. I always had the feeling that AMC/OLTL would be the next soaps to go, but I didn't think it would be this year or that they would be cancelled together. This news truly saddens me. I've become such a fan of both (OLTL since 2007 and AMC since 2010). I guess Lorraine Broderick was brought in to wrap up the show, as some speculated. The only thing we can do is look at this in a positive light and know that at least the shows will be written by the best two writers of the shows' histories. Broderick and Ron Carlivati will no doubt take the show out with stride.

annie
Member Avatar

How very sad for the fans of these shows and for the cast and crews, so many people out of work and yet Higley survives. is there no justice.

Kenny
Member Avatar

AMC and OLTL are trending on Twitter.

Kelly Ripa: Sad day. :( The cancelation of AMC and OLTL. Very sad day for me. #lovethoseshows

Cady McClain: ABC just cancelled AMC and OLTL. End of an era. So sad. Fond memories.

Leven Rambin: WOW. RIP #AllMyChildren. The end of an iconic era and huge part of my life. What a travesty!

Andy Cohen: #HaleyAndMateoForever #EricaKane. #RIPAMC #PalmerCortland #Opal #Tad #Bianca #Daisy #CliffAndNina #TheGlamorama #TheChateu #KentBogard #TravisMontgomery #AdamChandler #Lucci

Kenny
Member Avatar

I wonder what Roger Howarth is thinking? He hasn't even started taping yet and OLTL has already been thrown to the dogs.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm sad and I've never seen either show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't even imagine daytime television without Erica Kane.

Kenny
Member Avatar

They're reporting this on HLN and CNN now.

"Don't shoot the reporter, guys..."

granolagirl
Member Avatar

LPS
Apr 14 2011, 01:36 PM
Let me guess, this is so GH does not have to take a budget cut? Whateva....
I bet the budget cut is for real. It reminds me of when Days was doing its big cast clean out, and they announced several actors who were staying had renegotiated lower salaries before they announced the firings. That rumor about GH should have been a sign that both AMC and OLTL were in trouble.

Sad day. :(

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kenny
Apr 14 2011, 01:51 PM
I wonder what Roger Howarth is thinking? He hasn't even started taping yet and OLTL has already been thrown to the dogs.
Now we see why he probably agreed to return.

This is such a stupid move especially cutting both at one time. GH won't be far behind with these terrible lead ins and OLTL/AMC fans may quit watching GH just to protest.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

OLTL doesn't have much time at all to wrap things up. I don't know how far ahead they are in taping but I'm sure the writers room is going to be very busy. Also, how does this affect the Todd story they were planning with Howarth's return?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 14 2011, 01:55 PM
They're reporting this on HLN and CNN now.

"Don't shoot the reporter, guys..."
It's on yahoo too.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What the hell are Erica Slezak and Susan Lucci going to do? It's going to be very hard for them to find roles outside of Erica and Viki.

Mason
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Apr 14 2011, 01:57 PM
OLTL doesn't have much time at all to wrap things up. I don't know how far ahead they are in taping but I'm sure the writers room is going to be very busy. Also, how does this affect the Todd story they were planning with Howarth's return?
If SOD's correct, they won't be going off the air until January.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

TPTB at OLTL and AMC had to have known about this for some time now. That has to be why Broderick was brought back to AMC. I wonder if that's also the reason Howarth is coming back to OLTL to take the show out as the real Todd. If so, I think I'm going to be sick.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 14 2011, 01:58 PM
dc cubs
Apr 14 2011, 01:57 PM
If SOD's correct, they won't be going off the air until January.
I thought it was OLTL in September and AMC has until January to wrap things up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply