Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC and OLTL CANCELED!; AMC to last air September 23rd, OLTL in Jan. 2012
Topic Started: Apr 14 2011, 01:23 PM (9,046 Views)
Mason

dc cubs
Apr 14 2011, 02:00 PM
Mason
Apr 14 2011, 01:58 PM
dc cubs
Apr 14 2011, 01:57 PM
OLTL doesn't have much time at all to wrap things up. I don't know how far ahead they are in taping but I'm sure the writers room is going to be very busy. Also, how does this affect the Todd story they were planning with Howarth's return?
If SOD's correct, they won't be going off the air until January.
I thought it was OLTL in September and AMC has until January to wrap things up.
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/amc-and-oltl-canceled
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Hey everyone, in the wake of all this sad news, let's take a moment to pay attention to Nelson Branco, shall we? (Since he craves it so badly and all...)
Quote:

Never trust an ABC Daytime PR rep is the moral of this story! Once again. Making Susan Lucci look crazy...

Shoot. I was the first person to tell Robin Strasser. That WASN'T FUN!
Say "I" if you believe he actually regrets being the one to break the news to Strasser.

*crickets*

Days4Life

I watched AMC from the very first episode and even though I stopped in the late 80s, this is still devastating news. I feel so bad for the cast and crew of both shows and also for the many devoted fans. It's horrible, awful, terrible news.

Mason

Nelson is a pathetic parasitic whore.

There. I've said it.
Edited by Mason, Apr 14 2011, 02:02 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This makes me worried for 'Days'. Pretty soon I think soaps are going to be a thing of the past. :(

buffyloverlori

This is just so sad, I don't watch much soaps anymore. But even I started getting sad and felt like I was going to cry. Soaps are really dieing out. I thought for sure Days would go before those two. Very sad day for soap fans.

LovingDays

Angie79
Apr 14 2011, 02:03 PM
This makes me worried for 'Days'. Pretty soon I think soaps are going to be a thing of the past. :(
im not worried about days

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 14 2011, 02:01 PM
dc cubs
Apr 14 2011, 02:00 PM
Mason
Apr 14 2011, 01:58 PM
dc cubs
Apr 14 2011, 01:57 PM
OLTL doesn't have much time at all to wrap things up. I don't know how far ahead they are in taping but I'm sure the writers room is going to be very busy. Also, how does this affect the Todd story they were planning with Howarth's return?
If SOD's correct, they won't be going off the air until January.
I thought it was OLTL in September and AMC has until January to wrap things up.
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/amc-and-oltl-canceled
Didn't see that. So AMC is the one that will have the quick wrap up. Weren't the planning this Erica doppelganger story to last a long time. That will have to be quickly wrapped up.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

DrewHamilton
Apr 14 2011, 01:53 PM
I can't even imagine daytime television without Erica Kane.
Me too, brother. Me too!! Add Viki Lord to that list as well!!!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 14 2011, 01:31 PM
Okay, I love Carla Hall (seriously... ADORE her), but "The Chew" sounds absolutely ridiculous. The View & The Chew? Seriously?

I'm surprised ABC didn't lure Alison Sweeney over to host "The Revolution."
I agree. and If I want to watch a show about food,theres the FOOD NETWORK.

I was on twitter and was wondering WTF these soaps were trending

Days can't be too far behind

Kenny
Member Avatar

Tom Casiello: Don't care how unprofessional it is to tweet this: I'm fucking devastated. Fucking tired of pieces of our lives cut away

Tom Casiello: You will save money. You will hold onto demos. You will be fine. But you leave NO LEGACY now, ABC. Congratu-fucking-lations. You're mediocre

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I feel bad for not watching AMC since early 2010.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 14 2011, 02:03 PM
Me too.

Especially with their ratings & truly BAD storylines.

It's just a matter of time.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Chrishell Stause: Rumors are true. AMC & One Life are cancelled. End of an era. Very sad but you will see us actors pop up other places :)

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Wow, this sucks. With only four soaps left the soap genre is truly over.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Are you kidding me, this is devastating to me. It feels like someone died. I have watched all the ABC soaps (not really AMC much anymore) since I was able to watch tv with my mother. This was a part of her that I still had left. Fuck you ABC and Fuck you too Frons. I don't need another crappy ass talk show to watch. My soaps have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, there isn't one talk show that I can say the same about. While GH is my favorite and always has been, it's not the same without AMC and OLTL to lead into. Did I say Fuck you yet.

Sorry for the language but right now there isn't much more I can say :'(

Kenny
Member Avatar

Catherine Hickland: The actors were not even told before the press! What a class act. Too bad it's all third. What a TOOL!

jayoster

This is sad but no shocker at all imo. Basically, its gotten whittled down to the 3 most popular soap operas in the entire history of the genre. Days,Y&R and GH. It makes total sense that they would be the last ones standing.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Catherine Hickland: No Michael Knight on Daytime? IMPOSSIBLE! UNTHINKABLE!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

At least AMC and OLTL will be wrapped up with good writers. I'm fearful of the news of DAYS' cancellation, not because the show won't be on anymore, but because of the shitty send off the show will get under Dena Higley's pen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply